CGI or photocollage

Post your pictures of shrunken or otherwise tiny women in here
DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

CGI or photocollage

Post by DocRick » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:50 pm

This NOT my work, though I wish I was this talented. It is my all-time favorite SW image. The quality of the work and the choice of subject and her facial expression is just so perfect, one would think this is an actual photograph of an SW. My dilemma is, is it a great quality photocollage or a great quality CGI? Or a hybrid of both art forms? It's been around for many years so I would lean towards not CGI, but there is still something too perfect to allow my mind to believe it was done by human hands alone.

Opinions?

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: CGI or photocollage

Post by Prof Sai » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:04 pm

It's very well done, and I don't think I've seen it before. I'm pretty sure it is a photo collage and not CGI. The shadows look like the ones I make, and the edges have that cut pixel look.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:13 pm

Prof Sai wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:04 pm
It's very well done, and I don't think I've seen it before. I'm pretty sure it is a photo collage and not CGI. The shadows look like the ones I make, and the edges have that cut pixel look.
This artist seems to be primarily into sm, but has a few good sw. I've seen this on size booro and DA. The woman looks real, the hands don't quite look right. Maybe a picture from Bing or Google Images, but not an actual photograph. But I really like it for some reason. It moves me....... :lol:

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:57 pm

DocRick wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:50 pm
This NOT my work, though I wish I was this talented. It is my all-time favorite SW image. The quality of the work and the choice of subject and her facial expression is just so perfect, one would think this is an actual photograph of an SW. My dilemma is, is it a great quality photocollage or a great quality CGI? Or a hybrid of both art forms? It's been around for many years so I would lean towards not CGI, but there is still something too perfect to allow my mind to believe it was done by human hands alone.

Opinions?

(image)
I'd agree with Sai and say it's a collage, especially as you suggest it's an oldie? It has a natural look to it as opposed to anything CGI or AI, and the shading is well done to achieve a realistic feel to it.

It has the kind of subtlety that Cariwebo's work has, but obviously isn't by virtue of the little signature bottom left. I take it you'll have investigated that line of enquiry.
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:05 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:57 pm
DocRick wrote:

Opinions?

(image)
I'd agree with Sai and say it's a collage, especially as you suggest it's an oldie? It has a natural look to it as opposed to anything CGI or AI, and the shading is well done to achieve a realistic feel to it.

It has the kind of subtlety that Cariwebo's work has, but obviously isn't by virtue of the little signature bottom left. I take it you'll have investigated that line of enquiry.
I saw it most recently on DA. I've seen it on Size Booro and I think I saw it on the old Minimizer forum. I have not contacted the artist personally as I don't know how to find artist's pages on DA and didn't the last time I stumbled onto his or her DA page. I've seen similar style hands on Bing Images but they just don't look like photographs.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:11 pm

DocRick wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:05 pm

I saw it most recently on DA. I've seen it on Size Booro and I think I saw it on the old Minimizer forum. I have not contacted the artist personally as I don't know how to find artist's pages on DA and didn't the last time I stumbled onto his or her DA page.
Well, the only way I know to find artists on DA is by using the search option on there. I've sometimes been successful doing that but on other occasions failed.

When you say you saw it on DA, I take it the image wasn't actually in an artist's own gallery?
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:46 am

Little Sally wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:11 pm
DocRick wrote:

I saw it most recently on DA. I've seen it on Size Booro and I think I saw it on the old Minimizer forum. I have not contacted the artist personally as I don't know how to find artist's pages on DA and didn't the last time I stumbled onto his or her DA page.
Well, the only way I know to find artists on DA is by using the search option on there. I've sometimes been successful doing that but on other occasions failed.

When you say you saw it on DA, I take it the image wasn't actually in an artist's own gallery?
Sorry, yes it was. They were mostly into sm but this and a few other sw pictures were there. As I remember, it was under the name on the picture. I have been able to find another artist or two by searching with Google. Didn't try this one yet.

lefrenchie
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by lefrenchie » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:19 am

Great ( 2 comments in a day!)

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:19 am

DocRick wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:46 am
Little Sally wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:11 pm
DocRick wrote:

Sorry, yes it was. They were mostly into sm but this and a few other sw pictures were there. As I remember, it was under the name on the picture. I have been able to find another artist or two by searching with Google. Didn't try this one yet.
Found him! https://www.deviantart.com/ktantan

As you've mentioned, a lot of his work favours the GTS fantasy and SM, but it all looks very well done. I haven't trawled through all the work on display but he comes across as an intelligent individual who puts some effort into his stuff (a pity there aren't more like him).

The topic collage (above) is there too, where it's available in good definition. I see nothing that suggests it's anything more than a well made collage. Posted in 2018 according to the info available.
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:05 pm

Yeah, that's the artist. I'm not into sm or GTS which is most of her or his work, but I love this picture.

lefrenchie
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by lefrenchie » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:06 pm

SM or GTS again... beurk

No one respect this place I think I will leave this place.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:06 pm

DocRick wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:05 pm
Yeah, that's the artist. I'm not into sm or GTS which is most of her or his work, but I love this picture.
(image)
The artist claims to be a "he".

Btw, are these giantesses supposed to be impervious to police rifles? I wouldn't risk it myself. :D

Maybe she'll head off when they bring in the tanks!
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:42 pm

She's just misunderstood.

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:04 pm

DocRick wrote:

Opinions?

Collage, and a very dam good one, the light matches in many ways and no resolution discrepancies

But I see a collage for two reasons

1 - CGI would make it more perfect an symmetric in terms on giant fingers posing, the giant´s pinky fingers would be more perfectly aligned

2 - The casual thin strands of hair around the mini´s shoulder´s is not common on CGI, at least with that level of casual spread and thin detail
My works are 100% free - Send a thanks here - https://www.patreon.com/SWErotica

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:42 pm

DocRick wrote:
(image)
Opinions?
Hand-Holder wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:04 pm
Collage, and a very dam good one, the light matches in many ways and no resolution discrepancies

But I see a collage for two reasons

1 - CGI would make it more perfect an symmetric in terms on giant fingers posing, the giant´s pinky fingers would be more perfectly aligned

2 - The casual thin strands of hair around the mini´s shoulder´s is not common on CGI, at least with that level of casual spread and thin detail
Well at least we agree it's a darn good collage Carlos, though I'm slightly confused about your observations.

If CGI was used to make it look more perfect as you say, it wouldn't look as real at all. The hands are in a perfectly natural pose and look just right, and the small subject is posed just about perfectly too. The only thing I'd alter (assuming it was my own stock) would be to disguise the highlight on the curve of the subjects back, and possibly some minor shading. But we're really picking nits here.

Bottom line is, it's a nice piece of work because "real" images were involved in its creation, as opposed to using CGI.

Good to have your comments though as always, and apologies if I misinterpreted your meaning.
sally g, reincarnated.

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:29 pm

lefrenchie wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:06 pm
SM or GTS again... beurk

Go ahead, the door’s right there.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:51 pm

It's just something about the hands. The wrinkles are there, the tiny veins are there.......I feel like a real nitpicker.......it's the thumbnail. For some reason, it just doesn't look like a photograph of a thumb. Like I think I said above, I believe I've seem the hand image and others like it, that are tagged as photgraphs, but I don't usually use them for the same reason as I stated above. They may be touched up pictures for advertising purposes or something or I'm seeing something that is not there. Regardless, this still, when looking at it as a whole, is my favorite sw picture ever.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:59 pm

I think we can all agree this is an actual photograph of hands.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:01 pm

This was "advertised" as a photograph of hands. It doesn't look like a photograph at all to me, other than a very touched up one.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:05 pm

This one also labeled as a photograph just looks too perfect to be a photograph, Like the hands in the original post collage, but then just a little "flawed" as a photograph of hands would be, as our hands are not perfect.
Last edited by DocRick on Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:07 pm

I think I just prefer more natural, flawed hand pictures when I can find them. Just call me "Karen". :)

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:13 pm

lefrenchie wrote:
SM or GTS again... beurk

lefrenchie
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by lefrenchie » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:09 pm

Axtwyt wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:29 pm
lefrenchie wrote:
SM or GTS again... beurk

And you can go to GTS city with your submissive friends

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:24 pm

lefrenchie wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:09 pm
Axtwyt wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:29 pm
lefrenchie wrote:
SM or GTS again... beurk

And you can go to GTS city with your submissive friends
Shrunken Women, for Me, are as exciting in Giant Male hands as in Giant Female hands

AS long is not a Giant playing with a Shrunken Male, I don´t care who is playing with the SHRUNKEN WOMEN, Love them All
My works are 100% free - Send a thanks here - https://www.patreon.com/SWErotica

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:27 am

Hand-Holder wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:24 pm

Shrunken Women, for Me, are as exciting in Giant Male hands as in Giant Female hands

AS long is not a Giant playing with a Shrunken Male, I don´t care who is playing with the SHRUNKEN WOMEN, Love them All
Even a "normal-sized" woman in a giant male or female's hands are okay with me........King Kong, The Giant Slayer, War of the Colossal Beast.......