Shrunken Cast Call

A place to conduct free style roleplaying
FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Shrunken Cast Call

Post by FifteencentiKim » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:19 am

If it was a movie, the best way to explain it would be to describe it as a meeting of the screenwriters of "Honeymoon Over Vegas" and "Dr. Cyclops." Except, even if those group of screenwriters were contemporaries, and there was plenty of liquor flowing, there was no way that group could have come up with the scenario that had happened.

It was a casting call looking for Wonder Womans. Plural. Anyway who showed up and made it past the initial screening got paid $500, regardless. The finalists were going to be part of a project that was guaranteed to get them noticed by the Hollywood Elite. Though how they were going to get noticed, nobody was telling the applicants.

As can be imagined, for the possibility of $500 for just making it through the door, a lot of young women showed up. Not many made it through the door, a lot of women showed up. Quite a few didn't make it through the door. At the end of the day, after a lot of elimination, four women were selected for the final cut.

First, there was Kate, a professional impersonator who looked a lot like Megan Fox:

Then there was Nadia, a young actress who had a minor role on a soap opera and was afraid of getting cut from said soap opera.

And finally there was Sarah

and Kimberly

Both of whom were semi-professional models who mostly did cosplay at comic cons and such. Of the four, only Nadia really expected this to turn into an acting gig. And, of the four, she was the only one who didn't show up in a Wonder Woman costume. The other three were just expecting $500 to get through the door, and didn't expect to make it to the final count.

All four stood on a stage for what they thought was going to be a set of photos, when they were frozen by a blinding light. The next thing they knew, they were all (roughly) six inches high.

Whatever their planned fate was, Kimberly rescued the group when they were about to get scooped up. She got them running and was able to lead them through a vent just as they were about to be snatched up.

With the security crew of the shrinking lot on their collective tails, Kimberly led the four into a bookbag leaning against a wall, a bookbag belonging to a member of a senior class of a local high school touring the studio. As the last tiny Wonder Woman climbed into the bookbag a booming voice yelled, "Hey, kid, is that your bookbag? You can't leave it lying around like that."

Tags:

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Shrunken Cast Call

Post by Axtwyt » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:52 pm

The teen to whom the bag belonged quickly scooped it up, "Sorry sir! Didn't mean to cause trouble!" The kid himself was 18, one of the older of his class. While a nerdy guy, he didn't quite look the part. Tall and an average build, one could've mistaken him to be one of the football team, if not for his Clark Kent glasses.

Zach had been anticipating this trip for some time, as he'd always loved the idea of working in major motion pictures, but today had kinda shattered that for him. All the pushy security guys, the "no questions, no pictures" policy on the sets they got to see, and least of all, getting accosted for leaving his backpack out while he was using the bathroom!

Zach sighed. At least the trip would be over soon and he'd get to go home. He brushed his messy brown hair out of his eyes and followed the rest of the class, putting his backpack on as he did so. However, something wasn't quite right, he felt. His backpack hadn't been that heavy before, had it? Not anything too severe, but like someone put a book or two inside while he wasn't watching it.

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:55 pm

Inside the backpack, the contents, including the four shrunken women, shifted. Their tiny squeaks, muffled and unheard from outside the backpack, quickly stopped.

"What are we going to do?" Sarah asked/whined.

Kimberly bit back a sigh. She had known Sarah for a while and, of all the Wonder Woman cosplayers she knew, Sarah was probably the most "un-Wonder Woman like" of the lot. To be frank, the only reason Sarah was as popular as she was in cosplayer circles was the way she filled...or more specifically overfilled, the Wonder Woman bodice, a phenomenon emphasized by narrow waist and slightly narrow hips.

"We just sit tight and see what happens," Kimberly said, sliding over the contents of the knapsack to put her arm around Sarah's shoulder. Sarah sniffled as she laid her head on Kimberly's shoulder. "I'm sorry I got you into this."

"Nobody made me come to this but me," Kimberly assured her friend. "Don't worry, we'll get out of this."

"Well, isn't that precious," Kate snarled, as she adjusted her position. "Considering that you got all of us in this knapsack in the first place---"

"Considering that she got us out of what was a very bad situation, I say we should we be grateful," Nadia interjected. "And as soon as the backpack stops moving, we make our exit."

"And get our bearings, and try to decide what to do from there," Kimberly agreed. When Kate arched an eyebrow, Kimberly added, "Unless someone else has a better suggestion."

Kate just scowled, but said nothing, trying to get comfortable as the backpack all four were in continued rocking along.

--------

Outside in the bigger world, the security guard who had given Zach such a hard time was in the face of one of the security guards from the Wonder Woman mass casting call. The security guard from the Wonder Woman set was demanding that the studio had to put on lock down and every bag leaving the studio examined. The studio security guard told him nobody had been to their set, and no way was he going to shut the studio down. While all this arguing went on, dozens of cars and buses oblivious to the argument, including the school bus containing Zach, who was still oblivious to the four shrunken women hiding away in his knapsack.

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Zach sat on the bus and put on his headphones as the bus rolled out of the parking lot and started to head back to the school. He put on some music and closed his eyes, wanting the return trip to go by as fast as possible. The backpack sat next to him, with Zach sitting by the aisle and the backpack sat on the seat closer to the window.

Zach's backpack wasn't too full, mostly packed with a few books for the trip. Other than that, he had a notebook and a pencil case inside, just in case he had needed to take notes on the trip.

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:23 pm

"Now?" Nadia asked Kimberly as the pack seemed to settle down.

Somehow, Kimberly and Nadia had naturally started making decisions for the group. Sarah was useless in even the best of situations, which this wasn't.And all Kate was good for was making disparaging remarks, without coming up with any ideas of her own.

Kimberly shook her head. "We're still moving. I'd like us to be still for a few minutes before one of us...me or Nadia," quickly said, when Sarah looked up, alarmed. When Sarah settled down, Kimberly continued. "Either me or you will stick our head out and see where we are." Nadia nodded and tried to get comfortable on the stack of things in Zach's pack.

In the outside world, a beautiful, brilliant, obscure Filipina physicists was trying to correct a mistake that had set off the chain of events that had created the situation in the first place. And Zach's phone began vibrating in his pocket, with "Mom" flashing on his screen.

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:27 pm

Zach pulled off his headphones and dropped his iPod into his backpack, unaware of his stowaways, and then he turned his attention to his phone.

He answered the call and cupped his hand over his mouth and the microphone, to reduce the noise from the bus, "Hey Mom, what's up?"

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:44 pm

"Well, I have good news and bad news," his Mom began. "The good news is that your father landed the McCartney account. The bad news is it means we have to leave for the West Coast now. As in we're packing and heading out the door. Which means you'll need to take care of yourself this weekend. And, you'll need to get a ride home, since I can't pick you up. Maybe from that nice Constance Fuentes?"

As if hearing her name, several rows away, Constance Fuentes looked up from what she was reading:

(Author's note: Eighteen year old .Constance is actually wearing a more conservative version of the uniform than the one pictured above, in compliance with her high school's code concerning attire. The skirt will have been replaced by longer shorts, the top will be a little longer, and maybe half as much cleavage showing)

Constance gave Zach a friendly smile before returning to her book. And Constance was always friendly, in that distant sort of way that people who moved in different social circles were. Constance was a cheerleader, a member of the homecoming court since her freshman year, a member of the honor society...the social and academic accolades that she had gathered in her high school years was endless. And she was friendly with everyone she met. But it was the sort of friendliness that only allowed those outside of her social status to get so close, and no closer. Constance would have no problem giving Zach a ride home, or even talking with him. But she would never consider dating him. Not that she was conceited. She just had ingrained into her since her freshman year that like went with like, and doing anything contrary went against her instincts.

"So will that a problem, Zach?" his mother asked. "I think she only lives a couple of blocks away."

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:50 pm

"I'll ask her. If not, I can always walk home," Zach replied with a sigh. He hated how his mom still treated him like a little kid anytime they headed out of town. "And don't worry about me, I'll be able to take care of myself until you get back. Bye!" Zach took a deep breath as he prepared to ask Constance. It wasn't that he was nervous, he was pretty friendly with Constance and they got along pretty well in their mutual classes. It was more due to how everyone else would see it. The nerdy bookworm asking the popular cheerleader for a ride home? That could result in any number of days of teasing. But Zach would have to take the chance.

He swallowed his fear and got up from his seat, moving up to Constance's seat, "Uh, hey Constance."
Last edited by Axtwyt on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Constance looked up from her book and smiled. "Hey Zach, what's up? Hey, sorry to see that guard giving you a hassle."

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:26 pm

"Eh, it happens," the young man said as he sit down next to her. "I have a favor to ask. My parents are heading out of town right now and I kinda need a ride home once we get back to school. Could you drive me home?"
Last edited by Axtwyt on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:45 pm

"Oh, sure, no problem," Constance said, looking at her watch. "My posse has already headed to the lake anyway," she added, referring to her circle of friends. "And since the parental units are gone for the weekend, I'm going to spend all this quality me time to get some work done on my senior project. Hey, have you started yours yet?" she asked.

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:56 pm

(Author note: I forgot I was writing in 3rd person the past few posts! I will edit them!)

Zach shrugged, "I've got a few ideas kicking around, but nothing totally solid. At the very least, I've got some time to figure it out." He glanced back to his seat before he returned his attention back to Constance, "I should get my bag, I'll be back in a second." He got up and went for the backpack, reaching inside to grab his iPod when he felt something inside

Something like hair.

He peeked inside and see a tiny woman dressed like Wonder Woman inside his backpack.

He quickly grabbed the iPod and shoved in the pocket of his hoodie before he zipped the bag up and quickly shuffled back to Constance's seat. Oh god, had he just lost his mind? Or was that really a tiny Wonder Woman in there? He debated discussing it with Constance, but how could he? Everyone on the bus was watching him while he was near the cheerleader, and everyone who could was listening in.

Zach cleared his throat and his voice cracked as he spoke, the tense nervousness getting the better of him, "So...what're...what're you doing your project on?"

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:02 am

Nadia froze at the feel of giant fingers on her hair. Everyone remained frozen for a few minutes, but when nobody started upending the backpack, there was a collective sigh of relief.

"What do we do?" Sarah said, clearly about to panic.

"We move. NOW!" Kimberly responded.

At about the same time that Kimberly led the other tiny Wonder Women out of the backpack, the bus came to a halt in the school parking lot. Jake and Luke, two AV nerds, immediately got out of their seat and headed to the front exit. As fate would have it, Jake and Luke tumbled over each other and blocked the line of sight between Zach and the backpack, and tussled about while the four tiny wonder woman slid out of the backpack and unto the floor. As luck would have it, the women found an open vent near where Zach was seated. By the time Jake and Luke got out of the way, the four wonder women were in the insides of the bus, undetectable, and leaving no trace they had even been in Zach's backpack in the first place.

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:38 am

Zach nervously left the bus with Constance, clutching his backpack.
"Guess I'll head to my locker and meet you at your car then?" Zach said as they walked back towards the school.

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:15 am

"You don't have everything you need?" Constance asked curiously. "Sorry, I made sure I was ready as soon as we got off the bus. But okay, I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot. You remember I drove the mini-cooper, right?"

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:38 am

"Yeah, I remember. I just need to check that I've got one of my schoolbooks," Zach replies as he walks away from Constance towards the school. Once out of her eyesight, I open my backpack back up and look inside and find...
Nothing. Not a trace of the tiny Wonder Woman.
Had I just imagined it? Was I freaking out over nothing?
Maybe the little lady had gotten out at some point, maybe she was still by the bus. I cautiously made my way back over to the bus, hopeful to find the little woman.

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:01 am

The bus, however, was gone. Once the busdriver had gotten rid...er, unloaded the students, she had taken the bus back o the garage.

Constance, though, from her parking spot, saw Zach snooping around where the bus had been.

"Hey Zach!" she yelled out. "Did you want a ride home or not?"

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 am

Zach sighed. If the little woman was real, she was probably long gone by now.
He turned towards Constance, a bit defeated, and walked towards her, “Yeah, I’m coming, I just...” Zach glanced back to where the bus was and shook his head, “Nah, never mind, it sounds silly.”

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:37 am

"Did you leave something on the bus?" Constance asked. "Just check with the lost and found in the office on Monday. During lunch shift. When the clean the buses wherever they take them, they always turn stuff in that got left on the bus. Anyway, get in. I got a microwave pizza waiting for me at home," she added with a laugh.

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:46 am

Zach doubted that the little woman would last all that long to Monday, but whatever. If she was even real in the first place, Zach doubted he'd ever see her again.
Zach got in the Mini Cooper and set his bag down in front of him, "Thanks again, Constance."

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:57 am

And so Constance took Zach home, and both had an uneventful weekend. Zach never saw the little woman again, and as the years passed, even began doubting that she really existed.

But of course, the four tiny wonder women did exist, and for four tiny women, they had giant adventures.

A casual observer might reflect that, if only Zach hadn't spooked the women on the bus, but had perhaps not discovered them until he got to his house, things might have turned out differently. Perhaps Zach would have been part of their adventure. Perhaps not. Maybe in other worlds Zach didn't discover the tiny women until he got home, and had adventures with the tiny women, and maybe even romance. But in this world, there was only a brief encounter, and nothing would ever come of it.

The End

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:09 am

(Well that’s anticlimactic as all hell.)

Heny

Post by Heny » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:31 pm

I don't like this end.

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Axtwyt » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:53 am

Heny wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:31 pm
I don't like this end.
I don't think anyone does, aside from the person who decided that was the ending.