(Politics) Disappointed to see that Minimizer turned out to be a Trump fanatic

A board to discuss all your real world problems.

Or to troll about politics I guess :D :P
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: (Politics) Disappointed to see that Minimizer turned out to be a Trump fanatic

Post by Elana » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Real world impact b the us?
You mean your companies picking which Chinese company is making their products.
Or more like where do you play war this week.
Or maybe polluting the world.. think in that regard you are only second to china.

But before I troll further...I think this should go into a separate threat in "banter and flamez" :D

Tags:

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: (Politics) Disappointed to see that Minimizer turned out to be a Trump fanatic

Post by sally g » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:59 pm

Elana wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:57 pm
Or maybe polluting the world.. think in that regard you are only second to china.

But before I troll further...I think this should go into a separate threat in "banter and flamez" :D
With respect Elana, I think this thread should be left just where it is and should not descend into a slanging match between opposing political views.

Keep the topic in mind please. The author of this thread has made what he or she thinks is a character slur on a respected individual, so that needs to be addressed and dealt with.

Maybe Min will find his way to this topic, and choose to respond to it.

lurkerk
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by lurkerk » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:45 am

sally g wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:59 pm
The author of this thread has made what he or she thinks is a character slur on a respected individual
How is it a slur, it is a verifiable fact that Min is a fanatic, just look at his facebook yourself.

Also, how rich of you to urge for civility and giving the benefit of the doubt to Trump, when all he ever does is bully people and incite violence.

In case you haven't read the news, Trump fanatics are trying to bomb those who Trump has labeled as targets, and another one just shot up a Jewish Temple in Pittsburgh. To name just the 2 most recent incidents.

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:42 am

lurkerk wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:45 am
How is it a slur, it is a verifiable fact that Min is a fanatic, just look at his facebook yourself.

Also, how rich of you to urge for civility and giving the benefit of the doubt to Trump, when all he ever does is bully people and incite violence.

In case you haven't read the news, Trump fanatics are trying to bomb those who Trump has labeled as targets, and another one just shot up a Jewish Temple in Pittsburgh. To name just the 2 most recent incidents.
First off, I wasn't even aware that Min has a Facebook page, so how does one judge for oneself? I might be interested to see it, and of course to see where you've taken him to task yourself on there.

As for your other points, I've already covered them with replies to other posts, and I don't care to repeat myself.

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:27 pm

Elana wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Yeah.
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!
Just gettin' ready for all ya little hotties! :twisted: ;)

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:21 am

lurkerk wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:45 am
sally g wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:59 pm
The author of this thread has made what he or she thinks is a character slur on a respected individual

How do you define 'fanatic'? How "rich of you" to blame Trump for other peoples choices! Your logic reminds me of the same twisted logic exercised by 'higher education magnet' Ohio State University's logic regarding laying blame on their football coach for an employees marital concerns! I do not understand your logic in claiming "...Trump has labelled as targets,..." anyone. I'd love to see a credible link or two demonstrating him 'labelling targets'! Look I mean no disrespect. I just don't agree at all with your logic.
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

OhZone
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by OhZone » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:09 pm

Mac wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:04 pm
You know what I keep noting in Democratic opinion pieces I read, hear, and watch, is a lack of acknowledging the shear numbers of people who came out to vote for Trump in 2016, and the landslide victory he achieved. These pieces do not address why the Democrats got crushed by the voters. They are finally now reporting that he has a large base of support. He has record approval ratings too. He won by such a huge number because record numbers of people want change. Too often the Democratic press report what they want the reader to believe, not what is accurate. I am real curious to see what happens November 6th.

I need to be clear here though. I don't trust ANY news media outlet anymore. Seemingly all present their own agenda and skew the perception of the conflicting opinion regardless of that conflicts credibility. You know what though, people are beginning to see through the charade in record numbers. It gives me a bit of hope.

I was a Rush and Sean fan for years! I heard Hannity totally get roasted by a little old retired teacher. She was right and proved him wrong. He got so flustered he hung up on her in mid sentence. He was a spoiled brat loser in that event. I lost respect for him as he bashed her without giving voice to her accurate observations. After that I listened a bit differently and noted that as a behavior with he and Rush on a consistent basis. I pay no attention to them now.

Oh, boy. Alternate facts again, huh? I respect your reevaluation of Rush and Sean. I think you need to do just a little more reevaluation, though, hun.

Trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes. Hillary won more votes than any white man in history.

His electoral win was by, I think, less than 200,000 votes in a handful of close states.

His current approval is about 40%.

"Trump's Approval Rating Plunges Amid Wave of Pre-Midterm Violence
Source: Bloomberg

President Donald Trump's job approval rating plunged 4 percentage points last week amid a wave of violence, the latest troubling signal for Republican chances in upcoming midterm elections.

Forty percent of Americans approved of Trump's performance as commander in chief, according to Gallup polling during the week ending Oct. 28. That was down from 44 percent the prior week, an unusually steep decline for the poll, which is based on a survey of 1,500 U.S. adults conducted Monday through Sunday each week.

Some of the polling was done before the attacks. The drop was the sharpest since June 24 -- when Trump's weekly job approval declined to 41 percent from 45 percent the previous week -- amid controversy over his administration's policy of separating families apprehended illegally crossing the U.S. border with Mexico.

A series of mail-bombs to prominent Trump critics and a deadly attack at a Pennsylvania synagogue have stirred criticism of the president's polarizing rhetoric, especially as the November midterm elections approach. Trump has in turn blamed the news media for fomenting public anger and on Monday revived his characterization of the press as the "Enemy of the People."

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-approach "
sally g wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:49 pm
It seems this thread has drifted from the original issue, to discussing U.S. political differences in general.

Oz, I've always respected your stong opinions, but I hope you're not implying that recent tragic events might be condoned by the majority of people that support Trump? The fact that some deranged undividual (with links to supporting Trump) acted in an awful way, should in no way reflect upon others who may share the offender's politics. This is important to remember with regards to the original topic, and the 'alleged' (lawful) activity of a person not here to speak for himself.

Mac, your points seem to make good sense to me, especially your opening paragraph. But I have no in depth knowledge of your nation's politics to feel qualified to comment further.

This might be interesting reading for you both, and especially the passages toward the end. Which make some interesting points about the way white voters felt or are feeling. The phrase 'reaping what you sow' occurred to me whilst reading some of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... o-division
Hot sure about "majority", hun. But I think a ton of them do approve!

They don't seem to be decrying the right wing terror attacks. They seem to be trying to find excuses, diversions, and looking for crazy conspiracy theories. I have come to believe that a huge portion of humans border on sociopathy. They have no empathy or internal morality. :'(

Their morality is from what some authoritarian tells them to hate or fear. That's Cons for ya.

Oh well.
In Love! ♡ ♡ ♡

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:51 pm

OhZone wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:09 pm
Mac wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:04 pm
You know what ...

I was a Rush and Sean fan for years! I heard Hannity totally get roasted by a little old retired teacher. She was right and proved him wrong. He got so flustered he hung up on her in mid sentence. He was a spoiled brat loser in that event. I lost respect for him as he bashed her without giving voice to her accurate observations. After that I listened a bit differently and noted that as a behavior with he and Rush on a consistent basis. I pay no attention to them now.

Oh, boy. Alternate facts again, huh? I respect your reevaluation of Rush and Sean. I think you need to do just a little more reevaluation, though, hun.

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-approach "
sally g wrote:
It seems this thread has drifted from the original issue, to discussing U.S. political differences in general.

Oz, I've always respected your stong opinions, but ...

Mac, your points seem to make good sense to me, especially your opening paragraph. ...

They don't seem to be decrying the right wing terror attacks. They seem to be trying to find excuses, diversions, and looking for crazy conspiracy theories. I have come to believe that a huge portion of humans border on sociopathy. They have no empathy or internal morality. :'(

Their morality is from what some authoritarian tells them to hate or fear. That's Cons for ya.

Oh well.
Reevaluate Trump? Maybe. But not yet! :?:

I do agree with you on your point referring to epidemic socio-pathology! :!: I could relate a ton of stuff from my career.
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:02 pm

OhZone wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:09 pm
sally g wrote:

Oz, I've always respected your stong opinions, but I hope you're not implying that recent tragic events might be condoned by the majority of people that support Trump? The fact that some deranged undividual (with links to supporting Trump) acted in an awful way, should in no way reflect upon others who may share the offender's politics. This is important to remember with regards to the original topic, and the 'alleged' (lawful) activity of a person not here to speak for himself.

Mac, your points seem to make good sense to me, especially your opening paragraph. But I have no in depth knowledge of your nation's politics to feel qualified to comment further.

This might be interesting reading for you both, and especially the passages toward the end. Which make some interesting points about the way white voters felt or are feeling. The phrase 'reaping what you sow' occurred to me whilst reading some of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... o-division

Oh well.
Hi Oz, all noted. But I think there's a danger of misinterpreting groups who aren't as vocal about issues as some, as being somehow complicit or approving. I can't believe ordinary folks whatever their political leanings, aren't as disgusted as everyone else about recent events. We shouldn't make sweeping assumptions about them, just because their politics irritate us. I know you'll disagree of course, but that's as far as I want to go in discussing it.

As you know, I'm more concerned with an attack on an individual, so I'll leave the greater political debate to you and others. So no more tit bits for the troll from me. ;)

OhZone
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by OhZone » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:36 pm

You might not believe it, but there are a lot of Trump Cultists who don't care about it. Otherwise, why are they still voting GOP? I know some personally as well. Some are even making jokes about the victims. :(

I do have to say my Uncle's conservative friend has been watching HLN lately instead of Faux News, though.
In Love! ♡ ♡ ♡

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:22 am

OhZone wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:36 pm
You might not believe it, but there are a lot of Trump Cultists who don't care about it. Otherwise, why are they still voting GOP? I know some personally as well. Some are even making jokes about the victims. :(

I do have to say my Uncle's conservative friend has been watching HLN lately instead of Faux News, though.
????????????? :o
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

Mel Kralc
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Mel Kralc » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 pm

lurkerk wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:40 am
So I checked his facebook and turns out he is a card-carrying Trump cultist.

Drives across the country to attend to those rallies and everything.

Regrettable end to one of SW's first presences on the internet

I never knew it.

RealElric
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by RealElric » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Mel Kralc wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 pm
I never knew it.
You can still see and read some of the storys and pictures
https://web.archive.org/web/20060423100 ... er.com:80/

Mel Kralc
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Mel Kralc » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:11 pm

RealElric wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:02 pm
Mel Kralc wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 pm
I never knew it.
You can still see and read some of the storys and pictures
https://web.archive.org/web/20060423100 ... er.com:80/
Does Minimizer talk about Trump on the old board?

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Mel Kralc wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:11 pm
The Minimizer forum doesn't exist anymore, it went down a few years back and before Trump was elected (the link posted is just an archive of Min's page).

As far as I know he never commented on his politics back then, which are his own business in any case.

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:18 pm

sally g wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:20 pm
Mel Kralc wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:11 pm
The Minimizer forum doesn't exist anymore, it went down a few years back and before Trump was elected (the link posted is just an archive of Min's page).

As far as I know he never commented on his politics back then, which are his own business in any case.
I agree! It was weird to go on the link and see the old sight. I didn't see any reference to the Donald there.
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:13 am

Mac wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:18 pm
I agree! It was weird to go on the link and see the old sight. I didn't see any reference to the Donald there.
You wouldn't be able to even if there were any references. The link from the "Wayback machine" only archives what it can and the old Minimizer SW forum itself is inaccessible (as yet anyway).

But the main point is of course, why the hell should anyone's political leanings matter on a fetish site. Or indeed, why should they be of any concern to the users who have happily consumed the works of Minimizer as their fap worthy material.

Enuff said as far as I'm concerned.

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:44 am

sally g wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:13 am
Mac wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:18 pm
You wouldn't be able to even if there were any references. The link from the "Wayback machine" only archives what it can and the old Minimizer SW forum itself is inaccessible (as yet anyway).

But the main point is of course, why the hell should anyone's political leanings matter on a fetish site. Or indeed, why should they be of any concern to the users who have happily consumed the works of Minimizer as their fap worthy material.

Enuff said as far as I'm concerned.
Lol!! So true! As usual my dear your sage wisdom is very much appreciated! Grins and hugs from your favorite lil pink pig! ;)
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!

TheBigG
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by TheBigG » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:43 pm

I’m Australian there for I don’t surport anyone