Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
Tinkerbell’s Bf
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Post by Tinkerbell’s Bf » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:02 am

I’m in love with her already 😍

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:13 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:40 pm
So, in wikipedia and a few other sources, Emma Meyer is really described as "a half-inch sized Supe with the ability to grow to regular size". So being tiny is her natural size... I guess? Doesn't make sense, but we'll see.

At a glance, it seems like Godolkin student Emma Meyer possesses the ability to shrink, similar to the ill-fated Termite from the first episode of season three of The Boys (if you know, you know).

That’s not quite the case, though; Emma’s actual power is the ability to grow as big as a regular-sized person, meaning her half-inch-tall form is her true, unpowered state of being.

It’s a cheeky way to lampoon the sizeshifting power trope, and will no doubt be the source of a gag or two in Gen V, but it will still make Emma a cut above the rest when it comes to espionage and surprise attacks.
As much as I can appreciate the novelty, I'm worried this may mean she was just born small and she didn't have a surprise shrinking spurt at some point earlier in life. Still looking forward to this, but it kinda dulls the drama a bit for me.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:14 am

rscholar wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:13 am
foreverlurk wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:40 pm
So, in wikipedia and a few other sources, Emma Meyer is really described as "a half-inch sized Supe with the ability to grow to regular size". So being tiny is her natural size... I guess? Doesn't make sense, but we'll see.

At a glance, it seems like Godolkin student Emma Meyer possesses the ability to shrink, similar to the ill-fated Termite from the first episode of season three of The Boys (if you know, you know).

That’s not quite the case, though; Emma’s actual power is the ability to grow as big as a regular-sized person, meaning her half-inch-tall form is her true, unpowered state of being.

It’s a cheeky way to lampoon the sizeshifting power trope, and will no doubt be the source of a gag or two in Gen V, but it will still make Emma a cut above the rest when it comes to espionage and surprise attacks.
As much as I can appreciate the novelty, I'm worried this may mean she was just born small and she didn't have a surprise shrinking spurt at some point earlier in life. Still looking forward to this, but it kinda dulls the drama a bit for me.
I don't think we will see her naked but there might be a slick out of clothes sequence.

But yeah, she's a winner. Love the little things.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:48 am

If you have Prime, you might have a chance to see the first 2 episodes in a theater on 27 September. You have to sign up a week early and then show up at your local theater at least 45 minutes beforehand. Last time I went to one of these, they also handed out free popcorn and drinks. The only catch is you need to have a Prime membership. Here's the site: https://www.primepremiere.amazon/coming-soon/

Sadly they are extremely strict about video piracy during these events so there will be no way to get clips, but if I manage to get into the screening, I'll post a review.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:59 pm

Tinkerbell’s Bf
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tinkerbell’s Bf » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:13 pm

She’s almost here guys!!

Any moments on this wish list for this one???

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrinky » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:17 pm

At this point I know better than to have any expectations.

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:41 pm

Aside from a decent scene of her shrinking, which can be tastefully done even if it's out of her clothes, I think it'd be neat for there to be a "real" Youtube channel with her in like 30-60 sec skits.

I'm somewhat hopeful about the latter because:

A) It has a title: "Fun Size with Little Cricket" (co-staring her pet gerbil named....David Caruso).

B) The studio seems to be branching out with advertising and world-building - they've launched a website for the school with an orientation video and campus tour which will supposedly change as the series goes on, likely reflecting the crisis in the plot as it unfolds. The writers are also supposedly onboard for more seasons and cross-over with The Boys proper (all great assuming Emma, y'know, survives all this).

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/gen ... RAF5DEaiTQ

https://www.godolkinuniversity.com/discover/

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:17 pm

I can see those happening but we will see if they were recorded before the strikes.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:51 am

I got tickets for the Prime premiere in theaters of the first 2 episodes next Wednesday night. Unless something stops me from going, I should have a review up before the TV premiere, so stay tuned for that.

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrinky » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:54 am

I signed up for alerts, but there are no theaters in my area!

foreverlurk
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:05 pm

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:51 am
I got tickets for the Prime premiere in theaters of the first 2 episodes next Wednesday night. Unless something stops me from going, I should have a review up before the TV premiere, so stay tuned for that.
Amazing - can't wait to read your review!

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:23 am

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:51 am
Glad to see Min's reviews come back for this, it was one of my favorite things back the site days. It was almost a database.

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:44 pm

Reviews are coming out. Don't know if I should find anything with spoilers, but I came across this one:

https://www.thewrap.com/gen-v-review-th ... 0got%20out.

"Marie’s roommate is sweet, slightly addled Emma Meyer (Lizze Broadway, “Ghosted”). Her “Fun-Size Little Cricket” YouTube channel documents the misadventures of someone who can shrink to three-inches high. It’s not a hit, but might be if her mortifying method of getting small got out. Emma has the ickiest sexual and heroic encounters too, but somehow remains the show’s cheeriest and funniest character."

Holy shit you guys.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:53 pm

That is incredibly hot but JFC how small is she? Her size changes in every article!

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:00 pm

Tonight is the theater premiere too and Min is seeing the first 2 episodes I think?

MollySmalls
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by MollySmalls » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:26 pm

Reviews about Emma from various sources -

Variety Magazine "Marie’s roommate, Emma (Lizze Broadway), is closely monitored by her momager, who wants to use Emma’s ability to shrink herself as a means to fame and fortune."

GamesRadar - "After a muddled first episode, we head straight into Herogasm territory. Dicks explode, ear drums are broken, sex scenes are weird, puppets get violent, blood is everywhere, and there's also a gruesome self-immolation scene that rivals Hereditary. In between the moments of absurdity, we start to see that being turned into a supe at birth isn't all that it's cracked up to be."

This actually sounds REALLY promising. With the possibility of Emma's mom being strict while Emma is shrunken....

Looking forward to Minimizer's review!

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:37 pm

Wait.
It can't be that she shrinks when she climaxes, right? That's not what they're suggesting?
So I'm calling it now... either she ends up crushing some dude's dick during sex or she will meet her end while having sex.
So I guess the question is does she shrink all at once or is it a gradual (but rapid) thing? And how does she grow back? Is it time? Does she have to have another climax? Does she shrink an undetermined amount each climax which is why she is listed as 20 different sized?

Like, I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm not sure how else to interpret some of these reviews...

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:48 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:37 pm
Wait.
It can't be that she shrinks when she climaxes, right? That's not what they're suggesting?
So I'm calling it now... either she ends up crushing some dude's dick during sex or she will meet her end while having sex.
I can't find where exactly I read, but Emma supposedly has an eating disorder and her powers seemingly connect to that. So her character is going to be an overworked traumatized burnout starlet being used by her mother. The shrinking angle's really starting to make more sense.

I don't know anything else about the supposed sexual activities, but I'm pretty sure the "exploding penis" was in the trailer and caused by the main bloodbender girl.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:06 pm

That's interesting... it almost makes her sound like she could be the most fleshed out character in the Boys universe.

Reading a host of articles it's dawned on me most of them are assembled using pre-approved paragraphs which were likely sent out in a press kit... I don't know why that surprised me. Journalism has been dead for ages.

That said, most newer promotional materials which appeared in the last 48 hours seems to show her normal sized and even mentions she can shrink to "three inches or smaller". Maybe her height fluctuates some how? Food inntake? Farts? Bulimia? (please don't let this he ruined by farts and vomiting).
What mortifying way of shrinking could be tied to an eating disorder?

scidram
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by scidram » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:55 pm

"It’s impossible not to fall in love with Lizzie Broadway as Marie’s quirky and compassionate roommate Emma who can shrink and grow on command – the perkier Enid to Marie’s Wednesday." (IGN Review)

She's cute and she shrinks. Already in love with her.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:31 am

Okay, I'm back from the premiere.

Every single person on this site needs to watch it. It's everything you hoped for. There is a scene every one of us has imagined in some form or another and they ACTUALLY SHOW IT ON SCREEN! I couldn't believe it, still don't believe it...

Anyway. Spoiler free comments first...

The would-be supes who attend Godolkin U spend a lot of time working on their image. Emma (Little Cricket) is no different. She has her own social media channel with over a million followers. Although we only see a very brief hint of it, she basically shows herself interacting with normal size things while tiny. You can see this in the promos where she is boxing with a hamster, so I'm not really spoiling anything with this info. The hamster scene is early on in the first episode and only lasts a few moments (actually it feels kind of abrupt).

There was some speculation that maybe Emma was naturally tiny and has to grow as her power, but this is incorrect. She is normal most of the time. Her method of shrinking herself is......well...not pleasant. I'll leave it up to you to speculate but if you really want to know, you can click the spoiler button.
SpoilerShow
She has to "cleanse" herself to get small, so basically she goes to the toilet and pukes repeatedly and gets smaller in the process. We do see her at about half size next to the toilet, and then in episode 2, there is another scene of her at the toilet where she actually visibly shrinks, but it's extremely brief.
Emma is super cute and I spent most of the two episode special premiere waiting anxiously for her every appearance. The way they are working character development makes it look like she is not going to be a cast off character like some of us feared, but then this is a "The Boys" show, so who knows what the future holds. However there are plenty of scenes from the promos that did not appear in either of the first two episodes so we can expect more of her this season at least.

Now on to the spoiler stuff, and I'm going to reveal everything so don't click if you don't want to see it. You have been warned.

Episode One show Emma tiny only briefly at the start, like I said. Then...get ready for this...
SpoilerShow
...she meets a guy who is a big fan of her videos. They hit it off and go back to her dorm to make out. During foreplay he tells her he's had fantasies about her for a while and would love it if she could get small for him. So she goes off to do just that, taking off her clothes as she does so because they don't shrink with her. We see a brief moment of her at half size during this process, then the scene cuts away to something else. When we return to Emma, she is...and I swear I am not making this up...she is about two inches high and riding his cock. He asks if it's the biggest she's ever seen and she gives a great answer. Then he asks her to say something else, and she does, which makes him stiffen, and she slides down onto his balls.

YES THIS REALLY HAPPENS ON SCREEN!
After episode one, episode two...
SpoilerShow
...is a bit of a letdown because we only see one brief scene near the end of the episode, but Emma is visible from behind (naked, but we only see her from about the waist up) and you actually see her shrink. It's not much but it's pretty well done.

Her subplot from this episode deals with her revealing exactly how she shrinks, which I explained on another spoiler earlier. This has been a secret all her life, but after she tells it to someone else in confidence, word gets out and she is devastated. The shrinking scene I mentioned earlier happens after that, and I was hoping we would see her tiny later on, but nada. Maybe that happens in episode three, but we'll have to wait a while for that, I guess.
TLDR version...we see a lot of Emma at normal size and only a few scattered scenes with tiny Emma, but one of those scenes, while very brief, is literally the best mainstream SW you have ever seen. Don't miss it!

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:50 am

foreverlurk, get that screen capture ready.

How many stars would this be so far Min?

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:15 am

Oh man that's incredible. I hope we get a scene where she gets grosses out while tiny and shrinks uncontrollably...
Wish it wasn't puking that shrinking her but what are you gonna do. Maybe other releases pf bodily fluids work? Like girl squirts?

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:16 am

Stars...hmm...is it possible to give more than five? I mean, seriously, unless we had an entire show about a size changing superheroine, I can't see how it would be any better.

Also, in the first two episodes, we are not told or shown how she grows back to normal. Perhaps she has to eat a lot? Who knows.