Lara MiCroft(F/f)

Post your pictures of shrunken or otherwise tiny women in here
blueman
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Lara MiCroft(F/f)

Post by blueman » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:14 pm

Lara has been up to no good, breaking into the Wayne office to try and get info on an artifact she would like to "secure". Wearing her tight high tech catsuit, she managed to elude most of the security. Unfortunately, some new security measures were installed recently...

Tags:

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Lara MiCroft(F/f)

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:26 am

"Well, this is most unfortunate. At least it's better than being impaled on a sharp tree branch."
"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:07 am

Nice looking background and the big woman looks good. It's looks like you have put some time and thought into this, and have access to good tools. But you need to work on lighting and composition. Laura is practically invisible in every shot, and totally faceless.

I see a lot of 3d work with the darkness problem. "Realistic" lighting doesn't work in either live action or CGI. Actual darkness doesn't look dark, it just comes across as muddy. It's weird, I know, but you just have to experiment and learn.

Shrunken women are inherently tricky to compose. It is helpful to shrink your camera down to her size much of the time, and have the bigs in the background. The poses you have would be good with better lighting, and if we had closeups of Laura mixed in so that we could empathize with her.

Keep trying, and good luck!

blueman
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by blueman » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:52 am

Prof Sai wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:07 am
Nice looking background and the big woman looks good. It's looks like you have put some time and thought into this, and have access to good tools. But you need to work on lighting and composition. Laura is practically invisible in every shot, and totally faceless.

I see a lot of 3d work with the darkness problem. "Realistic" lighting doesn't work in either live action or CGI. Actual darkness doesn't look dark, it just comes across as muddy. It's weird, I know, but you just have to experiment and learn.

Shrunken women are inherently tricky to compose. It is helpful to shrink your camera down to her size much of the time, and have the bigs in the background. The poses you have would be good with better lighting, and if we had closeups of Laura mixed in so that we could empathize with her.

Keep trying, and good luck!
Thank you for the advice!

As you said about the darkness, I've had a similar problem in the past. I try to put emphasis on the tiny figure by making a higher contrast render, but that just seems to make the whole thing darker. I'll keep trying and make it better.

As for the composition, I've thought about doing closeups, but I'm not sure how to incorporate them. One idea I've had is to make a comic style smaller image on top of the larger image, where the face could be more clearly visible.

I have some more test renders with this setup that I'll upload, I would appreciate any comments there as well. Thank you once again!

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:23 am

Sounds like good ideas. A two panel "comic" works well. As for the lighting, if this was photography I'd tell you that your pics are underexposed, and to look for an aperture or exposure control. I'd think a CGI program would have that somewhere. Here is what I can do in a photo editor:

Imperfect, but easier to look at.

blueman
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by blueman » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:26 am

I took your advice and made a new render.
It's not perfect by any stretch but I feel like I resolved some of the issues you mentioned.

I'm up for any further suggestions as well!