Shrink Heist

A place to conduct free style roleplaying
Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: Shrink Heist

Post by Prof Sai » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:05 pm

Tanja, I guess we are doing a time skip here, so this is an opportunity for you to do a lot of things. You can also write for other characters, since it is implausible that it is just the four of us in this world.

Tags:

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:02 am

With me safely on the helicopter and the helicopter safely in warp drive, I recline back onto the seat, only to be met with a slap to my face.

"What were you thinking?!" A feminine voice yelled. I looked up and saw my partner, Skye glaring daggers at me. "You were supposed to just grab the crystal and get out! There was no need for any 'supervillain act'!"

I rubbed the side of my face, "Hey, you didn't need to blow the ceiling open."

"I didn't! And I did because you were such an idiot and got yourself stuck in there! It almost makes it seem like you don't want to go home..."

"Hey, of course I do..."

"Then you could have done the mission properly! All we need is the crystal to charge the interstellar warp drive, and we're home. None of this supervillain stuff."

"..."

Skye dropped to the seat next to me, the one Sai was hiding under. "Listen Quik, I know you're having fun here, but we need to get home. Then we get your disease sorted." she said in a quieter tone. I nodded and sighed. "I broke my harness..."

"HOW?!"

"Got shot."

She slapped me again. "You are on the verge of dying, and you break the one thing that's keeping you alive?!"

"Okay technically I'm not dying..."

"You are! Unless you're willing to break your arms firing energy blasts constantly all day, you're going to die!"

She groaned angrily. "You're going in again tomorrow. We need to get out of here as soon as possible."

I nodded again, my heart starting to strain from the energy I was keeping in.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:51 am

Sai listens quietly. Now things are getting complicated. She hopes her coworkers back at the lab are okay with that Chocolate guy. If she survives this, there will definately be some words had with security.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:53 pm

As I gather my barings, I look around and find the secretaries hiding in their office. I walk inside and find a seat nearby them. "Well... now what?"

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:09 pm

Just then security busts in the door and clobers Chocolate, because Duh...

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:27 pm

I get knocked out again because duh.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:23 am

Tanja needs to post because duh.

Prisoner #6
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Prisoner #6 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:48 am

Entering RP as security chief Six

It looks like I've arrived too late. The place has been devastated and the room is only dimly lit. From behind the sights of my Beretta 9mm I see a silhouette behind one of the offices. I've never seen this man in my life. Quickly I open the door and instinctively give the man a powerful blow to the back of the neck with my Beretta. He crumples to the floor. But I don't see any employees. "Is anyone else in here?" I call out loudly.
Be seeing you.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:59 am

The squeaky voice of Cheryl speaks up from under a desk.
"I think he was helping Professor Sai. The shrink gun was up there on the table before the roof fell."

Prisoner #6
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Prisoner #6 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:07 pm

I hear a high-pitched sound. After a few seconds I realize it is a voice, and after a few more seconds I realize it is coming from under the table. Did I just hear someone say "shrink gun"? I look closer, and see what appears to be a tiny human figure in office attire. It's a woman waving her arms, desperately trying to catch my attention. I shine my flashlight on her and see her recoil slightly.

It's Cheryl, one of our office staff--but just a few inches tall! I know she does something important around here, but I can't remember what it is. She's been so busy I haven't spoken to her for weeks. I kneel down and take a closer look.

"Shrink gun, huh? Okay Cheryl, I'll take your word for it." My eyes dart to the gun on the table. I holster my Beretta and grab the shrink gun for safekeeping. I don't know what happened to our other office staff. Some of them might be hiding or buried under the rubble. I see a couple of piles of clothes on the floor and wonder if maybe their clothes didn't shrink with them...

"All right, Cheryl, any friend of yours is a friend of mine. Maybe he can help us get this matter sorted out. Don't go anywhere, okay?"

I pull out a pair of smelling salts and hold them under the unconscious man's nose.
Be seeing you.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:07 am

"Gurgh... guh... BAGH! Man, I don't know how the human body works, but with all these headaches you'd think I'd be in a coma by now..." I look up and see what appears to be a security guard. "Let me guess, you think I did all this and want to throw me into a jail cell to rot?"

Prisoner #6
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Prisoner #6 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:25 am

"Anyone who would do all this, and stick around waiting to be caught, would have to be awfully stupid. You don't look like a stupid man. No, I suspect the real perp behind all this got away in that helicopter."

I help the man to his feet. "There's no time for introductions at the moment. I woke you because I need your help to find the ladies and get them out of harm's way. Then you and I need to have a talk--so don't go anywhere, okay?"

I lean down to Cheryl again. "Cheryl, there may be staff members too tiny for me to hear them. Do you feel like you can help me look for them?"
Be seeing you.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:35 am

Upon mention of the staff, I instinctively check my person. "Oh no, does anybody know where Sai went? She was with me before I got knocked out the first time."

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:29 am

"Okay, I'll hunt around." Cheryl notices the big clothes pile, and reflexively checks her own clothes, which still fit fine. "Why did that happen?" She thought to herself. Checking the nearest pile, she heard her friend Minx sobbing inside. "It's okay, that awful man is gone, and the security chief has that gun. Sai will figure it out, and restore us."
The sobbing stopped. A bit of the fabric started moving, but stopped again. "I'm still..." That was all Minx could say before the sobbing started again. Cheryl realized, this was going to take a while.

===============

Meanwhile, Sai was still hiding in the helicopter, deciding if she wanted to try to negotiate with these giant... Aliens? No, Sai decided. She'd wait until they landed and left the helicopter, and then Sai would make her way to the radio.

Writing in future tense like this is a useful invitation for interactivity. Others can interfere with your plans without having to directly contradict what you wrote.

Prisoner #6
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Prisoner #6 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:50 am

"Professor Sai got shrunk too? And you don't know where she is? I really hope she hasn't been kidnapped. She's probably the only person I know who can fix this shrink gun."

I wave my flashlight in the corner, being careful not to point it directly at Cheryl again. I see a fairly fairly large ceiling beam and lift up one end.
"Professor Sai?" I call out; but she's not there.

"We've got to find her. But how?"
Be seeing you.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:25 am

Meanwhile, somewhere in Australia, the helicopter blips back into existence, disabling it's warp drive.

As it touches down, its two passengers step off, seeming to search for something in the sparsely littered bushes.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:04 am

Sai listens carefully to see if the two giants have left the vicinity. She also crawls to the front of the footwell to see how standard the controls in the helicopter are. (Even without keys, hot wiring the radio ought to be easy.) Once satisfied that the giants won't see her, she takes a peek out the nearest window to try to get a grasp on her location.

Tanja1000
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Tanja1000 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:58 pm

The last thing I remembered was being small and hiding under some rubble while the place was being destroyed. Now I didn't know where I was

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:10 pm

"Hey Tanja!" Cheryl called. "We need to find everyone else who got shrunk, and make sure no one else is missing! Can you help me with that? Minx's clothes didn't shrink and she is really upset, so I need to stay here."
Last edited by Prof Sai on Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanja1000
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Tanja1000 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:15 am

"Yes! I think yes! So I have to look for the others who have shrunk. I understand." I say

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:01 am

Although I still haven't fully recovered, I help out with the search effort, moving rubble and overall cleaning the area up. Still, I'm not entirely sure how much I'll be able to help, especially now that Sai has disappeared, and I have no way of knowing where the burglar went...

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:59 am

Seeing the two giants walking away, Sai remembers her cell phone. It works, but gets no signal. She then heads for the radio, which looks like standard issue for small aircraft. She turns on the chopper's GPS, notes her location, (Australia?! Well it doesn't look like Colorado outside.) and then finds air traffic control...

Back in the lab, the other tinies hear Tanja trying to get everyone together, and respond. They AREN'T so enthusiastic about letting the big people see them.

Prisoner #6
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Prisoner #6 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:11 am

After considerable effort, the only staff member I could find was Sarah, who had apparently sprained her ankle when her own own spiral-bound notebook fell on her leg. I carefully airlifted her and placed her in a small plastic lunchbox I had found earlier--for her own safety of course. I placed the lunchbox upon a local desk, and out of harm's way. Though she welcomed my help, and was thankful to be rescued, I could still see a more primal instinct within her--fear.

I knew first being shrunk and then surviving an explosion would be enough to freak anyone out, but I didn't realize how many of the office staff would refuse my help. Cheryl and Tanja had the presence of mind to accept the facts of their situation, regardless of how bizarre they might be. They knew how to survive a crisis. But the rest, it seemed, were becoming uncooperative. They were choosing to remain hidden. I was a GIANT now, and my stature alone was enough to vilify me in their sight. Even my footsteps, to such tiny office staff, seemed thunderous as I made my way throughout the area. I sensed that our former friendly working relationship was gone.

I also realized I would need to take a more active approach to handling this situation.
Be seeing you.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:11 pm

"Well, I think that's the last of the rubble." I wipe the sweat from my brow, exhausted from all the work, "Any luck finding the ladies?"

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:53 pm

I think we've found everyone. Minx and Tina can't move from their clothes piles though. We need to find something for them to cover up with. Napkins or some fine cloth we can cut up and sew.