Shrink Heist

A place to conduct free style roleplaying
chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Shrink Heist

Post by chocolatejr9 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:00 pm

"Yikes!" I duck for cover when I see the ray gun pulled out, hoping to avoid unwanted attention.

Tags:

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:48 am

Sai's instinctive reaction to seeing the gun is to jump behind Chocolate. But with him ducking for cover as well, she just ends up grabbing his shirt and pulling herself along with him. The weird tingling sensations corse through her body, leaving Sai confused as to what is happening and to whom.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:52 pm

I watch as the ray of light hits Sai as she tried to pull at Chocolate, but sadly I don't have time to watch her dwindle. The quest must continue! I push past Chocolate, step over Sai and continue running.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:32 pm

I look over confused, having no idea what's happening now. I try to ask Sai, but I can't seem to find them. Did that weird gun do something..?

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:15 pm

Chocolate hears a weird squeaking sound from inside his jacket, and feels something a bit larger than a cat shuffling around.

"I try to ask Sai, but I can't seem to find them." - Sai is only one person, 'them' is plural.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:44 am

"Don't tell me this place has mice..." I prepare to take off my jacket to see what snuck inside.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:21 am

Sai looks around and gets her bearings, including the sight of a giant Chocolate's face.
"Oh my god, I was short enough before!" she exclaimes.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:47 am

"If it makes you feel better, I don't think you were THAT short..."

I can't tell if I'm helping her or not, so I make sure to check down the direction gtquik went, in case they were still nearby.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:34 am

I reach an intersection and turn, hoping to eventually find that stupid room. I hear another hum of a machinery. Was this it?

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:33 am

Quick follows the humming, and finds a room full of photocopiers, where some secretaries are putting a bunch of papers in large binders. Sai is at last overwhelmed by the situation, she stares, mouth agape, into the eyes of the giant holding her.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:43 pm

Yikes. I'd prefer to avoid confrontation, but...

"Hey excuse me miss," I pull one of the female secretaries aside. "Could you help me please?"

She nods and follows me out of the room, where I shrink her to the size of a doll, and grab her. In a more menacing tone, I say, "Now, you're going to point me to the room that holds the energy crystal, otherwise you're going to end up as a puddle of blood."

Sai, you can narrate this character, or if someone else wants to join, they can take over

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:17 pm

I hear the ray gun echoing off down the hall. "Erm, maybe we should follow that..." I say to Sai.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:55 pm

The other secretaries view with suspicion the sight of some stranger asking one of them into a private room. Listening closely they are horrified at the weird sound, and distorted scream of their friend. Inside, Cheryl the secretary struggles not to go catatonic from the situation.
"Cr... cr... crystal room..." she stutters out in her squeaky small voice.

(You can add some out-of order details here, but presumably you'll have to eventually leave the supply closet. Also tell us where Cheryl is at that point.)

Quick opens the door and instantly gets a laserjet ink brick to the face. (This might knock you out, you decide.) The metal casing shatters, spreading ink all over, including into Quick's eyes.

Just then, Chocolate enters the room (carrying Sai), and sees the middle-aged woman's attack on Quick.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:01 pm

"Aaand we walked right into a fight scene." I look down at Sai, who admittedly looks kinda cute ATM, "Any ideas? Or should we bail while we still can?"

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:35 pm

"St... Stop him!" Sai squeaked.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:17 pm

I don't receive any damage from the brick itself due to the energy shield, but I don't think ink classifies as a kinetic attack, so it passes through
I'm shocked from the splatter of ink and try to wipe it off of my eyes. Meanwhile, I raise my ray and start firing blindly.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:28 am

Once again, I duck out of the way, though this time it's more difficult due to the randomness of the shots. Grabbing Sai, I run into the photocopier room. Now would be a good time to find something to stop Quick with...

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:03 am

"The mirror on the wall there, use it to reflect his beem back on him!"

What effect does the shrink ray have on walls, furniture, ect? You could easily bring the roof down on your head firing randomly like that.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:35 am

Following Sai's demand, I grab the mirror. I hold it out in front of myself, and when the beam hits, it bounces back...

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:00 am

I'd say the ray only works on mostly organic matter. Your clothes shrink with you because your clothes specifically are mainly cotton. Other people might not be so lucky...

I wipe the ink out of my eyes only to find the beam shooting straight towards me. I shriek as it hits the energy harness directly, causing it to overload and explode, blowing the room apart and knocking everyone in the room away.

My ray clatters to the ground, and I decide to make a break for it, without the harness, I'm basically screwed. I notice the rooms around me slightly bigger than normal, which meant I must have been hit with a glancing blow with the harness deflecting most of the energy.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:38 pm

The four secretaries in the room (including Cheryl) are all shrunken and running around randomly. Since Chocolate is holding the mirror, Sai can't see what is going on, and can only hope that Chocolate does the right thing in the chaos.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:37 pm

I catch the thief running away. Noticing that they seem to be shorter than before, I see the ray gun on the floor. I pick it up and show it to Sai, "Think this'll be useful?"

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:31 pm

Yes yes yes! Show it to me. Is there a reverse setting?

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:05 pm

Sai's mind raced to find options, but they all ran into a serious problem: Only Chocolate was big enough to do anything, and he could easily get overwhelmed with instructions from Sai and the other girls. It was too much for Sai to hope that a second shot from the gun would restore her size. A reverse setting was possible, but not remotely guaranteed.

A possibility occured to Sai. "Hey everyone! Look around. Are we all here? Did anyone get hit twice?"

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:11 pm

I look around, seeing the shrunken ladies abound. "Let's see, one, two, three, four... and us. Were there supposed to be more?"

As this is going on, I check the ray to see if there's a reverse switch.