Picture from the palm of my hand for your use

Are you missing a specific picture or story, or would you like to ask for custom art. This is the place to ask for this
Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Picture from the palm of my hand for your use

Post by Raso719 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:09 pm

Hey, I've had this picture of me for a bit and haven't had time to really work with it... anyone want to see themselves (or someone else) super teeny in my palm knock yourself out with it.

Posting in request cuz I'm sure this comes off as basically asking someone to shop a gal into my palm.... which I am in a round about way, lol

Tags:

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: Picture from the palm of my hand for your use

Post by DocRick » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:14 pm

I tried but couldn't get anything good, at least not at my skill level. Problem is the hand is out of focus while you face is in focus. The SW would have to be out of focus to blend with the hand. Would probably work better with the hand in focus and the background a little blurry.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:30 pm

DocRick wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:14 pm
I tried but couldn't get anything good, at least not at my skill level. Problem is the hand is out of focus while you face is in focus. The SW would have to be out of focus to blend with the hand. Would probably work better with the hand in focus and the background a little blurry.
Yeah the picture wasn't exactly taken to he used as a background, it was more meant to be a PoV from the hand looking up to the face, so they makes sense.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:23 pm

Sorry, but this is the only example I could find right now. It works a little better with the focus on the foreground and the background blurred to some degree, keeping the face recognizable, but just out of focus to imply depth. If it was the back of your head looking at a SW in your hand, the reverse affect would be desired, blurry foreground and sharp background. If I can find the right hand picture, maybe I can get something to work.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:58 pm

Yeah get the basics principle of how the focus works for the composition now that I'm thinking of it... like I said, the picture was more intended to be a PoV shot when taken... I'll have to try again....

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 am

Raso719 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:58 pm
Yeah get the basics principle of how the focus works for the composition now that I'm thinking of it... like I said, the picture was more intended to be a PoV shot when taken... I'll have to try again....
Like what's been said already, the image of that part of your hand is just to blurry to place a small subject on to produce a realistic effect (though it might have worked better if your face was slightly out of focus instead of your hand).

It would also help if the hand was more recognisable for what it is (ie, a better view of more of your palm instead of a close up shot). It just looks like a blurry mass of flesh in the frame you've chosen to show us.

I understand what you're trying to achieve (though I personally dislike teeny weeny sw subjects), so give it another go and show us the results.
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:19 am

Okay, it's not very good, but I tried.......

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:51 am

Hey it's more than I would have expected!
Honestly if the girl is out of focus I don't know if that would be the worst thing.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:23 am

As long as you don't look too closely, it looks like your right arm is extended and your left arm is crossed over your right at the elbow.