Need the help of a talented SW writer

Are you missing a specific picture or story, or would you like to ask for custom art. This is the place to ask for this
Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Need the help of a talented SW writer

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am

Hi guys,

So I've spent the last couple of weeks mucking about with ChatGPT, just chucking it some narrative threads I've always been fascinated with and seeing what it can produce. Over multiple iterations, I think I've got it writing some pretty decent Short Stories.....but that is the problem, I am struggling to get the story elements any more fleshed out than they already are (though I do accept that it might be because I still don't fully understand the inner workings of ChatGPT).

Anyway, if anyone out there is interested in fleshing out a couple of the stories I've gotten the AI to create, I'll be very grateful. Just respond to this post and I will upload at least one of the stories for you to look over.

Aussie_Lurker.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Need the help of a talented SW writer

Post by chocolatejr9 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

Well, I'm not sure I count as "talented", but I'd be willing to maybe try.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 am

Well, I'm not exactly a talented SW writer, but I have been getting better at wrangling AI. If you're willing to see a mediocre story, I'm willing to try.

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 am

I actually think I am getting the hang of it now. The trick was breaking the narrative up into more manageable pieces, then stiching the pieces together into a single, seamless story that is usually 4 times longer than what I was previously getting. Though I am certain that a quality writer could flesh the stories out even more.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:50 pm

Aussie_Lurker wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 am
I actually think I am getting the hang of it now. The trick was breaking the narrative up into more manageable pieces, then stiching the pieces together into a single, seamless story that is usually 4 times longer than what I was previously getting. Though I am certain that a quality writer could flesh the stories out even more.
Aussie, have you tried this one?

https://perchance.org/ai-story-generator

I've only dabbled with it briefly, but found it good fun. You can use it a paragraph at a time or longer apparently. I tried it on a knife throwing act theme and just gave a quick descriptive prompt, and also added more ideas as I went along (upping the risk factor etc). I haven't tried it for size related stuff though yet.
sally g, reincarnated.

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:48 am

Little Sally wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:50 pm
Aussie_Lurker wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 am
Aussie, have you tried this one?

https://perchance.org/ai-story-generator

I've only dabbled with it briefly, but found it good fun. You can use it a paragraph at a time or longer apparently. I tried it on a knife throwing act theme and just gave a quick descriptive prompt, and also added more ideas as I went along (upping the risk factor etc). I haven't tried it for size related stuff though yet.
Thanks for the heads up but, wow, some of the results generated by this story generator were whacky as all get up ;).

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:10 am

That might be fun. Tell us!