(Politics) Disappointed to see that Minimizer turned out to be a Trump fanatic

A board to discuss all your real world problems.

Or to troll about politics I guess :D :P
lurkerk
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

(Politics) Disappointed to see that Minimizer turned out to be a Trump fanatic

Post by lurkerk » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:40 am

So I checked his facebook and turns out he is a card-carrying Trump cultist.

Drives across the country to attend to those rallies and everything.

Regrettable end to one of SW's first presences on the internet

Tags:

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: (Politics) Disappointed to see that Minimizer turned out to be a Trump fanatic

Post by Mac » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:19 pm

This'll probably have to get moved to Banter and Flamez! Because yes, I am a Trump Fanatic too! Go Donald!! Love the mans hair!!
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!
Just gettin' ready for all ya little hotties! :twisted: ;)

xxxxx
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: (Politics) Disappointed to see that Minimizer turned out to be a Trump fanatic

Post by xxxxx » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:31 pm

lurkerk wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:40 am

Well, isn't it possible that Minimizer just has a (political) opinion that differs from your own, while also being a decent person? You don't have to agree on everything to like or respect a person. The most interesting discussions I've had where with people I thoroughly disagreed with on a number of points. If you value a person perspective or opinion then you could have a respectful discourse with that person about their points of view. You might come to the conclusion that your opinions differ on a few points, but hopefully you'll at least be able to understand their reasoning behind their opinion.

If you do plan to have a sincere conversation with someone about their political views; calling them a cultist or a fanatic, probably isn't the best way to start the conversation ;)

And you are probably right Mac, this should be moved to Bandter en Flamez!
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:08 pm

lurkerk wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:40 am

I was tempted to reply earlier, but I'm pleased I waited. (good posts fellow members above).

The political views of another person are their own business as far as I'm concerned, and to actually try and rally some kind of support for your own views on a site like this is a bit ridiculous imo. If I were you I'd stick to your fetishes and leave the politics alone, especially when you're making reference to an individual who can't defend himself on here. Not that he needs to I hasten to add!

TheReducer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by TheReducer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:19 pm

I've come not to worry about how someone votes or who they support. It is THEIR beliefs that THEY choose. I don't hold anything against someone for what they like or dislike. Just don't throw it in my face and tell me I'm wrong because I don't agree with you.

I'm old enough to remember when your sexual preference was a thing to hate about. I mean I liked the Village People back when they came out. Now I was accused of being gay because I like them. I told these people I wasn't and what a person or a group does behind the doors of where they live or stay is their business as long as it isn't illegal.

So if Min suppose Trump, more power to him.
Thanks to Sally G for the avatar.
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/The-Reducer/e/B0 ... vu00_r1_c1

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Seriously, I voted for him for one main reason. He made then lost then made again a billion dollars.
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:53 pm

TheReducer wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:19 pm
I've come not to worry about how someone votes or who they support. It is THEIR beliefs that THEY choose. I don't hold anything against someone for what they like or dislike. Just don't throw it in my face and tell me I'm wrong because I don't agree with you.

I'm old enough to remember when your sexual preference was a thing to hate about. I mean I liked the Village People back when they came out. Now I was accused of being gay because I like them. I told these people I wasn't and what a person or a group does behind the doors of where they live or stay is their business as long as it isn't illegal.

So if Min suppose Trump, more power to him.
Well said Red'.

Lil
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Lil » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Everyone is welcome to their opinion but I think less of people who like Trump. Sorry, not sorry.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:19 am

Is it bad that I only supposed Trump because I didn't want to support Clinton?

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:58 am

Lil wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 pm
Everyone is welcome to their opinion but I think less of people who like Trump. Sorry, not sorry.
I see President Trump as wunnerful entertainment! He may be the original Noir president! ;)
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

lurkerk
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by lurkerk » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:35 pm

Mac wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:38 pm
Seriously, I voted for him for one main reason. He made then lost then made again a billion dollars.
False. Read:

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-yor ... ce-2018-10

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:34 pm

lurkerk wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:35 pm
Mac wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:38 pm
False. Read:

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-yor ... ce-2018-10
Sorry but I don't see this article as accurate nor honest! My experience watching the media for the last decade is that it is inaccurate and deceitful most of the time. I remember a time when news was accurately reported, Not sure of your age but I know todays 'news' is manufactured nonsense. It wasn't total BS in the past like it is now. :idea:
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

OhZone
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by OhZone » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:13 am

Oh you don't want to get me started with politics here. haha I have tons of political threads on the process.
In Love! ♡ ♡ ♡

Cariwebo
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Cariwebo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:59 am

Goes to show that no matter how much you think you know somebody, chances are you don't. It's all too easy to project onto others what you want to see in them instead of seeing them as they are. :(

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:48 am

Cariwebo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:59 am
Goes to show that no matter how much you think you know somebody, chances are you don't. It's all too easy to project onto others what you want to see in them instead of seeing them as they are. :(
Excellent point! :!:
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:49 am

OhZone wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:13 am
Oh you don't want to get me started with politics here. haha I have tons of political threads on the process.
For the most part I stay outta politics on line. Unless of course, it is part of an RP adventure! ;)
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:12 pm

Minimizer's forum was the place that most of us called home in the early days of this fetish, and we should never forget what he did for us and the SW movement. He wasn't just a generous host in providing a free forum for us (which he did for many years), but his entire site was also a magnet for attracting more interest to the hobby, with its many features and links to all kind of things related to shrinking. Not least the treasure trove of his own work, where his stories and drawings became legendary, and quite rightly so.

I think it's probably fair to say, he was one of the main reasons this shrunken woman fetish really found its place in the world, as an interest in its own right. But moreover to us as undeserving as we were, he was without doubt an unselfish benefactor, and a generous host to the end.

So a time for some loyalty and gratitude I would have thought, instead of what the topic poster hopes for.

OhZone
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by OhZone » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:20 pm

Oh, I thank him for his art, and for letting me repost his WOW videos to my channel, but did he really drink the koolaid?

I think there are two basic kinds of Trump followers =

1 - Evil sociopathic racists.

2 - Fools.

(or both!)

So if he fell for the "Nationalist" Con Man, I'd have to say he was 2.

Now, if Jae fell for him, I would say, he's prolly #1, cause Jae is pretty evil. He came back after being gone for ages, and made a mess on the process, called me a F*cking C*nt, and tried tear the site apart with his trolling.

Oh well.

Oh, is his Facebook public? I'd like to friend him or follow his page, just out of thankfullness for his SW work.
In Love! ♡ ♡ ♡

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:08 pm

OhZone wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:20 pm
I think there are two basic kinds of Trump followers =

1 - Evil sociopathic racists.

2 - Fools.

(or both!)

Now OhZone ... I am neither of those two things!

Well I have to admit I can be the fool when smitten with the spell of you little Hotties! :oops:
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

OhZone
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by OhZone » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:35 am

See this is why I didn't want to start discussing politics. ha!

And I'd rather have fun getting smaller and smaller and play on a giant's body -

Buuuuuuuut -

#MAGAbomber
#MAGAshooter
#MAGAracistexecutioner

"A Week Of American Hate: Bombs Mailed, Black People Executed, Jews Slaughtered

(HuffPost) A man executed two black people at a grocery store, but didn’t engage a white man outside because “whites don’t shoot whites.” A Donald Trump supporter and apparent anti-Semite who looked up to white supremacists sent bombs in the mail to the president’s opposition. An avowed anti-Semite walked into a synagogue and killed 11 people after screaming, “All Jews must die!”

This was one week in American hate.

Some of the bloodiest and most excruciatingly tense news stories in recent memory felt painfully similar to one another, unified under the same banner of racism, violent rhetoric and anger. The only difference between this week and the last is that a few of the angry, hateful people under that banner decided to go out and act on their hate.

On Monday, packages containing apparent pipe bombs began to arrive at the doorsteps and offices of high-profile Democrats, including Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) and former CIA Director John Brennan.

The first showed up at a home owned by George Soros, the billionaire philanthropist who has been the right’s favorite punching bag, conspiracy catchall and boogeyman for decades. Five days passed, and more packages arrived. The news media pointed out that all of the victims were Trump’s public enemies, and that he’d prodded his followers to commit violence against some of them in the past. Conservatives ― including the president himself ― implied or outright stated that the bombs were a so-called false-flag operation committed by the Democrats.

That, of course, turned out to be untrue. On Friday, police arrested Cesar Sayoc, 56, who was revealed to be a staunch Trump supporter and wild conspiracy theorist. His sticker-covered van suggests he committed his alleged crimes in the president’s name; some of the stickers on his van featured targets on the faces of his victims, while others were loving homages to Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. Trump, meanwhile, would go back to making fun of Soros by Friday night. .......(more)

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bd4 ... bc948c9805 "

Comment from my friend Paul -

"Republicans Are Now Cornered Rats - Watch Out
Welcome to their self made October Surprise demise.

They won't go quietly."
In Love! ♡ ♡ ♡

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:04 pm

You know what I keep noting in Democratic opinion pieces I read, hear, and watch, is a lack of acknowledging the shear numbers of people who came out to vote for Trump in 2016, and the landslide victory he achieved. These pieces do not address why the Democrats got crushed by the voters. They are finally now reporting that he has a large base of support. He has record approval ratings too. He won by such a huge number because record numbers of people want change. Too often the Democratic press report what they want the reader to believe, not what is accurate. I am real curious to see what happens November 6th.

I need to be clear here though. I don't trust ANY news media outlet anymore. Seemingly all present their own agenda and skew the perception of the conflicting opinion regardless of that conflicts credibility. You know what though, people are beginning to see through the charade in record numbers. It gives me a bit of hope.

I was a Rush and Sean fan for years! I heard Hannity totally get roasted by a little old retired teacher. She was right and proved him wrong. He got so flustered he hung up on her in mid sentence. He was a spoiled brat loser in that event. I lost respect for him as he bashed her without giving voice to her accurate observations. After that I listened a bit differently and noted that as a behavior with he and Rush on a consistent basis. I pay no attention to them now.
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:49 pm

It seems this thread has drifted from the original issue, to discussing U.S. political differences in general.

Oz, I've always respected your stong opinions, but I hope you're not implying that recent tragic events might be condoned by the majority of people that support Trump? The fact that some deranged undividual (with links to supporting Trump) acted in an awful way, should in no way reflect upon others who may share the offender's politics. This is important to remember with regards to the original topic, and the 'alleged' (lawful) activity of a person not here to speak for himself.

Mac, your points seem to make good sense to me, especially your opening paragraph. But I have no in depth knowledge of your nation's politics to feel qualified to comment further.

This might be interesting reading for you both, and especially the passages toward the end. Which make some interesting points about the way white voters felt or are feeling. The phrase 'reaping what you sow' occurred to me whilst reading some of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... o-division

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Mac wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:04 pm
You know what I keep noting in Democratic opinion pieces I read, hear, and watch, is a lack of acknowledging the shear numbers of people who came out to vote for Trump in 2016, and the landslide victory he achieved....
Ehm.62,980,160 votes for Trump is not such a high number.
In fact that came to 46% of the votes...so if the US election system weren't so screwed up he would not be president.
(Of course the numbers of people who could have voted but didn't is estimated to be between 90 and 95 millions..so maybe neither party deserves to rule)

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Elana wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:59 pm
Mac wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:04 pm
You know what I keep noting in Democratic opinion pieces I read, hear, and watch, is a lack of acknowledging the shear numbers of people who came out to vote for Trump in 2016, and the landslide victory he achieved....
Ehm.62,980,160 votes for Trump is not such a high number.
In fact that came to 46% of the votes...so if the US election system weren't so screwed up he would not be president.
(Of course the numbers of people who could have voted but didn't is estimated to be between 90 and 95 millions..so maybe neither party deserves to rule)
I've read different numbers from different sources. Again who do you believe? I know he had unusually high numbers turn out for the vote. I saw that with my own eyes. I lived next door to a large voting center for 20 years. I might add Obama also had huge comparative numbers. I think it's safe to say that 'citizen apathy' or 'voter apathy' is a big contributor to low voter turn out. Add that to the 'fat and sassy' entitlement mentality of almost half of Americans and getting people to participate is like pulling teeth.
Gore blew Bush away with the popular vote and still lost. You think our system is legit? No way. It is an illusion at best to think your vote counts. The president is elected by the Electoral College, whatever the hell that is, not by the people. Most Americans don't even know that.
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm

I want to say this, that large economic interests have bought via the lobbying process our central government. It strikes me as evident and buried in most news coverage. That is central to the emerging Feudalistic American social order. We have a minuscule middle class. As it disappears our impact on real world events changes.
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!