New Minami-kun no koibito series

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
Nekotermal
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

New Minami-kun no koibito series

Post by Nekotermal » Sun May 26, 2024 1:38 pm

After 10 years, finally the Minami-kun no Koibito series is back again, but it's a shame that the series changed from Chiyomi who was shrunk to Minami and even the title changed. I think this is a bit too much, I don't have a problem with the characters or other problems but the main highlight is that they changed the structure of the story and I think it's a bit disrespectful to the author by changing what the author has created. I don't have too many hopes for this drama but hopefully they still provide a little shrinking spice for Chiyomi.

This drama will be broadcast in July so we will wait to see how this series goes, whether it is better than its predecessor or a flop.

Link to the news https://twitter.com/oricon/status/17937 ... 59255?s=19

チャッキーベル

Re: 新みなみくんの恋人シリーズ

Post by チャッキーベル » Sun May 26, 2024 2:41 pm

Unfortunately, SW is not very popular in Japan.
Also, every time SW comes out, there are a lot of people who criticize it because it's not a GTS.

earthquakeglue
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Re: New Minami-kun no koibito series

Post by earthquakeglue » Sun May 26, 2024 3:16 pm

Bummer to hear. Well, it's been a while since I've watched the 2004 and 2015 shows. Guess I can go and have another watch again

Bloodthirstybutcher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bloodthirstybutcher » Sun May 26, 2024 9:40 pm

"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people, Jeremy."

-Super Hans, Peep Show

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Mon May 27, 2024 5:03 am

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"
I make SW 2D hand-drawn animations, manga and comics (F/f) :-D, please check them out on my Gumroad: https://swanims.gumroad.com

foreverlurk
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by foreverlurk » Wed May 29, 2024 4:36 am

I made the mistake of ranting about this on Giantess City, about respecting the author's intent with such an iconic SW as Chiyumi. I wasn't even that mad, more like, fine you win again guys take all our SW, but still got some pretty idiotic comment. I don't even know why I go on this forum, twenty years and nothing has changed.

Imagine how they would collectively throw a hissy fit if the incoming remake of Incredible Shrinking Man turned out gender-swapped, or Tim Burton's Attack of the 50' Woman became the 5" woman instead. They would be rightfully pissed off. They don't even realise they have the vast majority of mainstream content.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Wed May 29, 2024 5:13 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 4:36 am

I made the mistake of ranting about this on Giantess City, about respecting the author's intent with such an iconic SW as Chiyumi. I wasn't even that mad, more like, fine you win again guys take all our SW, but still got some pretty idiotic comment. I don't even know why I go on this forum, twenty years and nothing has changed.

Imagine how they would collectively throw a hissy fit if the incoming remake of Incredible Shrinking Man turned out gender-swapped, or Tim Burton's Attack of the 50' Woman became the 5" woman instead. They would be rightfully pissed off. They don't even realise they have the vast majority of mainstream content.
To be fair, it's Giantess City. It used to be cool until the toxic freaks, most likely from Twitter and curren-year DeviantArt, showed up and ruined the whole site. That's why I stopped commenting on there ever since they got at me over Captain Marvel. Though, it might be fine time I'd consider leaving the site completely like how I did with Process-Productions. There's not much good going on there, and I rarely find any SW handhelds there through the manga/anime threads, animation threads, and Western comic threads. Live action and SW threads, I didn't even bother anymore. They're both crap now, except for a bunch of Asian and Thai shows here and there. And the people posting on there are nasty and toxic AF. Hell, it's even because of them that we don't see Zoom Zoom anymore.
So I wouldn't worry about them and that site anymore.

Sure, SW and DiD are beginning to fade away ever since the DEI Karens and grifters like Anita Sarkeesian showed up, but we're not gonna give up; and I'm sure companies in Japan won't get rid of that either. We'll keep on spreading our love SW and DiD no matter what. And if companies won't do that, we can do it ourselves or keep buying commissions from other talents that likes the stuff as much as we do. Jesse Jr still has his own studio and still marketing on that, and he's been getting praise since Day 1. Even after showing us his clips, his ads, and the movies he's working on. So there's still hope for us yet.

ROGU3_20
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ROGU3_20 » Wed May 29, 2024 6:45 am

ah so this is essentially just Oyayubihime but less yandere.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Wed May 29, 2024 5:26 pm

kira123 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 5:13 am

Sure, SW and DiD are beginning to fade away ever since the DEI Karens and grifters like Anita Sarkeesian showed up, but we're not gonna give up; and I'm sure companies in Japan won't get rid of that either.
I wouldn't go that far but it seems like they are twisting things and trying to be different since the 2015 one is available to stream and that might have been a factor, the effects also still hold up so I think the creators were trying to be different.

That being said, it is kinda concerning people are using MeToo is getting pushed both ways. We just wanted better writing for tiny characters.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Wed May 29, 2024 10:53 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 5:26 pm
kira123 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 5:13 am

Sure, SW and DiD are beginning to fade away ever since the DEI Karens and grifters like Anita Sarkeesian showed up, but we're not gonna give up; and I'm sure companies in Japan won't get rid of that either.
I wouldn't go that far but it seems like they are twisting things and trying to be different since the 2015 one is available to stream and that might have been a factor, the effects also still hold up so I think the creators were trying to be different.

That being said, it is kinda concerning people are using MeToo is getting pushed both ways. We just wanted better writing for tiny characters.
Or just better written characters in general.