Upcoming Netflix Movie Atlas

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
Kongman77
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Upcoming Netflix Movie Atlas

Post by Kongman77 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:56 pm

Saw the trailer of the film Atlas, starring Jennifer Lopez that will be on Netflix this month.
In said trailer (no shrunken women) there is a brief handheld of a huge mech holding J-Lo.
I thought I'd alert those who like a handheld, sorry about the screenshot I got, but it was brief, hopefully we might see more in the film.

PickUpArtist

Re: Upcoming Netflix Movie Atlas

Post by PickUpArtist » Wed May 22, 2024 12:03 am

Thanks so much. Glad to see any new handhelds.

I will say, CGI handhelds generally are annoying. They're often so quick and unconvincing. Even Kong 2005 doesn't have a steady, protracted, full on scene where Ann is struggling in Kong's grip (like the clothes-peeling scene in '33 and the 'Put me down!' scene in '76). She just gets whipped all over the place like a rag doll.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:39 am

PickUpArtist wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 12:03 am

I will say, CGI handhelds generally are annoying. They're often so quick and unconvincing. Even Kong 2005 doesn't have a steady, protracted, full on scene where Ann is struggling in Kong's grip (like the clothes-peeling scene in '33 and the 'Put me down!' scene in '76). She just gets whipped all over the place like a rag doll.
After all that, it's amazing that she didn't get whiplash or broke her neck.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed May 22, 2024 2:38 pm

kira123 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:39 am
PickUpArtist wrote:

I thought that too when I watched it. From the time he grabbed her off the sacrificial rack (which would have torn her arms off) to the way he walked whipping her around, her neck or back would have been broken or she would have had a stroke from the G forces rupturing an artery in her brain. The first two Kong movies were much better in this aspect.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:11 am

DocRick wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:38 pm
kira123 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:39 am
PickUpArtist wrote:

I thought that too when I watched it. From the time he grabbed her off the sacrificial rack (which would have torn her arms off) to the way he walked whipping her around, her neck or back would have been broken or she would have had a stroke from the G forces rupturing an artery in her brain. The first two Kong movies were much better in this aspect.
Even in the giant T-Rex fight. Imagine if he didn't catch her during the fight throwing her around like that.