SW in the news.

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

SW in the news.

Post by Prof Sai » Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 am

https://apple.news/AaQ4J-GCmQ7K0BTUByPRzNQ

So now we have the reason why we need contagious adult onset dwarfism.

lurkerk
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Re: SW in the news.

Post by lurkerk » Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 am

Please don't conflate these fat/stocky potato faces with sw just because they're short???

If dwarfism is your kink that's ok, but it's NOT sw. Maybe put this in some dwarfism kink forum

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Sat May 04, 2024 4:49 am

lurkerk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 am
Please don't conflate these fat/stocky potato faces with sw just because they're short???

If dwarfism is your kink that's ok, but it's NOT sw. Maybe put this in some dwarfism kink forum
Please don't insult random people for their genetics.

Also try to also read the text, then switch your brain on and try to understand what you read.

(and please make sure it never is in the off position when you write anything)
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

Torper8
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Torper8 » Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

It's crazy that people still have to be talked to like little kids, in a SW forum of all places.
You have to say something really stupid to bring out the mods.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sat May 04, 2024 12:03 pm

Torper8 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am
It's crazy that people still have to be talked to like little kids, in a SW forum of all places.
You have to say something really stupid to bring out the mods.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You must not have a Facebook account. Just reading people's responses to other people's posts makes me doubt whether there really is intelligent life on this planet or if it's just reading comprehension is no longer taught in school.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sat May 04, 2024 1:53 pm

Elana wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:49 am
lurkerk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 am

Please don't insult random people for their genetics.

Also try to also read the text, then switch your brain on and try to understand what you read.

(and please make sure it never is in the off position when you write anything)
It's worth clicking on the link (though I don't suppose the trollster bothered to)

It's quite interesting and informative.
sally g, reincarnated.

lurkerk
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by lurkerk » Sun May 05, 2024 3:01 am

I just tell it like it is. I'm not wrong

Again, if dwarfism is your kink that's ok, but it's NOT sw

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sun May 05, 2024 3:49 am

You just don't have any imagination and can't see potential.

You are missing the point if you just look at the photo and observe that those specific people are not attractive. The text gives a real-life excuse to shrink people, and suggests that it is maybe possible. It is a story seed.

Who are you?
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Who are you? » Sun May 05, 2024 7:59 am

lurkerk wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 3:01 am
I just tell it like it is. I'm not wrong

Again, if dwarfism is your kink that's ok, but it's NOT sw
If someone claims that they say how it is and that they are right, they are making a mistake and assuming that their opinion is the only truth.
You didn't read the article and were repulsed by the photo and had to start barking. This is the second time in over a month that you've had to put your two cents in on something you don't want to understand and twice you've gotten your nose smacked.
You should stick to your core competence of lurking around and stop explaining THE TRUTH (from your point of view).

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Sun May 05, 2024 3:31 pm

DocRick wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:03 pm
... makes me doubt whether there really is intelligent life on this planet ...
Oh there is intelligent life on this planet.

I read only recently an article about lab mice conducting their own experiments.
And it seemingly most of the so called mistakes the mice made in the experiments the humans were conducting were done on purpose as the mice were just messing with the scientists.
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

HHunter1
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by HHunter1 » Sun May 05, 2024 8:10 pm

🙂This is probably a mistake but here goes,

lurkerk is technically right, Dwarfism isn't sw. Though by that logic neither are Fairies, Borrowers, and Lilliputians.

They have a right to say what they said and feel how they feel as long as their not causing any real harm. Our inferring of the tone of their post as hostile while upsetting isn't real harm. I would suggest a less harsh wording to them if that wasn't how we were supposed to take what they said as bitter. Also as silly as this might seem, an emoji does wonders on clarifying tone on a forum like this. If was supposed to be a friendly observation a simple 🙂 may have helped.

I don't think lurkerk was trying to troll as much as they simply stated an opinion. And we can disagree with that opinion. But insulting them just because you disagree is a tad much on what is supposed to be a cooperative forum.

Prof Sai,

Thanks for the concept seed. I haven't read the article but the idea of tiny people living longer then full sized people could make for an interesting story concept.

I really hope everyone has a good day,
HH1

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Mon May 06, 2024 3:59 pm

It's fine for Lurkerk to not like something, or not understand where I was going with an idea.

It is not fine for Lurkerk to project his dumb assumption onto other people, rather than make a good faith attempt at understanding what is going on. You aren't "telling it like it is", you are making up dumb insults that are demonstrably wrong if you'd just look.

What if I took what you posted in the other thread and insisted that you were turned on by apes? That would be what you are doing.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon May 06, 2024 7:00 pm

Prof Sai wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:59 pm
It's fine for Lurkerk to not like something, or not understand where I was going with an idea.
So ok, can I just make a friendly observation, and I'm not defending the way Lurkerk responded to your initial post.

If indeed what you posted was intended as a 'story seed', then I think it might have been helpful if you'd actually said that in plain language when you posted it. I mean, it didn't occur to me that was the idea when I first looked at it, and I'm guessing it was probably the same for Lurkerk.

Ok, I might be a bit dense and not have understood your intentions, but I think if you'd been a bit less 'cryptic' and explained what it was supposed to mean, that might have helped prevent the dramas.
sally g, reincarnated.

foreverlurk
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon May 06, 2024 7:38 pm

This person has no empathy, as they have proved again and again. I don't know why you're trying to defend someone saying such horrible things, either on the death of someone, and now on persons with dwarfism, all because of a blind rage of "IT'S NOT SW!!!". Since they show no intention of backing down or changing, I recommend not wasting your time on any thread they interact and just move on.