Isekaied into a fantasy world for lots of size changing fun

The board for RPGs with actual rule systems
gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Isekaied into a fantasy world for lots of size changing fun

Post by gtquik702 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:56 am

Audrey shrugs, as Underscore joins the two, Fluer happily perched on his shoulder.

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:00 am

"I agree, I think moving them on would be best for us. I can't imagine little Fluer here would take to kindly to us killing her friends. But the guild might want proof of our hunt, pelts or rabbit meat. We could move them onto the deer forest we're going next but then the same problem occurs, we've got deer to hunt there and the guild is definitely going to want proof of that. Maybe we would be best just picking some rabbits to take back alive and let the guild do what it needs to with them." I offer sympathetically.
"I've been hunting a few times with my dad so I know what to do about the deer... I think we'd be best fulfilling the job before we try to befriend or tame them"
I reach up and rub a finger against Fluers belly before reaching further back to pet Rio.
"I think we have to do what we have to do Chocolate, we've just done things backwards here and now we've got to pay for it" I add sadly with a down expression

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:32 pm

Audrey looks a bit saddened, and pipes up. "I think we could just bring them back to the guild, but if we have to kill them, that's ok."

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:52 pm

I look down, a bit saddened, "Man, our first quest and I've already found a way to screw up..."

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:52 pm

"Hey, as long as we know what we did wrong and how to do it right next time then it wasn't a screw up, just a learning experience. Let's just take enough rabbits to fulfil the job, go hunt a couple deer, try and tame or befriend one and then go back to the guild and start tomorrow as a new day?" I offer with a smile and a supportive hand on Chocolates shoulder.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:54 pm

"Yeah, alright. Though I'm not sure I even have any weapons..." I look towards Audrey, "Say, is that earth skill good for combat, do you know?"

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:29 am

Audrey nodded, "I can make a few basic weapons with my earth skill temporarily, I don't think I can kill them myself..."

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:27 am

"Alright, what kind of weapon would be good for something quick as nd painless? It's the least we csn do."

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:12 am

Audrey turned away and created a sizeable blunt dagger. "Hit them in the back of the neck hard enough with that, it should kill them instantly." She said quietly.

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:26 am

"How many did the job ask for again?" I ask as I draw my shortsword, checking the heft of the pommel, hoping it would be heavy enough.
"It's my mess too so I should help, Fluer, you should look away... Audrey, would you mind taking her for now while Chocolate and I settle the quest?"

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:14 pm

"20, I believe." I look down at the rabbits and sigh, "Sorry little guys, but we got work to do." I take the dagger Audrey made for me and get to work.

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:53 pm

I give a heavy sigh, hoping it was something like 5 or maybe 10.
"I really hated going hunting as a kid and this only makes it worse" as I hunch down and follow suit, slamming the pommel into the back of the nearest rabbits neck as quickly as I can to get this over with. A little snap could be heard and the lifeless body just lays there. I shake my head and move onto the next one, and the next....

"Well that's my 10, how's it going on your end?" I ask trying to smile through the disgust.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:09 pm

"Just got my last one..." I look over at the remaining rabbits, who have since run off in terror. Man, this adventuring thing is gonna be hard, isn't it?

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:13 pm

"Perfect... Atleast we know your skill just doesn't turn off common sense or survival" I add seeing the rabbits scampering off.
'I hope Fluer is okay with this though'
"So, just a couple of deer to go and we can get back and forget about all this". I put the bag down that Rio was in, letting her out and putting the rabbits we'd gathered inside, pulling the drawstring closed.
"Sorry Rio, you're gonna have to walk with us" a meow of disappointee acknowledgement before she toddled off and brushed up against Audreys leg.

"We should get a move on and try and strategise on the way cause unless a Audrey can mold a Bow with arrows, I think we'll have to catch the deer and... do 'it' by hand... Fluer has an Ice Skill so she might be able to freeze a deer in place long enough to get close with the dagger or shortsword. Maybe Audrey could make a sort of quicksand effect for the same result.... Or we may have to use your Befriender skill to lure them in. Thankfully its only 2 deer on the job so not bad but I want to try my skill on a deer and see what happens so we'll need a 3rd for that if we can stomach it.... That's if you're OK with this Chocolate?" I ask sincerely

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:57 pm

Although still a bit upset, I nod, "Yeah. You're right. Just gotta do what we can for now."

I notice Rio walking alongside Audrey, and get curious, "Hey Score, have you thought about using your tamer skill on Rio there? I'm not sure it would even work, given they're not from here, but I was kinda curious..."

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:14 pm

"I did consider it at first but seeing how Rio tends to listen to me anyway I never saw the point in trying it out..." I pause for a second, looking at Fluer in Audrey's arms "having seen what happened with our little Snow Rabbit, Fluer, I can't say I'm not interested in trying it out once we're back to the guild"

I reason with myself, its not like I raised Rio from a kitten, she was just a stray cat that showed up in day and never left so there shouldn't be any problem in seeing what the Tamer skill would do to her. Yeah, Fluer, whatever a Tamed deer would look like and a Cat girl Rio... That could be a whole different kind of fun in this weird world.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:41 pm

The party enters the forest, and immediately spot some deer grazing in some sparse patches of grass.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:23 am

"Only 2 to kill, right? And a third for Score's... um... whatever he's getting for himself." I look over at Score, "You're not gonna try starting a small army with that skill, are you?"

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:19 am

"I mean... Maybe? It'd come in handy right?" I joke with a chuckle.
"To be honest I'm just experimenting with it, find it's limits and draw backs other than needing to buy clothes for them all. Like imagine the big bad problem we have to solve is a dragon and them Boom mini dragon lady, problem solved and a new pet, that'd be hilarious!" I let out a hearty laugh

"That said, just taming a rabbit took all of my MP and it's only barely recharged now so for that to work, I need to find a way to boost my MP and it seems taming creatures does, albeit in a round about way so if I want to be able to do proper support magic for you and Audrey, I need to tame more to level up... "

Level up, maybe thats a skill I could create, either level up my current skills or level up my stats to have more MP. I couldn't see an obvious XP bar on my status screen. I focus hard on creating a Level Up or XP Gain Skill

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:27 am

To underscore's delight, a notification pops up in front of him.

"Skill creation: level up"

However, to his horror, it reads:
-5000 SP. Confirm?

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:29 pm

"Damnit" I mutter under my breath "Wish I had an instruction book for this" I joke to myself. I open up my status screen and read 'SP can be gained through training (meditation)....what does that mean, like sleeping or do I have to sit and just chill out?

I come out of my stats and get back to walking, maybe a skill to gain SP over time? ... Or to convert MP to SP. It recharges too, albeit slowly but it would be a good way to build up for the more costly skills. I try focusing on those concepts, either start gaining SP over time or convert MP to SP.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:34 pm

As Score was pondering this, a new popup appeared

Skill creation: MP to SP - 100 SP

Skill creation: SP over time: - 100000 SP
I learnt my lesson by making myself too OP, sorry...

The deer in the clearing notice Score meandering towards them, and they slowly move away.

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:51 pm

(No worries, it's a super powerful ability so makes sense to make it difficult to abuse... Like I'm trying hahaha)

"Ah ha" I declare nearly falling backwards in my eureka moment as I just now notice the now startled deer behind the notification.
100 is a much more manageable amount, 20 tames should get me to that and that's before even trying the meditation way to gain SP and start getting some support magic skills.

"Shit, sorry Chocolate, I was lost in thought and didn't notice the deer until now" I admit behind a nervous smile
'Way to mess this up Score' I chastise myself

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:42 pm

"I don't know what you were doing," (I don't think my character knows about the skill screen) "but I came prepared this time!"

With that, I jump out near the deer, focusing on my Befriender skill again. I hate doing it like this, but it looks like it may be useful for situations like this. With knife in hand (but hidden), I wait to see what happens...

Underscore
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Underscore » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:27 pm

"Just a bit.... Distracted" I admit, carefully walking up beside Chocolate.
"So, how'd you want to do this? If its easier I can do both or we can do one each at the same time? Probably the best option so we don't spook them too much... Just... Let's make it painless. Go for the side of the neck, about two this from the head toward the shoulder. When the deer startles, hold it still and pull the knife down as if youre trying to cut straight down through the neck. It's the most painless way to do it."

Years of failed hunting trips with my dad flash through my mind, always hated them, never thought it'd ever help me in real life.