Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
theangelofdeath1986
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Re: Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Post by theangelofdeath1986 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:20 am

Love that they went this way. They Cassie Lang'd it her shrinking is linked to emotions result

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:01 pm

Shrinking being tied to emotional state?! Oh yeah I'm in! (bonus, no more gross puking...)

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:01 pm

Edit: (double post)
Last edited by foreverlurk on Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:13 pm

Dude making clips from their basements have better pacing when filing shrinking clips. Were they REALLY so desperate for those those 5 or 10 seconds they had to randomly jump cut to her at a much smaller size?
Like I know it's nitpicky but I was just joking about how it's only matter of time before these writers decide stuff like scene coherence and continuity become a hindrance to whatever their ego is telling them their magnus opus should be. :/

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:36 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:13 pm
Dude making clips from their basements have better pacing when filing shrinking clips. Were they REALLY so desperate for those those 5 or 10 seconds they had to randomly jump cut to her at a much smaller size?
Like I know it's nitpicky but I was just joking about how it's only matter of time before these writers decide stuff like scene coherence and continuity become a hindrance to whatever their ego is telling them their magnus opus should be. :/
I see you're one of those "glass half empty" kinds of people.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:19 pm

Aussie_Lurker wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:36 pm
Raso719 wrote:
Yeah I dunno what people expected, Emma was always a side character, granted a main but the show wasn't about her, hell the fact we got more shrinking over GTS unlike what we feared is a win after the EP4 reveal.

Also the show has to work with the budget but c'mon, we got 4 solid SW scenes, granted 2 were brief but I have no idea what some of the community are still being so off about this, we got a legit good shrink stuff after the meh of Ant-man 3 and the Wasp stuff before that.

The sad part is the long wait (maybe? Boys S4 might bring them to the show for a bit?) for S2 since I don't think they will film anything until next year/2025 depending on the SAG strike and the post production so we can get those SW scenes up to par.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:28 pm

Aussie_Lurker wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:36 pm
Raso719 wrote:
I suppose. I don't know, I just expected more from an industry with more money than Davy Crockett run by people who think they're God's gift to theater and cinema and an army of talented computer artists.

Most of the scenes have been fine. But this last one was so poorly paced and the jump I'm size was jarring. If wanting coherent scenes is asking too much to then I should get into cinema cuz the bar is in helll and I have a camera on my phone. Just need to nepo my way in and my shit will be uncritically worshiped.

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:15 am

It was definitely better than getting more GTS, and further solidifies her as an SW over the former.

And obviously, it really does call into question how he powers are supposed to work. She didn't grow during sex, when she felt very strong, positive emotions. And the calorie loss didn't make her shrink during sex, like I was discussing before.

Emma/Lizze is the first in the cast to come up when you google 'Gen V,' so here's hoping that bodes well.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:23 am

rscholar wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:43 am

Trailer for the upcoming Prime show involving an academy that trains supers dealing with a murder. At around :42, there's an extremely small woman - maybe an inch or so tall - trying to run away but getting caught under a plastic cup.

There's been some speculation on who she is and what her role will be. Piecing together some other scenes from the trailer, she's either a witness or directly involved in the murder, as her tiny yellow shoe appears near a drain at the crime scene (:12) and an investigator picks up the shoe with tweezers (:15). Also, is she an actual Supe who can shrink or was she somehow shrunk by someone else? Is she a recurring character or, like several people in The Boys universe, is she a temporary character who dies horribly?
After all the aftermath, it all started with this first post (about to be a year lol). Man, what a wild ride and us speculating, seeing the guesses before the Min review, man so glad they didn't do the whole captured thing we feared or her dying, let's hope once the strike is over, they can start filming S2 so we can get it fast.

Also just noticed the color palette from this shot is different compared to the scene in the show.

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:29 pm

I know there's not much else to say at this point, but I'm hoping a couple of Emma questions get answered in The Boys S4 / Gen V S2:

-Why exactly is she being implicated in the massacre? I get she runs around with the others and Sam probably pointed her out, but technically she didn't fight anyone (really, how is Vought and Homelander able to spin this? Half the school was recording everything. Unless there's a subplot about citizen journalists trying to expose the truth - and/or they're being threatened into silence - it doesn't make sense). If she's an "accomplice," maybe she'll be treated a bit differently than the others and separated (obviously dependent on the real reasons they've all been kept alive at all).

-How did they find her to capture her? Again, Sam could point out where she was, but even tiny she likely wouldn't have stayed put. I can picture a quick montage on the news of the group being rounded up with a quick clip of someone carrying tiny Emma outside with both hands.

-Is the reason she has a drink in the prison because she's being forced to eat by her captors so she can stay normal?

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:51 pm

rscholar wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:29 pm
I know there's not much else to say at this point, but I'm hoping a couple of Emma questions get answered in The Boys S4 / Gen V S2:

-Why exactly is she being implicated in the massacre? I get she runs around with the others and Sam probably pointed her out, but technically she didn't fight anyone (really, how is Vought and Homelander able to spin this? Half the school was recording everything. Unless there's a subplot about citizen journalists trying to expose the truth - and/or they're being threatened into silence - it doesn't make sense). If she's an "accomplice," maybe she'll be treated a bit differently than the others and separated (obviously dependent on the real reasons they've all been kept alive at all).

-How did they find her to capture her? Again, Sam could point out where she was, but even tiny she likely wouldn't have stayed put. I can picture a quick montage on the news of the group being rounded up with a quick clip of someone carrying tiny Emma outside with both hands.

-Is the reason she has a drink in the prison because she's being forced to eat by her captors so she can stay normal?
1. Emma might be listed an accomplice (the Boys allegory of an ANTIFA member with the MAGA vibes the Boys is prepping for) so it is likely that is why she's been with them plus it is likely Sam told Cate that Emma wasn't gonna join them. We know the Boys S4 is set days after the finale so it is likely we will see the footage leaked out but Voight still controls a lot of the image going around so they maybe listed as fake news but time will tell.

2-3. My guess is she was simply captured in her foot height (possible hope S2 reveals her getting captured and carried as she was 1 foot tall) and didn't grow back until possibly after she was in the room with the others, it is likely she is drinking that drink to get back to normal. My guess is it is possible her power either flipped to join with her emotional state or the powers were always emotionally linked to start with (she noticeably has shrunk in EP1 when she had low self esteem with her date, EP2 was when her secret was out hence her emotions were at a all time low, EP3 is the tricky one, it is likely the pizza place incident was when she got so mad a la her state in EP4 when she got big). What is interesting is the group aren't scared about where they are at, it's a luxurious prison as Andre can still use a phone, Emma got a smoothie and the beds are comfy and they seem to be getting care. Time will tell where things go from here as the long wait to Boys S4 and of course S2 begins. Let's hope the strikes are dealt with soon.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:52 pm

Lizze is uploading all the BTS stuff including a test with her big scene.

https://twitter.com/BroadwayLizze/statu ... vD3yQ&s=19

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:32 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:52 pm

I think they took it down but there's some other stuff if you Google her Twitter profile.

I don't know about the rest of you, but as far as I'm concerned she's a legend on par with the likes of Fay Wray, Deanna Lund, and the rest. When we speak of the cool moments throughout this fetish, I'm going to namedrop her a lot, if nothing else because of the sheer amount of ridiculous things she had to do effects-wise.

Frankly, if I ever tell a woman about this fetish, I had always planned to show her either Spirit of Wonder or 7th Voyage of Sinbad as a primer - I feel like I have to include Emma in that now because of all the emotions and topics it touched on and how a good, committed actress can make it special.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:38 pm

rscholar wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:32 pm
I think they took it down but there's some other stuff if you Google her Twitter profile.
Still works for me (but you have to be logged in):
https://twitter.com/BroadwayLizze/statu ... 8548351301

That video got 435K views in less than 24 hours... :shock:
rscholar wrote:
I don't know about the rest of you, but as far as I'm concerned she's a legend on par with the likes of Fay Wray, Deanna Lund, and the rest.
100%. She's quickly becoming one of my favorite SW ever across all media.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:39 pm

rscholar wrote:
eddiegiantman wrote:

I don't know about the rest of you, but as far as I'm concerned she's a legend on par with the likes of Fay Wray, Deanna Lund, and the rest. When we speak of the cool moments throughout this fetish, I'm going to namedrop her a lot, if nothing else because of the sheer amount of ridiculous things she had to do effects-wise.

Frankly, if I ever tell a woman about this fetish, I had always planned to show her either Spirit of Wonder or 7th Voyage of Sinbad as a primer - I feel like I have to include Emma in that now because of all the emotions and topics it touched on and how a good, committed actress can make it special.
Check her Instagram

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:34 am

I just binged the whole series today. There were several fun sizey moments. I think my favorite scene was probably Sam pouring Emma out of the plastic cup onto his blanket.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:51 am

Bobascher wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:34 am
I just binged the whole series today. There were several fun sizey moments. I think my favorite scene was probably Sam pouring Emma out of the plastic cup onto his blanket.
I love that effect. Wonder how they pulled it off.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:46 pm

Another sizey BTS

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:12 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Hey Eddie, I thought you might like to help her in that big scene you mention!
And there's nothing AI going on here! :D

(let me know if you want the uncensored version)

sally g, reincarnated.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:27 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:12 pm
eddiegiantman wrote:

Thanks Sally, I rather just grab her lol. This will do lol.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:00 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:27 pm
Little Sally wrote:
eddiegiantman wrote:

Lol! Well what's stopping you.

Or have you forgotten how to do handhelds? :lol:
sally g, reincarnated.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:13 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:00 pm
eddiegiantman wrote:
Little Sally wrote:

Hmmmmmm...maybe I test that out lol. Also need a good setting.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:06 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:13 pm
Little Sally wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:00 pm
eddiegiantman wrote:

Hmmmmmm...maybe I test that out lol. Also need a good setting.
I could do a handheld for you with a setting of your choice, but I think you'd have fun if you do one yourself.
And if you ask nicely, I might let you have her png! ;)
sally g, reincarnated.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:54 am

b&a: How was the sex scene with Emma filmed? In the end, it’s just so horrific even as a sex scene, but it’s just treated so normally, in The Boys kind of way.

Karen Heston: Lizze Broadway did such a crazy take on that–instead of being horrified herself, she kind of goes the opposite way. A lot of her acting and what she chose to do in that scene really helped sell it for us because you’re focusing on that. That was really cool to see her take on it, of her normalizing it and being like, ‘Oh, this is another day and what I’ve decided to do for my choices in life’. That leans into The Boys VCU take on it as well where it is just another odd day in the life of the VCU.

From a VFX standpoint, we really leaned in and worked with the special effects team. They did an amazing job creating various bucks, including a giant penis that Lizzie could interact with. We were able to get all of those real shadows, the size and relationship of what that would look like, some of the indentation and kind of deformation that would happen with an actual penis. VFX-wise, that interaction was key. Having that giant of a penis and doing that live for her as well is amazing and way better than just having some blue form or green form that you interact with. We could get a lot of that actor interaction from the get-go that we could put into our eventual CG penis.

Pixomondo was our vendor that worked on that scene and they really took it home and did an amazing job. We worked closely with Pixomondo to get that realistic penis look. It was definitely a lot of fun phone calls with that as far as critiquing the look.
Just one more post unless we hear about Emma deleted scenes or outtakes.

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:31 am

Always love BTS stuff, always appreciate it....but:

"In the end, it’s just so horrific even as a sex scene, but it’s just treated so normally, in The Boys kind of way."

I get the notion that a Jumbo-Johnson is going to be off-putting for anyone, especially if it's bigger than you....still hurts to hear them say it like that.