Art thieves in DeviantArt

A board to discuss all your real world problems.

Or to troll about politics I guess :D :P
kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Art thieves in DeviantArt

Post by kira123 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:28 pm

Well, it looks like I've finally found my breaking point to finally leaving DA. One of those punks stole one of my commissioned artworks and another stole art from my dead friend's DA. I already sent the reports and I'm giving the staff 5 days to fix this. If nothing is done about it by then, that's when I just decide to call quits and kill my DA account. And make Newgrounds and Pixiv my new home for my artwork until I can make my own account to promote my stuff. Unfortunately, both sites don't have a section where you can write and post stories. So I'll have to look elsewhere.
But seriously, I am SO done with DA and the wokies responsible for this disgrace and neglect. I thought the NFT and AI art fiasco would be the ones to make me quit DA. But I chose to stay because of my connections with people on there. Now, it's just not worth it, and it's the final straw. NOBODY steals art from me, nor from my friends. NOBODY!! 😑

ShrinkMaster
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Art thieves in DeviantArt

Post by ShrinkMaster » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:37 pm

kira123 wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:28 pm
And make Newgrounds and Pixiv my new home for my artwork until I can make my own account to promote my stuff. Unfortunately, both sites don't have a section where you can write and post stories. So I'll have to look elsewhere.
I'm not sure what you mean by posting stories, but for written, Pixiv has the Novels section.
I don't like playing with dolls,
I like to play with little woman!!

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:45 am

ShrinkMaster wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:37 pm
kira123 wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:28 pm
And make Newgrounds and Pixiv my new home for my artwork until I can make my own account to promote my stuff. Unfortunately, both sites don't have a section where you can write and post stories. So I'll have to look elsewhere.
I'm not sure what you mean by posting stories, but for written, Pixiv has the Novels section.
I know, I already found it. And yeah, I meant written stories.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:36 pm

What did the thieves do with your art? Sell it? Claim they had painted it?

HHunter1
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by HHunter1 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:51 am

Man I'm sorry they stole your work. Wish there was more you could do then report it to DA who may or may not get around to doing something about it. 🀬

HH1

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:09 am

:: Drops a Rhinoceros on Kira's head. ::

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:16 pm

Prof Sai wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:36 pm
What did the thieves do with your art? Sell it? Claim they had painted it?
Just paint over and kept characters in so they can repost in their gallery without any credit or consent. But the guy is gone now. Now I got this other MFer stealing from my dead friend's DA account, and there's nothing anyone can do about it now.
And if that wasn't enough, one friend of mine, and and artist I follow on DA got banned for nothing. At that rate, I don't feel safe in that site anymore. So I already bailed out of DA a couple days ago. I couldn't go through with deleting the account, so I'm pretty much just gonna be inactive and lurking on there in case I want to buy commissions from others that I can't contact outside of DA.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:40 pm

That's sad. I'm sorry to hear about it. All you can do is be active on multiple sites, I guess. And don't be discouraged.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:35 am

Nobody noticed the rhinoceros in the room. :(

It only wanted to help an issue about Val And Nina.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Val and Nina

Post by kira123 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:39 am

Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:35 am
Nobody noticed the rhinoceros in the room. :(

It only wanted to help an issue about Val And Nina.
Ah, so you saw my second commission on Shrinkfan. Honestly, I was expecting more grasp on the giant's hands there. Giant fingers fully wrapping around the little ladies' bodies. But, what I got is close enough. I just need to make things more exact from my refs and try again next time. πŸ˜„

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:39 am

I think I agree with the artist that the "woman" part of shrinking women is the key, while the shrinking part is why things happen. That was my problem with a midsummer nightmare - weak and generic art, with the women's figures lost in baggy togas.

At first they didn't have any credit for me creating the characters, but scidram fixed that. I also didn't want them getting that small. At half sized they still have a fair amount of autonomy and can try to do more things and struggle with them. But I didn't actually submit any further requests, so there it is.

Making that rhino pic was so complicated. I generated 25 images, and combined bits from three of them, just to make that one pic! I hope it was funny, and not mean.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Val and Nina

Post by kira123 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:07 am

Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:39 am
I think I agree with the artist that the "woman" part of shrinking women is the key, while the shrinking part is why things happen. That was my problem with a midsummer nightmare - weak and generic art, with the women's figures lost in baggy togas.

At first they didn't have any credit for me creating the characters, but scidram fixed that. I also didn't want them getting that small. At half sized they still have a fair amount of autonomy and can try to do more things and struggle with them. But I didn't actually submit any further requests, so there it is.

Making that rhino pic was so complicated. I generated 25 images, and combined bits from three of them, just to make that one pic! I hope it was funny, and not mean.
Honestly, I didn't know Val and Nina are your OCs. Sorry about that. πŸ˜…
And I understand that you didn't want them to be smaller to doll size or anything. I really like them though. πŸ˜„

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:18 am

That's fine. The rhinoceros fixed everything. You can continue with them if you want, I'm working on another project.

Want an avatar? That girl is (very) loosely based on your current one.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:25 pm

Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:18 am
That's fine. The rhinoceros fixed everything. You can continue with them if you want, I'm working on another project.

Want an avatar? That girl is (very) loosely based on your current one.
Thanks, though I'm still working on how I can change my old avatar. And I'd rather do it without any help from AI. But if I have any ideas, we'll talk in the PMs. ;)

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

DeviantArt purged another victim

Post by kira123 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:01 am

Bad news guys. The dillweeds on DA purged Karbo, and without warning too.

https://twitter.com/Karbofelarya/status ... 58683241#m

He's saying that he's gonna fight to get his account back. But, good luck with that. It's never gonna happen. Not with that current management there. Good thing I can reach him on Pixiv. Contact wise, idk. But I'm sure as heck not making no Twitter account.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:02 am

Ugg. I was quite liking that place, and now the bullies show up. Where should we all go? Pixiv?

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:44 am

Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:02 am
Ugg. I was quite liking that place, and now the bullies show up. Where should we all go? Pixiv?
Pixiv and Newgrounds
Alot of people use Twitter, but screw that hellsite. And Instagram isn't any better, because Facebook ate it.
And if all else fails, we make our own sites to promote our art. Cause unless there's another good alternative to DA to turn to, we're stuck.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:21 am

I'm still on DeviantArt. But Pixiv gave me an insta-ban over this:

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:26 pm

Shame that Gumroad got nuked, too

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:01 pm

I'm curious as to what you feel is "theft" in regard to this subject. Obviously, if someone took a story or collage made by someone else and claimed it as their own creation you would consider it theft, especially if they used it in a money making attempt. How about if someone took a portion of someone's work, such as an image of a female, a hand or a background from someone's work and used it in a totally different collage? Unless the person took the photograph personally, they "stole" it off the 'Net too. If it's just done as a hobby, what's the harm? What about "intellectual property"? There's an artist on this forum and DA that has "stolen" several of my ideas and made very similar collages. Not using any of my images, but it was still based on my work. Is that theft? Is there a difference?

Opinions?