Good etiquette (create a thread, not chaos!)

Post your pictures of shrunken or otherwise tiny women in here
Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Good etiquette (create a thread, not chaos!)

Post by Little Sally » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:40 pm

I hope this will be taken in the right spirit, but I've noticed an issue developing with new members in particular.

If you are posting a lot of work in succesive individual posts it tends to swamp the page and drive other posts to the bottom, and often off the first page altogether (where there is less likelihood for it to be noticed).

So what I would suggest, is that members who have a succession of work in the pipeline is to create a thread for it, which will save space on the page and provide more room for others that want to post art. It doesn't mean your art will have less chance to be seen (in fact quite the opposite), because your thread will rise to the top of the pile with each addition you make to it (in the same way a reply to a thread causes it to rise).

I follow this practice myself and it's never affected my viewing figures (you can check that), plus it's just simply good etiquette as well.

Ps. If you check out the "Rules" sticky above this subforum, you'll find that advice was given to members regarding the same sort of thing on the SW Stories subforum, where some members were posting individual chapters of their stories as stand alone posts. This clearly upset people and needed addressing, and that particular issue seems to have been resolved.
Last edited by Little Sally on Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sally g, reincarnated.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: Art posting etiquette.

Post by Prof Sai » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:45 pm

I agree. Posting threads like this also has the advantage: If a new members likes your new work, they can also easily find your older things.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:10 am

Prof Sai wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:45 pm
I agree. Posting threads like this also has the advantage: If a new member likes your new work, they can also easily find your older things.
Exactly! Cheers Sai, and I think you need to re-establish that "Some Sai stuff sorted sortof" thread again! :)
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:48 am

That's my bad. I just realized today that I was doing just that.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:00 am

It wasn't supposed to be a story, just a single post, but like the "Star Wars Saga" it took on a life of its own. I wrote the first and last chapters and now working on filling it the rest of the story. I moved Mini Vet Tech #2, #3 and #4 to the original post, so if you wish, you can delete post #2, #3 and #4. I don't think I can do it from my side of the keyboard.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:12 am

Never mind, I figured out how to do it myself.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:10 am

DocRick wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:00 am
It wasn't supposed to be a story, just a single post, but like the "Star Wars Saga" it took on a life of its own. I wrote the first and last chapters and now working on filling it the rest of the story. I moved Mini Vet Tech #2, #3 and #4 to the original post, so if you wish, you can delete post #2, #3 and #4. I don't think I can do it from my side of the keyboard.
Hi DocRick, well done, I see you managed to create a thread for your Mini Vet Tech and it works well. And no, I'm nothing to do with admin so I can't help you rearrange or delete things.

However, what you really need to do (I suggest) is to create a thread for all your other art, and give it a title (DocRick Art maybe? Or anything else that appeals to you). You have to date posted no less than SEVENTEEN indivudual artworks, in a little over two weeks and including one today! (Feb 24th-10th March). So having them all in one thread would be very helpful, and beneficial to you as well.

Btw, this suggestion isn't aimed at you specifically, although you have been the most prolific of late. There are others who make lots of individual posts at various intervals (and they all know who they are), and they'd benefit us all if they chose to create their own threads.

Cheers, and thank you! :)
sally g, reincarnated.