Let's refight the crusades!

A board to discuss all your real world problems.

Or to troll about politics I guess :D :P
Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Let's refight the crusades!

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:39 pm

HHunter1 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:28 pm
Oh, and if your wondering why the Muslim world suddenly stopped being a technologies and progressive leader, it was the Crusades. Not falling behind. Not ignoring advances. Its hard to be a pillar of civilization when armed groups of plague carrying people raid and pillage your Libraries and places of learning every couple of years. I mean Harvard is a prestigious University but I think the quality of the education there would drop dramatically if randomly every few years it was pillaged by barbarian raiders.
That's ridiculous. The crusaders never got anywhere near Bagdad, Persia, or Mecca. They only attempted to retake Christian lands that muslims had taken by force of arms. Just about everything the Muslims had was taken by military force. Modern Muslims take pride in Mohamed's skill at combined military+economic conquest. Meanwhile the Crusaders had never done anything remotely like that, so naturally their attempts were a mess. They had troops who were expecting to fight people with literal tails and horns growing from their heads. When they arrived and found that they couldn't tell friend from foe, confusion lead to atrocities.

You've also got the dates wrong. By the time the muslim empires started declining, (1400's) the serious crusades were over, and what was left were token efforts that didn't accomplish much.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: Let's refight the crusades!

Post by DocRick » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:46 am

HHunter1 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:28 pm
Its hard to be a pillar of civilization when armed groups of plague carrying people raid and pillage your Libraries and places of learning every couple of years.
A pillar of civilization that stones women and girls who get raped, cut hands off of thieves, don't let women get education, have sex with young boys for pleasure because sex with women is dirty and only for reproduction.......yes, I know this is not true of all Muslims, particularly the ones living in the West, but it still happens in strict religious countries, such as Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and I'm sure many other Middle Eastern countries. Muslims were no different than any other society in the history of this planet. Expansionism by slaughtering their neighbors and kill anyone who challenges the ruling class.

True, Christian societies have done some atrocities, such as the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition, but at least we (Christians) admit they were wrong back then.

HHunter1
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by HHunter1 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:59 am

DocRick clearly didn't understand I was referencing Prof Sai's earlier post. Understandable as it looks to me your just looking to argue. Honestly it seems to me both are you are. I don't care to. We'll just go round and round. I care not to waste my energy. Enjoy if this gives you some sort of thrill.

HH1

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:34 am

:: Dances round and round. ::