Shrink Heist

A place to conduct free style roleplaying
gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Shrink Heist

Post by gtquik702 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:02 am

The roleplay place is kinda empty, so I decided to add one

Basically, it's going to be a heist where the robbers have access to shrink rays. Anyone who joins can be a police officer, robber, security guard, random passerby, etc.

Before your first post, just add what role you are playing, to avoid confusion.

GtQuik702: Male Robber

I wait, polishing the dust off my ray, in an adjacent alley. The time is 5 minutes before midnight. The target is a rare crystal capable of providing a constant stream of 10 Mw with no fuel. It is hidden inside the cities power plant, heavily guarded by security guards and complex alarm systems. I check the time again, 4 minutes till we strike. I wait...

Tags:

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: Shrink Heist

Post by Prof Sai » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:58 pm

Is this meant to be realistic, or tech fantasy?

Professor Sai is the physicist (sorceress?) in charge of the plant, and one of the few people who understand the process of extracting energy from the crystal. She does not normally work so late, but the crystal has been doing strange things as of late.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:01 am

I'd say more realistic, but with a bit of sci-fi mixed in.
The beeping on my watch alerts me that it is midnight, and the outer alarms are disabled temporarily. Perfect. I switch my body-wide energy shield on, which should keep me safe from most kinetic attacks, until it runs out of battery that is...

I attach the c4 to the wall, and step back. The wall is blown open as I rush in. Unfortunately, the mission is not as simple as I thought. I had blown a hole into a corridor which did not connect directly into the crystal room, turning this facility into a labyrinth. I took a deep breath and ran.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:39 am

The sound of the explosion jarred Sai out of her concentration. She looked around and didn't see any sign of fire. The crystal and it's inductor grid looked fine. Power output hadn't changed. Having been focused on engineering all night, Sai continued to look for machine malfunction, and neglected to consider a more human cause.

(I hope others join us! RPs are more fun with at least three people.)

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:38 am

Agreed, someone please join!

I take multiple turns, hoping I'm at least moving in the right direction, when I hear the hum of machinery from my right. Is that something important?

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:35 pm

(Chocolatejr9 is a random passerby who happens to be walking past the facility as these events go on)

As I'm on my way home, I witness an explosion in the distance. Although I know it's likely dangerous, curiousity gets the better of me and I head towards it.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:21 am

I turn to my right, finding the machinery to be some of those that trigger alarms. Not what I was looking for, but I could work with this. I searched for the alarm that triggered on the opposite wing that I was at, and tripped the alarm.

Right on cue, an alarm began to blare, and a screen showing the room number popped up. This should buy me some time.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:18 pm

Sai rushes in and shoves a clipboard into Quick's hand, assuming Quick is a lab tech.

"Here, start with E - the anti-dampening field. It's not the resonators, so skip G and H. Also, call Coulson."

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:02 pm

I'm briefly stunned by the rapid flurry of instructions, but I nod and start moving down the halls at a somewhat quickened pace. Though that woman was kinda cute. I wonder if I should...

Nah, priorities straight, get the crystal first. Then worry about keeping pets.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:28 pm

I arrive at the facility, and notice a large hole in the wall and alarms blaring. I debate calling the police, but decide to peek inside in case anybody's hurt.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:24 am

Rushing through the hall, Sai sees the wall and some guy (?) sticking his head through the hole. "Put those bricks back, you... waitaminute..." Sai glances around, and then glares at Chocolate. "You're not a bomb... person. Ooh, it was that doofy guy. um... Grab a brick and come with me, I need you to kill someone."

Both of you need avatars!

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:12 pm

I currently wearing a completely black cloak, with a glowing harness strapped to my chest. This is my energy harness that protects me from kinetic attacks. You can't see my face too well, and can't make out many features of me.

I discard the clipboard to the floor and continue running. Eventually, I come to a fork, with a sign reading:

<- Crystal room
<- Emergency exit
-> Cafeteria

The first directions i've received in this stupid facility. I turn left and run.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:30 pm

(I never was good with avatars. Just imagine me as a normal guy with a t-shirt and jeans).

"W-wait a minute, who said anything about MURDER!?!" But Sai is already gone. Sighing to myself, I pick up the brick and start running in a random direction.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:26 am

Realizing that "normal guy" isn't following her, Sai doubles back after him.
"It's not murder if they blowed up national power infrastructure first! Defend your country! "

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:19 am

"Just make sure to explain that to the cops for me, okay? The way I was raised, murder is murder: no exceptions."

With that, I follow Sai to do something I know I'll regret...

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:19 am

Quick reaches the crystal room. Inside is a new-age temple filled with mood lighting, soothing music, recliner chairs, and of course crystals of all types, excluding the one that Quick is looking for. It becomes apparent that the director of the facility thinks she is funny.

Quick, you can reject or delay this if you want to do something else before finding the crystal room.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:07 am

I'll accept that
Perfect. Now all I needed to do was pull out my energy nullifier to shut down the alarms and hopefully make the crystal safe to handle for a small period of time.

I pull it out and jam it into the crystal, starting it up and watching the energy drain. This'll take a few minutes

"Come on... drain faster..."

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:18 pm

(The crystal that generates the power isn't in the crystal room.)

I'm taking a lot of control here because the power plant would be something that Sai built. If we go to your lair, you would control all these details.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:49 am

"Um, who's lair are we talking about?" I ask as we make our way to wherever Sai is taking me.

(Sorry, just wanted to make a joke about Sai giving details).

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:25 am

Stop reading my brain, your eyes will fall out!

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:16 am

Fair enough. In a rush I misread your previous message, and as such, it seems fitting for this response.
The extractor beeps in completion, and I look in shock to find that there is no energy stored in it. I take a look at the room and find everything to be anything but the things I was looking for. I look at the crystal that was placed on the pedestal, and find that in my rush, I had mistook it for the crystal I was looking for.

Instead, it was a useless piece of junk that smelt nice. I sighed and continued running down the labyrinth of the facility

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:12 pm

Turning the corner, Sai and Quick suddenly collided. With Chocolate running up from behind, it suddenly became a Sai sandwich!

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:42 pm

In the resulting collision, I accidently throw the brick I was holding, causing it to fly and hit something that could possibly cause bad things to happen to the three of us. I don't know for certain, though, because I know nothing about this place...

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:40 am

The brick flies through a door that was ajar, and startles someone who was inside that room.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:58 am

Fortunately, the energy harness protected me from any damage in the collision, but I was still startled. In a panic, I pulled out my ray gun and fired, hitting the first person in front of me, in this case, Sai.