Found on the 'Net

Post by DocRick » Mon May 22, 2023 6:36 pm

From the movie "Dr. Cyclops"

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: Found on the 'Net

Post by Prof Sai » Mon May 22, 2023 6:44 pm

Probably a publicity photo. I don't remember anything like that happening. Given the age of the film, it's rather inevitable that the women don't get to do much.

bobvan2
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by bobvan2 » Mon May 22, 2023 6:50 pm

It's been around a long time.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon May 22, 2023 6:56 pm

Prof Sai wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 6:44 pm
Probably a publicity photo. I don't remember anything like that happening. Given the age of the film, it's rather inevitable that the women don't get to do much.
Yes definitely a publicity shot (sadly). As Bob says it's been around a long time, but always good to see again.
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon May 22, 2023 10:58 pm

I've never seen the entire movie. Just the last half one time.

ensmallen
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ensmallen » Mon May 22, 2023 11:42 pm

The original poster with captions here: https://silverscreenreflex.wordpress.co ... -on-me-tv/

This one I've always wondered about. People can read a lot into that caption the censors won't like:
https://silverscreenreflex.files.wordpr ... s_1940.jpg
"A beautiful young woman shrunk to infant's size, yet possessed of every normal function."

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Tue May 23, 2023 7:47 am

I've always noticed that the publicity stuff for Dr Cyclops has better SW than the actual movie. None of the stuff in the publicity shots and ads were in the movie at all. Nothing even close. I wonder if there are deleted scenes or something.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Tue May 23, 2023 8:57 am

goodshrnker wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:47 am
I've always noticed that the publicity stuff for Dr Cyclops has better SW than the actual movie. None of the stuff in the publicity shots and ads were in the movie at all. Nothing even close. I wonder if there are deleted scenes or something.
If only they were deleted scenes, because I'm sure they'd have surfaced by now. No, I think the publicity shots with Janet were just put out as deliberate red herrings, to raise false expectations and whet the appetite of movie goers. I'm quite surprised they got away with that without some complaints.

Does anyone know if there was a book accompanying the movie? Posssibly with more physical interaction with the female character?
sally g, reincarnated.

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Wed May 24, 2023 7:04 am

Little Sally wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:57 am
goodshrnker wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:47 am
If only they were deleted scenes, because I'm sure they'd have surfaced by now. No, I think the publicity shots with Janet were just put out as deliberate red herrings, to raise false expectations and whet the appetite of movie goers. I'm quite surprised they got away with that without some complaints.

Does anyone know if there was a book accompanying the movie? Posssibly with more physical interaction with the female character?
I think there is a book or a short story. And the movie may have been based on it. And there were quite a few of those shots too, like when she's under the boot and being held in the giant hand and smiling. But nothing remotely like those scenes in the movie. Though I did always wonder if the doctor took any "liberties" with Janet's character when she was small and unconscious and he was dressing her and the others in hankies after he shrank them.

ensmallen
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ensmallen » Wed May 24, 2023 7:30 am

The book is in the Internet Archive, the story also appeared in a 1940 pulp magazine Pulp Covers has a download link for:
https://archive.org/details/drcyclops00kutt/mode/2up
https://pulpcovers.com/dr-cyclops/#1

Not very exciting for SW fans unfortunately.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Wed May 24, 2023 8:01 am

goodshrnker wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:04 am
I think there is a book or a short story. And the movie may have been based on it. And there were quite a few of those shots too, like when she's under the boot and being held in the giant hand and smiling. But nothing remotely like those scenes in the movie. Though I did always wonder if the doctor took any "liberties" with Janet's character when she was small and unconscious and he was dressing her and the others in hankies after he shrank them.
Yes, it's a shame those publicity stills weren't actually part of the movie. So disappointing.

I've only actually seen snippets of the movie, bit did Dr Cyclops have anything to do with dressing Janet (and the others)?

Though I know that must have happened with Sally Reynolds in "Attack Of The Puppet People".
sally g, reincarnated.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Wed May 24, 2023 8:07 am

SirLurkALot wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:30 am
The book is in the Internet Archive, the story also appeared in a 1940 pulp magazine Pulp Covers has a download link for:
https://archive.org/details/drcyclops00kutt/mode/2up
https://pulpcovers.com/dr-cyclops/#1

Not very exciting for SW fans unfortunately.
Oh, that's disappointing, but thanks for the info SirLurkALot.
Last edited by Little Sally on Wed May 24, 2023 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sally g, reincarnated.

bobvan2
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by bobvan2 » Wed May 24, 2023 2:22 pm

Muahaha mo promo pics and a commission I did a few years back.

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Thu May 25, 2023 7:42 am

Little Sally wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:01 am
goodshrnker wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:04 am
Yes, it's a shame those publicity stills weren't actually part of the movie. So disappointing.

I've only actually seen snippets of the movie, bit did Dr Cyclops have anything to do with dressing Janet (and the others)?

Though I know that must have happened with Sally Reynolds in "Attack Of The Puppet People".
It was just implied and not shown. He lured the group into the room with his device and then trapped them and activated it. Then the movie cuts to a scene where he is gathering up their clothes and talking to his cat about what he did, and he muses about one of them "I wonder what he will think when he wakes up wearing a pocket handkerchief".

So it's implied that they shrank out of their clothes and Cyclops gathered them up and dress them in hankies before locking them up. So, just like in Puppet People, you know he handled the tiny and naked woman as he dressed her in the hankie.