The Resistence Continues!

A board to discuss all your real world problems.

Or to troll about politics I guess :D :P
OhZone
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

The Resistence Continues!

Post by OhZone » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Chilling, OHNOES!

In Love! ♡ ♡ ♡

Spider9137
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Re: The Resistence Continues!

Post by Spider9137 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:24 pm

Yeah, but ... if Trump is so much like Hitler, why is everyone fleeing TO this country instead of FROM it? That's the opposite of people's migration pattern during WWII, where they FLED Germany. Unless they were military and they were going INTO Germany ...

Nice artwork, by the way. Wish I could afford to commission that person to illustrate some books.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Ah a challenge to theorize :P
For once the political climate is very different.
If Trump would actually act exactly like AH did in the past, he would be out of the office and in an insane asylum within a day.

Besides, that kind of mustaches were very popular in the past. (Charlie Chaplin and Oliver Hardy come to mind immediately)
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

OhZone
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by OhZone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:15 pm

'A narcissistic travesty': critics savage Trump's Independence Day jamboree

Source: The Guardian

'A narcissistic travesty': critics savage Trump's Independence Day jamboree

Breaking with tradition, the president has decreed a military parade featuring jets, tanks – and at the centre, himself

David Smith in Washington
Wed 3 Jul 2019 13.41 BST First published on Wed 3 Jul 2019 06.00 BST

When Donald Trump holds an Independence Day celebration with fireworks, flyovers and battle tanks at the heart of American democracy on the Fourth of July, critics fear that he will be unable to resist turning it into a vainglorious and politically divisive campaign rally.

They are also demanding that the US president foots the bill for any damage caused to Washington’s roads, bridges and monuments by his “authoritarian-style” display of military pomp.

The US president will deliver an Independence Day speech in front of the Lincoln Memorial, which honours the president who won the civil war and helped end slavery and was the site of civil rights leader Martin Luther King’s “I have a dream” speech a century later.

The Rev William Barber, co-chair of the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival, tweeted: “Trump is creating a spectacle of tanks & missiles on the National Mall where the great protests for civil & human rights have been held at a time when 140 million Americans are poor & low income. He thinks this is the sign of strength, but it’s a damn narcissistic travesty.”

Trump was in exuberant mood about the event on social media on Wednesday.

-snip-

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ndence-day

https://twitter.com/MythSerene/status/1 ... 1304210438
In Love! ♡ ♡ ♡

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:53 pm

I don't know what all you people problems is.
That is completely normal behavior for any military dictatorship :P

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:25 pm

I'm glad I gave up on our government; makes my dreams of a fallout and world purged by nuclear fire seem like a beautiful reality
:?: Mysterious Stranger :?:

Spider9137
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Spider9137 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Yeah but ... those aren't concentration camps. Those are detention centers. People want to sneak into the country, rather than going through the port of entry. Many are released after a few days/weeks. Concentration camps? Well, some folk went in and never came out ... and they were citizens of Germany ordered rounded up.

You can find a port of entry list online.

The Hitler comparison doesn't work, but it was dramatic ... now it's pretty humdrum, since folks in the media use it all the time.

Spider9137
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Spider9137 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:12 pm

"I'm glad I gave up on our government ..."

There are governments that are truly evil and inept, not the U.S.A.

" ...makes my dreams of a fallout and world purged by nuclear fire seem like a beautiful reality"

You're hoping millions are killed by nuclear fire?

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:43 am

Yeah, I do dream of it. It's like listening to the peaceful bliss of silence after decades of outcries and bitching. Take your pick of who's in control and see where the roads go but in the end they all fail because times are changing, prices are rising, and people are hating, and we're all one step closer to Armageddon. In a world with idiots, assholes, bigots, and sjws we're better off dead. So take it as a messed up way of thinking becuase I accept it as the road ahead.
:?: Mysterious Stranger :?:

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:10 pm

Spider9137 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:10 pm
Yeah but ... those aren't concentration camps. Those are detention centers. People want to sneak into the country, rather than going through the port of entry. Many are released after a few days/weeks. Concentration camps? Well, some folk went in and never came out ... and they were citizens of Germany ordered rounded up.

You can find a port of entry list online.

The Hitler comparison doesn't work, but it was dramatic ... now it's pretty humdrum, since folks in the media use it all the time.
Just to put in a source that shouldn't be censored even in the US ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanam ... ntion_camp

Note how it mentions parts like "...Indefinite detention without trial and torture..."

Spider9137
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Spider9137 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:50 pm

"Note how it mentions parts like "...Indefinite detention without trial and torture..."

More importantly, I notice you included an active link. I had trouble adding a link to a post the other day. Had difficulty uploading a photo, so I included (of all things) the link to the photo. Are you copying and pasting? Or am I finding a complicated way of making something simple complicated?

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:42 pm

I just copy pasta, as that works easily enough most of the time.

With pictures there is always the question if the site in question likes direct links to their pictures.

Deviant art for example does not

chesya
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chesya » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:30 pm

Spider9137 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:24 pm
Yeah, but ... if Trump is so much like Hitler, why is everyone fleeing TO this country instead of FROM it? That's the opposite of people's migration pattern during WWII, where they FLED Germany. Unless they were military and they were going INTO Germany ...

Nice artwork, by the way. Wish I could afford to commission that person to illustrate some books.
People come to the USA because it is a very wealthy country. The fact that the USA controls the best resourced section of the Earth's land mass, doesn't mean it has the best governance. There are certainly nastier governments in countries like Russia and China, but ask the largest per capita prison population, a modern day slave labour force made up disproportionately Black and other ethnic minorities, how they like this 'free society'? There may be many good aspects of life to many in the USA, but these are founded on deep contradictions and other complexities in the way the republic evolved and are unspeakably fragile.

People are fleeing from Central and Southern America because repeated efforts of the USA over 150 years (Monroe Doctrine, etc) to maintain economic 'dependency', meaning the manipulation of governments and resource access and ownership to keep Latin American economies in a primary (raw materials, agriculture, low wages, low public services etc..) state, e.g. the legitimately elected president of Chile was removed by the CIA to secure copper supplies for US industries. I regard the activities of the USA in Western Hemisphere since the Monroe as no better than the UK in Africa or the old Soviet Union in Eastern Europe. Much of Central and Southern America has been left with low yield primary economic activity, poor governance, removal of already scant land rights and continual foreign interference for the convenience of US investors. Where should people suffering mass evictions, impossible life choices and starvation go?

Trump is an erratic narcissicist, a lier who seems incapable of knowing, let alone telling the truth. He seems to have no moral boundaries and a willingness to manipulate dangerous forces and no compuction in taking advantage schisms in American society. 'Nazism' is banded about too often, but watching a Trump rally in its entirety sent chivers down my spine. You don't often see how he whips up hatred and actively attacks free society, presents truth as lies and visa versa in way which transcends normal mendacity, while his supporters think they are preserving right in supporting him.