Fairy Quest

The board for RPGs with actual rule systems
User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by Elana » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:50 pm

The pebble of course bounces off the hard surface.

The black river must be frozen, even though the temperature is actually pretty warm
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

User avatar
xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by xxxxx » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:44 pm

SpoilerShow
Name: Malumi Luna
Body: 0
Agility: 2
Mind: 1
Magic: 3
Specialization: Making objects invisible and visible again (only dead or non living things)
"Huh, well look at that it's completely solid. I've never seen anything like it. Do you want to try anything with this weird stuff, Fae Ree?"
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

User avatar
sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:29 pm
Location: UK
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by sally g » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:20 am

*
Last edited by sally g on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by chocolatejr9 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:52 am

As I manage to regain my composure, and not wanting to embarrass the closest thing I have to a friend in this strange place, I pick up a nearby stick and prepare to poke the river. Right before I do, however, I notice what appears to be a light.

User avatar
xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by xxxxx » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:00 am

Would you mind elaborating on this light you described? This would make it easier for me to give fitting response.
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by chocolatejr9 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:17 am

Sorry I wasn't very descriptive on that. I was trying to imply that the light was from something man-made, like a car or something, as another user had earlier asked if we could get a move on with the game. However, I think the comment from said user has been removed, so I guess we could say that the light is something else? I'll leave it up to you, if you want. Again, sorry about that.

User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by Elana » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:05 pm

The only comments vanishing in this thread have been deleted by their original authors.As I try to keep meddling to the minimum needed to get a coherent story out of things :D
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

User avatar
xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by xxxxx » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:18 am

SpoilerShow
Name: Malumi Luna
Body: 0
Agility: 2
Mind: 1
Magic: 3
Specialization: Making objects invisible and visible again (only dead or non living things)
I see Fae Ree grab a twig to poke at the river, but before she does she seems to be distracted by something. I look at the direction she is looking but I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

"Everything oke?.. Look I'm pretty sure we won't find any bees around here I sugest we contineu looking elsewhere. Unless you have some other sugestions?"

I asked Fae Ree
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:57 pm

I blink, being pulled back into reality. "S-Sorry... I-I-I think I might have blacked out or s-something..." I don't see anything anymore, so I head over to Malumi, "You can l-lead the way..."

User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by Elana » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:33 am

But as you talk the light reappears
....
and a second one moving alongside....
Like eyes.

And then you hear a roar like an angry animal as the eyes rush towards you along the river....
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

User avatar
xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by xxxxx » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm

SpoilerShow
Name: Malumi Luna
Body: 0
Agility: 2
Mind: 1
Magic: 3
Specialization: Making objects invisible and visible again (only dead or non living things)
doses of Pixie Dust left: 9
I only have a split second to react as I see two glowing eyes rapidly approach me and Fae Ree.
I reach for my pouch of Pixie Dust with my left hand and throw it against the creature. I focus my magic on the ground where I stand and use my right hand to focus my magic on lifting the creature off the ground.

xxxxx rolled 4d6 and got a total of 16:
3, 1, 6, 6


One modifier means I get to throw another dice for magic, right? Please correct me if I misunderstood the rules regarding Pixie Dust.
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

User avatar
xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by xxxxx » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 pm

I feel my amplified magic connect as I lift the creature up in the air. While the creature is suspended in the air its only capable of flailing around helplessly. This gives us the opportunity to take a closer look at it.
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:08 pm

I can only stand there in shock and awe at what I am seeing. This creature doesn't look very earthly at all, almost like we came across something from another universe...

User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by Elana » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:25 pm

As it gets lift up the creature roar gets high pitched and somehow screams of terror get mixed in.
Almost like the cries of its previous victims
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

User avatar
xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by xxxxx » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:26 pm

SpoilerShow
Name: Malumi Luna
Body: 0
Agility: 2
Mind: 1
Magic: 3
Specialization: Making objects invisible and visible again (only dead or non living things)
doses of Pixie Dust left: 9
After I took a closer look at the creature, I asked Fae Ree to help me release it.

"Fae Ree, you told me you where able to cast water spells, correct? Would you mind preparing a spell to shoot water in this creatures face? I'm going to put it back on the ground. I'm assuming it will run away as soon as I release it. However, if it decides to attack us again I need you to distract it with water. This should give us enough time to get away."

Elana, both our characters where able to look at this creature. If the plot demands that our characters are able to describe this creature, would we be able to ask you for any relevant information regarding its appearance?
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:43 pm

I manage to move a safe distance away, and hold out my hands. "O-Okay! J-Just give me the g-go ahead!"

User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by Elana » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:54 pm

You could certainly ask. or you could just make something up. I'm sure you can come up with wrong interpretations for a car on your own ;)
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

User avatar
xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by xxxxx » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Elana wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:54 pm
I'm sure you can come up with wrong interpretations for a car on your own ;)
Oh, eh.. Of course I totally knew this, I.. Eh, was just playing along for the sake of the game.. yeah, that's it. For the sake of the game...



Alright, I feel kind of stupid now... If anybody is looking for me, I'll be in this corner
Image
reflecting on the depths of my own ignorance. :oops:



In this case my character failed miserably in holding back 'the beast'. Should I redo this part or should we continue as is? I don't feel that my character should be able to stop and lift a car while in motion. Even with the help of Pixie Dust. Then again I don't seem to know anything.

SpoilerShow
Name: Malumi Luna
Body: 0
Agility: 2
Mind: 1
Magic: 3
Specialization: Making objects invisible and visible again (only dead or non living things)
doses of Pixie Dust left: 9
I let the beast go.
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by Elana » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 pm

Pixie dust is very potent stuff as far as it comes to make things float. That is why you get two extra successes for making thing float with Pixie dust.

Deciding to let the beast go turns out to be a bit more difficult as the pixie dust keeps it floating all on its own.

Maybe if you were to wash it off?
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by chocolatejr9 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:47 pm

"O-Oh!" I say as I notice some lingering Pixie dust on the beast, "D-Do you want me to go ahead and r-remove that?"

User avatar
xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by xxxxx » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:15 pm

SpoilerShow
Name: Malumi Luna
Body: 0
Agility: 2
Mind: 1
Magic: 3
Specialization: Making objects invisible and visible again (only dead or non living things)
doses of Pixie Dust left: 9
"If you can I would very much appreciate this. I can't seem to put it back on the ground."

The beast was obviously very upset. It kept making loud distressed noises, making me feel very guilty. It wasn't my intention to hurt it, I just wanted it to know it shouldn't mess with fairies. I keep trying to bring the beast back on the ground but it keeps floating back up in the air.

"Oh don't be upset, I didn't mean to hurt you. Look Fae Ree is trying to put you back on the ground. Please stop attacking us, okay?", I try to comfort the beast, knowing full well it probably didn't understand me.
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:17 am

I raise up my hands, aiming at the beast, and do my best to remove the Pixie dust with my magic.

chocolatejr9 rolled 4d6 and got a total of 8:
3, 3, 1, 1

User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by Elana » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:37 am

Something is wrong here.
I have fae ree listed here with a magic of just 2..but with a specialisation in water.
That would make the roll 2d8.
So I gueess I have to add the actual roll


Elana rolled 2d8 and got a total of 15:
8, 7


And Fae Ree successfully washes the beast with some spontaneous heavy rain.
It gets back on the ground and with some squeaky noise jumps forward.

Getting off the "river" for a moment, throwing dust and dirt into the air before getting back on it and running away at high speed.
Keeping you in view with glowing red eyes on its back.

This certainly was the strangest monster you have ever encountered
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 pm

Sorry about the dice. I didn't know what it was that I was supposed to roll. At least it worked out in the end. :)

User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Fairy Quest

Post by Elana » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:06 pm

No worries. Stuff like this is why I didn't try to go to the full gm less version in the first run.
Only a hand full of unfamiliar rules per quest is best for learning ;)
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest