Re: Fairy Quest

Post by xxxxx » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:40 pm

SpoilerShow
Name: Malumi Luna
Body: 0
Agility: 2
Mind: 1
Magic: 3
Specialization: Making objects invisible and visible again (only dead or non living things)
doses of Pixie Dust left: 9
"Glad that that's over." I say, as I let out a sigh of relieve. "Do you have any idea what that was, Fae Ree? I've never seen anything like it myself. I hope that not every creature we come across will be that hostile or we will be in trouble. Lets continue in trying to find a open place with a lot of flowers."

I knew we had to cross that weird black river but I was to afraid to do so.

"Lets go the other way, we might find flowers over there." I pointed to a path away from the black river, hoping that Fae Ree wouldn't notice that I was to afraid to cross it myself.

You are lucky, chocolatejr9

If it wasn't for Elana's re-roll you would have failed with 4 dice :D
I would normally try to fly over this obstacle, but Fae Ree's agility stat is only 1 and this made me not want to risk it. :lol:
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:05 pm

I looked towards the direction Malumi is pointing. While I don't see anything of particular note, I decide that it's probably better to trust my companion than to question them. "L-Lead the way." I say to Malumi.

xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by xxxxx » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:25 pm

SpoilerShow
Specialization: Making objects invisible and visible again (only dead or non living things)
As Fae Ree and I walk through the forest I think back at how she managed to wash the pixie dust of that beast.

"Thanks again for helping me out back there. Can I ask you how your magic works? I've always wanted to learn water spells"
I ask Fae Ree.

Is it possible for my character to learn new spells like this, Elana? My character is fairly competent in using magic, thus I assume that new magic spells can be learned if the spell is understood.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Of course you can learn what ever you want. You wouldn't get new specializations, but there is of course the chance of your magic skill increasing overall, if you practice enough.
Beside the dice, the only real limitation your character faces are those you impose on yourself

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:25 am

"Um... It shouldn't be too h-hard." I look around at where we are, "Though, it might be easier if we find a lake... A n-normal one, not the one from, um, earlier..."

xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by xxxxx » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:12 pm

SpoilerShow
"Thank you, I'll keep a eye out for any type of lake.. Wait here, I'll try getting a good view from that tree over there. This should help us getting our directions."

I try to fly up a nearby tree.

xxxxx rolled 2d6 and got a total of 7:
2, 5

xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by xxxxx » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:17 pm

I safely reach the top of the tree giving me a good view of the forest.

Is Malumi able to see some type of clearing other then the "black river" they came from?

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:28 pm

From the top of the tree you can see the forest extending for at least a thousand pixie length in any direction.
Except that it is cut in half by that black river.
As you look around you suddenly realize that you in turn are watched by a curious squirrel

xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by xxxxx » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:20 pm

SpoilerShow

"Hello creature, how are you doing?"

I have no idea if fairy's can talk to earth animals.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:38 am

One with an animal specialization might be able to ;)

The Squirrel keeps looking at you and makes a few noises.
If it can understand you it is obviously incapable of answering you in a language you can easily understand.
Maybe it can play charades?

You can certainly try to communicate with the squirrel. (Based on a mind roll)

xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by xxxxx » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:41 pm

SpoilerShow
The squirrel kept looking at me with a curios look in its eyes. I knew that animals could understand certain gestures, but I never payed much attention in school on that subject, (or any other subject).

Thus I asked Fae Ree if she could help. "He Fae Ree, did you pay any attention in animal behaviorism class? There is a squirrel here who we could ask some questions, but I have no idea how. Would you mind helping me?"
Elana wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:38 am

You can certainly try to communicate with the squirrel. (Based on a mind roll)
With my character's mind stat I would rather not risk it. I might insult the squirrel by accident (squirrels tend to be very sensitive creatures :lol: )

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:44 am

"Um... I wasn't able to take that class at all, i-it was a popular one when I tried... Maybe if we g-gave it some food it will see us as f-friends...?"

xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by xxxxx » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:53 pm

"guess I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion."

I see a acorn hanging from a branch and I manage to pull it loose. I try to hand it over to the squirrel and hope it doesn't attack me or runs away.

I was hoping you would risk a dice roll based on the mind stat, chocolatejr9. Malumi has a mind stat of only 1, which would almost guarantee failure. Fae Ree has a mind stat of 3 ;) But if you don't think you character would do such a thing or wouldn't be able to do something like this you shouldn't do so. (Please do what you think fits your character's character best. :D )

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:28 am

The squirrel moves closer and takes the acorn.
As it didn't attack you, while doing so, you are also pretty sure that it isn't hostile. ;)