The board to share all your fiction
i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Buy One Get Two Free

Post by i am insane » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:48 pm

littlest-lily wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:05 pm
Here's the thing about Ian that I find particularly terrifying, being in any of the Min's places... So much of what sets him off isn't necessarily how they're behaving, but how they're feeling. Their behavior could be perfect, but if he perceives something that they're thinking that's not to his liking, they could still be screwed. And as far as we can tell, yes he's oftentimes right, but he's still making a lot of assumptions. And regardless of him being right, they can't help their feelings! That would seeeeriously mess with someone's mind.

Also, I like the term Giant's Allure! I could see how that would come into play.
To be somewhat fair to Ian, for men a lot of sexual prowess seems to be derived as much, if not more, from pleasuring the woman than being pleasured themselves, so honestly it is kind of an issue for a man. There's a lot of expectations about it, and it's probably something of a nightmare scenario for a lot of guys to imagine a woman laughing at you after sex. This also proves, though, that even in his own internal narrative he's not being honest though, so...

And now, to be viciously less fair, plenty of time in stories SWs are so sensitive that a good message, along with atmosphere, does have something like that happen. Min sensitivity is literally a biological thing here, so... there's a non-zero chance he let his issues play himself. :lol:

But yeah, if the Mins were to take a poll on the things about Ian they like the least, right after 'may actually kill someone' would be the whole, 'Mood flips on a dime', thing for sure.

Honestly, in a lot of stories you'll see something to effect of the big person's voice sounding like thunder or whatever, and the little woman instinctively obeying it. It's just that, in setting, shrinking is this thing that's happening and is actively being studied, so yeah, there's totally a name for it here.
Power is choice.

AB23
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by AB23 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:50 pm

I hope this comes back one day. Was a great thriller.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:06 pm

i am insane wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:48 pm

To be somewhat fair to Ian, for men a lot of sexual prowess seems to be derived as much, if not more, from pleasuring the woman than being pleasured themselves, so honestly it is kind of an issue for a man. There's a lot of expectations about it, and it's probably something of a nightmare scenario for a lot of guys to imagine a woman laughing at you after sex. This also proves, though, that even in his own internal narrative he's not being honest though, so...

True, but hysterical giggling once they catch their breath is considered a good sign.