Isekaied into a fantasy world for lots of size changing fun

The board for RPGs with actual rule systems
chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Isekaied into a fantasy world for lots of size changing fun

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:39 am

"Hello! Me and, um..." I look at my slave, "Can I call you Audrey? I think you look like an Audrey." After seeing her nod, I look at the blacksmith, "Audrey and I are a bit new to this adventuring stuff. Do you happen to have any advice on what weapons or armor we should get? I'll admit, I'm still not fully sure what I can do, but I was told Audrey has a weak Earth skill, for what it's worth. I was thinking about helping her train it a bit before we set off."

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:07 am

"Ah, a weak earth skill, I'd recommend visiting a tailor to get a light cloak, and enchanting it. As for you, I could make a simple set of light chainmail armour if you would want, if you don't have any skills."

He turns to his anvil, striking it a couple more times before pausing. "And you also said you were new to adventuring, then I suppose you two could visit the adventurers guild and sign up. Maybe you could form a party together?"

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:58 am

I pat the breast of the armour and smile before taking up the shortsword, for never having held a sword before it was surprisingly light, almost natural (is this what they mean when they say 'an extension of yourself') I ponder for a moment before replying to the blacksmith. "Hey, I'd rather it save my life than be tailored and this feels like amazing quality gear. Thank you very much". I sheath the sword across the small of my back and reach over my shoulder to pet Rio on the head just poking out the top of the bag. Turning round to look at the two strangers coming in the doorway, listening off to the side as they discussed their needs with the blacksmith, again, giving his sage advice, showing his years of experience either adventuring himself or outfitting others.

I had to admit, the suggestion of forming a party wasnt a bad one 'weak earth skill' sounds like a mage, the chain mail likely meant this guy was a fighter type. It does sound like we'd have all our bases covered.

"I mean, if you're alright with that? I think we could probably work quite well together. I'm Underscore, but my friend just call me Score" I casually offer out my hand for a handshake.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:58 pm

As I pay the blacksmith for the armor (IDK how much it costs, but I know I'll need it), I hold my hand out to Score. "Sure! Sounds like fun! My name's Chocolate, and this is Audrey." I motion to Audrey, who meekly waves at Score. "She's supposed to be my "slave", but I prefer treating her like a friend."

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:31 pm

I shake Chocolates hand generously. "Perfect, I was going to have a look next door in the Elven Slave shop but I must admit, it's something I'm not familiar with but as we've stumbled accross each other, I can't see any need now hahaha"
I stretch my hand up over my shoulder to pet my companion who let's out an acknowledging Meow.
"Oh and this is my companion, Rio", gesturing to the head of the cat now poking out over my shoulder.
"I suppose the next step would be the adventurers guild... I don't suppose you have any idea where that is?" I ask with a nervous chuckle, scratching at the back of my head.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:29 pm

"Hm, I don't think I saw it on my way here. Maybe look where there's more people? How crowded do guilds tend to be?"

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:36 pm

"Good question... I imagine it would be near the tavern so maybe we should look out for street fights and shouting.... I do have this map though, maybe that has it on it" I suggest as I take out the folded up map from the throne room and unfurl it on the blacksmiths counter.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:34 am

"Huh, I have one just like that!" I pull out MY map that I had recieved from the kind, "Though I thought mine was meant to be more of the surrounding area. They wanted me to go to this cave here." I point to the X on my map.

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:30 pm

"Wait.... That's not just like it... These are the same! I have the same cave marked" I declare planting my finger on the X over the same cave on my map.
"So you're the other.... Wow... Didn't think we'd bump into each other this early hahaha what are the odds? Definitely good thing we partied up. So should we head straight to cave then instead of 'registering' with the guild or should we try and find it first before we head off?"

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:16 pm

"Hm, part of me feels like we should at least figure out where the guild even is, just to be safe..." I then notice a certain detail in what Score said, "Wait, what do you mean by "other"? You didn't happen to, um..." I whisper this next part in case somebody overhears, "come from another world, did you?"

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:53 pm

I take a second to make sure the blacksmith isn't looking our way and give an honest nod.
"And I'm probably not the only 'other" I whisper back "They said something about the portal still being open so there might be more of us on the way so we should probably try and keeps an ear out around here incase anyone else shows up from our side" I add with a smile.
"But we can figure that out once we do whatever need to at the cave and get back. First the adventurers guildhall".
I start to walk to the door, checking behind that Chocolate and 'Audrey' were following.
I really should try out this tamer skill of mine, see how much help I'm going to be out there in a fight if need be

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:32 pm

I look at Audrey and offer my hand, "I guess we're going with them now. Don't worry, I'm sure he's nice enough. We can stop by the tailor after we head for the guild, okay?" And with that, we follow Score out.

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:40 pm

The tailors sounds like a good idea... If my skill works how I think, I'll be able to tame local wildlife... Birds, cows, rats, horses give me a few options in town here but they'll transform into something much closer to humans when I tame them, I imagine just things like ears and tails will stay with them physically but this means they'll be naked and that'll just cause a scene with people around so maybe I should stock up on generic clothes.... Robes and cloaks would be a good place to start... I can always see about creating a clothes altering or creation skill for my tames with this hidden skill of mine.
"We should also keep an eye out for an animal store of some kind. I don't know if this place has attack dogs or wolves or something but those would be extra helpful given my beast taming skills. Even just wildlife like a horse that I can use to help if we need to, I hate feeling like dead weight hahaha" I joke with Chocolate as we walk out, heading off in the noisiest direction, hoping I was right about adventurers being near the tavern.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:11 am

Underscore and Chocolate make their way to the adventurers tavern, and stand by the door. "Well, I guess we should open it, no one becomes an adventurer by staring at a door," Chocolate comments. As they open it, they are met with quite a rowdy, yet welcoming atmosphere, with many adventurers inside laughing and drinking.

The pair and their companions nervously step inside and walk up to the guild counter. They are met with a smile from an absolutely shredded woman with a strong scottish accent for some reason.

"Welcome adventurers, how can I help you today?"

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:16 am

"I always knew Scotland was a universal place." I whisper to Score before responding, "Hello! We're new adventurers around here, and we were wondering if we could form a party? There's me, my elven friend, my HUMAN friend, and um... do cats count, too? Because we have a cat, too."

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:59 am

"Absolutely my friend." She pulls out three forms, "Unfortunately, your cat cannot sign the risk waiver, but they can follow along anyway."

She hands it to your party to sign, which the party does. The lady smiles and hands out three cards for the party to take.

"Welcome to the adventurer's guild! If you look over there," She gestures to a board in the back corner of the room, "You'll find the quest board. Complete some quests to rank up your guild card and earn some money for your efforts. You guys are currently rank F, and you can accept quests up to one rank above you. Come to see me if you have any issues."

She leaves to do something else, leaving your party with your fresh guild cards.

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:29 pm

Well never thought the guild and the tavern would be the same place but suppose it makes sence I ponder as the thick accent hits.
"it's like being back home, gotta say I like this place" I reply quietly to Chocolate which a hushed chuckle.

"So, should we check out this board, maybe find an easy quest to try first before tackling this cave on the map?" I suggest, giving my guild card to Rio who tucks it into her carry bag.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:48 pm

"That sounds like a good idea. We should at least get the basics of adventuring down." We thus make our way over to the quest board.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:39 pm

Your party wanders over to the quest board, scanning over the various quests pinned up. As the woman had said, there were a variety of quests from F rank to S rank, but you mainly focused on the F rank and E rank quests, which mainly consisted of picking various herbs and fighting some basic creatures.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:10 am

"Um, I never was good with field work, so I'm not sure how well I'd do with the herbs. What kinds of monsters are these? I'd expect stuff like monster rabbits or squirrels, but I might be setting myself up for disappointment..."

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:53 am

"Hmmm likewise, I don't think gathering herbs would be to our strong suit... Maybe if we get someone else in our party who's a healer or knows more about herbs but for now, I think fighting weaker creatures would be our best bet. You're probably right, it'll most likely just be crop destroyers like rabbits, rats or crows given its a F rank quest, rank E might be something a bit thougher like a wolf or goblin... But we should stick with rank F for now until we have some experience fighting together" I suggest with a smile

'If I'm a tamer, I'm a back line support type, I should maybe use this to look into the whole Skill Creation and maybe create some buffing skills to use on Chocolate and Audrey, maybe also a way to increase my MP to keep attacking... Oh and some attack spells too' I think to myself, running through the unlimited options before me before snapping back to reality.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:19 am

Your eyes land on a simple quest for hunting 20 rabbits, something your party should be able to manage easily.

Alternatively, your party has the option of clearing a rat infestation from a barn, which would be annoying but easy, or hunting a few deer.

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:35 pm

"How about we try these two hunting quests? We could probably work on them at the same time and then once we turn them in, we can see about this rat infested barn?" I suggest, picking the two hunting quest papers off of the board and taking them over to the front desk.

"We'd like to take these jobs please" I say to the Scottish accented woman.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:50 pm

"Sure thing adventurer," she says, handing you an official looking contract.

"Sign here, and you can go on your way. The field for the rabbits is just a few kilometers from here, and the forest for the deer should be right next to it."

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:03 pm

"Perfect, we should be able to knock these both out and make our way back before nightfall".

I sign my name on the contract and motion for Chocolate to do the same before continuing.

"Speaking of nightfall, where would we be able to stay, is there a local Inn or does the guild offer rooms?"