Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Doc's World

Post by Little Sally » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:43 am

DocRick wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:55 am
Little Sally wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:11 pm
Well done on featuring this classic theme Doc. That first pic especially works very well (I think you're improving!).

I only caught the reruns they did in later years, but even so I found it fascinating and got hooked on it. But yes it was a thing of its time and lacked the sophisticated effects we have available today, and it's been said many times it would be great if they could remake it. Saying that, we'd probably have the heroines wearing jump suits and toting automatic rifles and carrying stun grenades, just to even up the score. The poor giants would have no chance giving the little wimmin a cuddle nowadays! :D
Thanks, Sally. It's hard to find good quality photographs of the show due to it being a long time ago, but the first original picture was much better quality than the stock I used in the other two. It was made at a time when space travel was new and exciting and everything made in films and television showed it as clean and metallic. "Lost in Space" and the "Star Trek" original series were also filmed like that, unlike the darker movies of the same name that came later. Even the first "Star Wars" was still following that principle. The heroes in LOTG weren't adventurers, military or explorers, but what we would call today "airline passengers" so no weaponry would have been on the aircraft, which I feel was a good idea on the part of the writers and producers.
Yes, I know the scenario of LOTG well enough, and that it was a civilian flight (I was being mischievous). Thing is though, you can bet they wouldn't have the girls playing eye candy like they did back then in a remake, or at least unlikely they'd be wearing 60s mini skirts. :D

Certainly agree about the way space travel adventures were portrayed then, which I guess they envisaged would be ultra scientific and clean cut. But it was fun in the way they paid homage to the fashions of the time (as worn by the female members of the Enterprise crew).

Also agree about the problem finding hi-res imagery of the LOTG series, and the shot you used of Valerie and Betty kneeling is one of the better ones available. Kudos for that.

I had to search for a nice clear image of Valerie's face to create my own version of her in this piece: https://sta.sh/0tzuokrqxvc
sally g, reincarnated.

Tags:

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:08 pm

Beautiful rendition. My interpretation of it is it's from a documentary "The Making of Land of the Giants", a picture taken during the filming of the show, but in this world, they used actual little people actors, not green screens and such.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:43 pm

Staying on the same line for a while......

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:11 pm

DocRick wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:08 pm
Beautiful rendition. My interpretation of it is it's from a documentary "The Making of Land of the Giants", a picture taken during the filming of the show, but in this world, they used actual little people actors, not green screens and such.
Thanks, yes I was trying for a behind the scenes or on the set kind of feel to it, and I think your idea they actually shrink the actors down to size is an excellent take on it.

Your latest creation (above) is nice too. Her expression and angle of shot suits it well. She has that look of acceptance that she's trapped and can't escape, and anxiously hoping that he'll treat her gently (I mean, who could possibly want to mistreat a helpless woman of that size anyway, but she wouldn't know that of course).

Question: Are you using your own hand in this one?

Another thing I did using the LOTG girls. I must try to find more imagery of the series when time allows. https://sta.sh/02e16bwlgq2g
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:59 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:11 pm
DocRick wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:08 pm
Thanks, yes I was trying for a behind the scenes or on the set kind of feel to it, and I think your idea they actually shrink the actors down to size is an excellent take on it.

Your latest creation (above) is nice too. Her expression and angle of shot suits it well. She has that look of acceptance that she's trapped and can't escape, and anxiously hoping that he'll treat her gently (I mean, who could possibly want to mistreat a helpless woman of that size anyway, but she wouldn't know that of course).

Question: Are you using your own hand in this one?

Another thing I did using the LOTG girls. I must try to find more imagery of the series when time allows. https://sta.sh/02e16bwlgq2g
No, that's not my hand, just a picture I found on Bing. I think it was a medical site and that guy has some kind of weird skin condition. I hope Valerie doesn't catch it !!!!!

I kind of liked this one too. Like I said before, I have a vivid, sometimes dark imagination. I'll find a picture of a lady or a hand and plant it in my mind, close my eyes and build a picture around it. Then search the web for the rest of what I need to complete the image that was in my mind.

I saw your picture earlier today when I was searching for LOTG images and it popped up, both the original and your reboot. Nice.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:27 pm

Inspector Kobick gets rough with Valerie to get her to talk......or he just likes to get rough with little women. I think he just likes his job too much.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:17 pm

An alternate ending of the Land of the Giants series was made but never released. A guy finds the Spindrift in the woods, stuffs it in a duffle bag and takes it home, where he finds the 7 travelers inside. He first considers collecting the reward, but as his luck would have it, he's a fugitive from the Security Police himself. So he makes a deal with the travelers. He would get them all the materials they need to repair the Spindrift and he will transport them all to a safe location to take off when they're ready. What does he get for his troubles? A little alone time with Valerie.......

Why was this ending never broadcast? Hey, this was the 1960's. Sex on television at that time consisted of passionate kissing (fully clothed), then lying in bed smoking a cigarette with the sheets pulled up to your chin !!!!!

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:44 pm

I can't see the chap having much of a jolly with Valerie at that size Doc!

Give the relationship a chance by making her Barbie size. :D
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:00 am

Little Sally wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:44 pm

It just takes a little imagination. 8-)

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:01 am

DocRick wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:00 am
Little Sally wrote:

Some chip dip helps too. :o

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:05 am

DocRick wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:01 am
DocRick wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:00 am
Little Sally wrote:

Some chip dip helps too. :o
Whatever that Americanism means to you, it's lost on me. :D

But the best of good luck with it! :lol:
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:25 am

I feel like I'm neglecting Betty Hamilton in my LOTG series here. In my humble opinion, Heather Young played a much more believable character than Valarie and she was darn nice looking at well. But I guess she has to learn to be more alert to her "6"......

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:10 am

Rachel was an investigative reporter for the National Register. She had heard rumors of Professor Thorton's work with miniaturization, and she wanted to blow the cover off the story. She got a job there as a lab assistant and waited until Christmas Eve to make her move as she knew no one would be in the building until after New Year's Day. First, as she knew the professor was an animal lover, she snuck a stray cat into the building and turned it loose. Since no one could catch it and the professor forbade anyone to harm it, they would have to turn off the internal motion detectors as the cat would keep triggering them. Professor Thorton even had bowls of cat food and water placed around the building so the cat wouldn't get hungry. Then, she asked to leave early on Christmas Eve, but instead of leaving the building, she hid in a janitor's closet until everyone else had left for the holidays. She snooped around his office, his lab and found a room with a hidden entrance which had a variety of sci-fi looking gizmos and gadgets. She stepped on a metal platform to get a higher vantage point and a bright flash of light and a loud crackling static left her dazed and confused for several minutes. When she regained her senses, she realized she had activated the material miniaturization devise and was now about five inches tall !!!

On January 2nd, the professor came back to work and wondered why his new lab assistant wasn't there. Sitting at his desk, he heard a slight scratching sound from under a cabinet and thinking it was the cat, he looked under it and found Rachel.....tiny, filthy and half mad with hunger, thirst and fear. You see, the good doctor had a boobytrap in the lab to prevent unauthorized persons from seeing his work. Rachel had set it off when she stepped on the metal platform. After a week of scavenging for crumbs of food and hiding from that damn cat, when the professor reached under the cabinet, Rachel latched onto his finger as if to never let go. Unfortunately for Rachel, the material restoring devise has not been perfected so she is going to be an unwilling guest at the Thorton residence for some time to come.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:00 pm

Betrayed by a manipulative giantess, Valerie is turned in to Inspector Kubrik for the reward money.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:30 pm

These two can't go anywhere without getting into trouble........

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:22 pm

Two of Professor Thorton's Microbiophisiology students, Haley and Krista, decided to ignore his "No Trespassing" signs and sneak onto his estate to skinny dip in his pool He had said he was to be out of town for Spring Break, but what they didn't know was that his son, Michael Percy Thorton, was home from college himself and staying at the estate alone. He had set the material minimizer devise at "slow shrink" when he activated it as they were leaving the pool enclosure. The girls felt a lingering tingling sensation and as they became smaller and the grass taller, they didn't realize what was happening. Haley said she thought they had gone the wrong way as she couldn't remember crossing this overgrown field. Michael will restore them and let them go after he teaches them a "lesson" regarding the disobedience of posted signs. The material restoration devise has a fortunate side effect of making the subject forget everything about their time being minimized, except for in their dreams.....or nightmares, depending on who they were with during the time they were minimized......

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:42 am

These are quite good. Don't worry about Photoshop, it's overrated and there are plenty of fine alternatives.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:23 am

Prof Sai wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:42 am
These are quite good. Don't worry about Photoshop, it's overrated and there are plenty of fine alternatives.
I actually use Word Documents and can come up with some nice results. Problem is I can't save the Document to photos so I have to photograph my computer screen which often has poor quality results, depending on the colors and details of the picture, as you can see from my pictures. Some look like they were Photoshopped by an expert, others definitely suffer in quality. I recently experimented with a free trial of Adobe Photoshop and it didn't go well. To me, it's like learning to speak Greek from a book written in Greek. If you don't know the basic language, which I do not, you can't learn the advanced language.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:11 pm

Penny was shrunk in one of Leonard's quantum matter experiments, but he couldn't figure out how to reverse the process. Occasionally Leonard had to go out of town without Penny, so he had to find someone to take care of her while he was gone. Raj was out of the question and Amy was just a little too enthusiastic about the idea. Bernadette was the only obvious choice as long as she never left her alone with Wolowitz. Bernadette was actually quite pleased with the change in their physical dynamics and rubbed it in as often as she could. "Come on, Pipsqueak. Let's go to the toy store and get you some new pretty clothes and later you can give me a manicure on this darn thumbnail !!!"

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:06 pm

Definitely one of your better creations Doc, keep up the good work!

Ps. I won't get into a debate about the benefits of using Photoshop (as opposed to alternatives), as you already know my views. ;)
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:15 am

Another close call but at least they have dinner tonight............

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:36 am

I ain't worth a damn in the morning without my first cuppa Joe.......Joline, that's is.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:29 pm

It's been 100 years since World War III, all 37 minutes of it. The lingering radiation mutated the genes in the small numbers of survivors. Some humans remained "normal" size, but their minds became dull and brutish. Others became small, averaging around one foot tall, but their minds maintained their intelligence and they became cunning and devious. For their mutual survival, the two types of humans banded together, the small leading the large in the conquests of other tribes, as humans have done for millenniums and will always do.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:43 pm

A good collector knows the SW usually freaks out when she first realizes what happened to her so it's always good to have something soft to wrap around them to keep them from harming themselves until you get them home. This one, collected from the University Library was still in a state of shock so she wasn't too difficult to sneak out of the building.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:32 am

Kelly was a good kid, a few days shy of her 18th birthday. Her just a little bit shady friend, Megan, picked her up and they went out cruising the boulevard for boys. Megan spotted two guys she knew, and they picked them up. One of the guys told Megan to drive to the county dump and they spent some time teaching Kelly and Megan how to shoot the handguns they were carrying. Back in town, one of the guys saw a rival gang member and dumped a magazine in his direction, killing and wounding several innocent bystanders. Megan panicked, hit the gas and drove the car into a telephone pole. The guys took off running and were never identified. Megan did not survive her injuries. Kelly was found to have gunshot residence on her hands (from shooting at the dump) and was charged with murder. The jury wanted someone to pay for this crime and convicted her, even though there was no proof she was involved other than being there and had no previous police record. But because she was a minor when the crime occurred, she was tried as a juvenile and received the maximum sentence, incarceration in the state woman's prison until she was 25 years old. However, due to prison overcrowding, the state had entered a contract with Professor Thorton, the famous microbiophysiologist. The convicted person was given a choice: Serve the time in the prison or be miniaturized and released to a responsible party for the duration of the sentence. Naturally, her parents talked her into the latter. Two days later, her mother went to the juvenile detention center to pick her up after the miniaturization process. As the administrator handed her over to her mother, she said "You know it's your responsibility to keep her safe and secure for the duration of the sentence?" Her mother replied, much to Kelly's dismay, "Of course. We just purchased a hanging parakeet cage that will guarantee she will stay right where she belongs."