[Suggestion] Add dark mode

If you have difficulties with one of the board functions, this is the place to talk about it.
And if you are lucky someone can help you too ;)
foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

[Suggestion] Add dark mode

Post by foreverlurk » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:51 am

Hello there!

Just wondering if it would be possible to add a Dark Mode setting to the board :
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/darkmode

I don't know which version of phpBB this board runs, but 3.2.x is supported. Not a life changer, but would make it easier on the eyes.

Thanks.

Tags:

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Add dark mode

Post by Elana » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:58 pm

I have to admit I never cared much about darkmode as it really only matters if you use a lousy screen(I count phone screens as lousy by size alone)

But even if I should find myself to be too lazy to actually look into this, we already have styles that you can pick in the user settings.

And I think "pycode" was already a pretty dark style that might suffice for the time being.
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:10 pm

Elana wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:58 pm
I have to admit I never cared much about darkmode as it really only matters if you use a lousy screen(I count phone screens as lousy by size alone)

But even if I should find myself to be too lazy to actually look into this, we already have styles that you can pick in the user settings.

And I think "pycode" was already a pretty dark style that might suffice for the time being.
Of course I tried almost all styles but that one. Thanks, it'll do!

Dark mode is just easier for my eyes overall. As for lousy screens, not always true - I have an ultrawide OLED HDR panel, so I try to limit bright pixel exposure to prevent burn-in.

WhoIsOutOfOrder
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by WhoIsOutOfOrder » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:53 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:10 pm
Elana wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:58 pm

Of course I tried almost all styles but that one. Thanks, it'll do!

Dark mode is just easier for my eyes overall. As for lousy screens, not always true - I have an ultrawide OLED HDR panel, so I try to limit bright pixel exposure to prevent burn-in.
You could also use a browser add-on, for every browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) there are dozens of dark mode extensions that darken the forum.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:18 pm

WhoIsOutOfOrder wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:53 am
You could also use a browser add-on, for every browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) there are dozens of dark mode extensions that darken the forum.
Thanks, I know about those plugins, they try their best but will never be as good as a native solution. I used one in the past but since dark mode is almost everywhere now, so they're not as required. The style Elana suggested fits my needs for the time being.