Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Post by rscholar » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:43 am

*Thanks to a poster from GiantessCity*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyDg04x1W0

Trailer for the upcoming Prime show involving an academy that trains supers dealing with a murder. At around :42, there's an extremely small woman - maybe an inch or so tall - trying to run away but getting caught under a plastic cup.

There's been some speculation on who she is and what her role will be. Piecing together some other scenes from the trailer, she's either a witness or directly involved in the murder, as her tiny yellow shoe appears near a drain at the crime scene (:12) and an investigator picks up the shoe with tweezers (:15). Also, is she an actual Supe who can shrink or was she somehow shrunk by someone else? Is she a recurring character or, like several people in The Boys universe, is she a temporary character who dies horribly?

Love to know if anyone has any ideas. The show premieres in 2023.

norlakte3rd
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Post by norlakte3rd » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:52 am

rscholar wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:43 am
*Thanks to a poster from GiantessCity*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyDg04x1W0

Trailer for the upcoming Prime show involving an academy that trains supers dealing with a murder. At around :42, there's an extremely small woman - maybe an inch or so tall - trying to run away but getting caught under a plastic cup.

There's been some speculation on who she is and what her role will be. Piecing together some other scenes from the trailer, she's either a witness or directly involved in the murder, as her tiny yellow shoe appears near a drain at the crime scene (:12) and an investigator picks up the shoe with tweezers (:15). Also, is she an actual Supe who can shrink or was she somehow shrunk by someone else? Is she a recurring character or, like several people in The Boys universe, is she a temporary character who dies horribly?

Love to know if anyone has any ideas. The show premieres in 2023.
Now this looks awesome! I'm hoping she's a regular girl who's been permanently shrunk against her will, and will end up becoming a recurring character 😁

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:38 am

Oh wow, even if it's just a one shot, there's a lot of possibilities. Thanks for sharing!

Also, might be a bit of a stretch, but couldn't she be the same girl at 0:18? It's hard to tell but it looks like she's wearing the same tank top (only drenched in blood), and maybe it's my overactive imagination but it looks like she could be stading right inside the drain, looking up.

Don't mind my poor MS Paint skills:

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:45 am

Too much grotesque body horror stuff for my taste.

PickUpArtist

Post by PickUpArtist » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:56 pm

With countless Marvel, DC and other superhero movies or shows over the past dozen years, I think it's kinda criminal we've not seen one single instance of a classic handheld. I mean, WTF? The cover of Fantastic Four #1 famously had Sue in the grip of the giant thing in the street.

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrinky » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:29 am

PickUpArtist wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:56 pm
With countless Marvel, DC and other superhero movies or shows over the past dozen years, I think it's kinda criminal we've not seen one single instance of a classic handheld. I mean, WTF? The cover of Fantastic Four #1 famously had Sue in the grip of the giant thing in the street.
To borrow a quote from Chris Gore, "it's studio malpractice."

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:18 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:38 am
Oh wow, even if it's just a one shot, there's a lot of possibilities. Thanks for sharing!

Also, might be a bit of a stretch, but couldn't she be the same girl at 0:18? It's hard to tell but it looks like she's wearing the same tank top (only drenched in blood), and maybe it's my overactive imagination but it looks like she could be stading right inside the drain, looking up.
It's possible, but the tank top on the bloody girl looks yellow not blue, and also, her hair is cropped short and is black, while the running girl's is light brown and far more voluminous.

Either way, I can't wait to find out what's really going on in that 1 second scene...

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:31 pm

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:18 am
It's possible, but the tank top on the bloody girl looks yellow not blue, and also, her hair is cropped short and is black, while the running girl's is light brown and far more voluminous.

Either way, I can't wait to find out what's really going on in that 1 second scene...
Right... looking at it, I thought it was because of all the blood and gore but it's not the same colour at all. Bummer.
shrinky wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:29 am
To borrow a quote from Chris Gore, "it's studio malpractice."
You're talking about the "no-shrinking-girls-because-sexism!" policy? It would explain the percentage of GTS vs SW content...

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:33 pm

I took a closer look at the one second view of the bloody girl from overhead, and she seems to be standing in liquid (visible below her and to the left) which is probably supposed to be a pool of blood. Upper right of her though, there is something metallic, which I suppose COULD be the edge of a drain that she has fallen into. Perhaps a killer is shrinking people and stuffing them into a garbage disposal? Ewww...

BigBoy
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by BigBoy » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:04 pm

This is amazing!
I hope that woman was shrunk by a man.
Including lots of handheld and teasing scenes.
I want her to be really helpless one :)

Sumguy14
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Sumguy14 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:01 pm

From an article on Collider:

"One supe has the power to shrink ala Honey, I Shrunk The Kids and promptly gets trapped inside a plastic cup. There is no limit to the craziness that can happen in this gory but fun college romp."

In my initial research about the show's plot, that is the only comment I've found relevant to our interests. On the general up side, I've enjoyed the first three seasons of the main show. Holding out hope Gen V delivers.
Neat!

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:43 am

This has high potential to be awesome. I'll be on the lookout. If we get quality real-life studio-level SW scenes, that would be a bit of a dream.

But I'm not letting my hopes up, because last season the shrinking stuff was just for gore and truly distasteful. So I'm wary
I make SW 2D hand-drawn animations, manga and comics (F/f) :-D, please check them out on my Gumroad: https://swanims.gumroad.com

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:54 am

Seeing as you eventually see her tiny shoe next to a drain, later being examined by what looks like a forensic analyst, my guess is she will meet a grisly end (sigh).

scidram
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by scidram » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:25 pm

Either she meets the grisly end OR the forensic investigator who finds the show knows that the tiny woman is a person of interest. We shall see because, face it, we're all gonna watch and hope for lots of shrinking shenanigans.

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:51 am

So thanks in part to another Giantesscity poster, there's some new info:

-The character, Emma Shaw, played by Lizzie Broadway, is a main character.
-She is a Supe.
-She *IS* the girl covered in blood looking up (I guess the blood dulled her blonde hair?).

https://the-boys.fandom.com/wiki/Emma_S ... %20Gen%20V.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/LizzieBroad ... htag_click

https://movizark.com/2022/09/20/gen-v-n ... ck-it-out/

https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/15 ... -it-out%2F

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:59 pm

rscholar wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:51 am
-The character, Emma Shaw, played by Lizzie Broadway, is a main character.
-She is a Supe.
-She *IS* the girl covered in blood looking up (I guess the blood dulled her blonde hair?).
A main character, yes! So I was right, and yeah I figured all the blood would change the colour of her clothes and hair. I'm also pretty sure she's in the drain in that trailer shot.

So if that's really the case, then either her power IS shrinking, or... she gets shrunk by someone / something, probably against her will. After she's tiny, she's captured, but somehow manages to escape (probably through the drain), losing one of her shoes in the process.

Makes senses?

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:56 am

How did her hair get cut, though? It's clearly long in the cup scene, and then cut really short for the blood scene.

Maybe it's from two different episodes. Either way, yay for mainstream SW!

Nropyub
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Nropyub » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:11 pm

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:56 am
How did her hair get cut, though? It's clearly long in the cup scene, and then cut really short for the blood scene.

Maybe it's from two different episodes. Either way, yay for mainstream SW!
If you zoom in, I think it looks like her hair is pulled back and matted by the blood.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon May 29, 2023 7:07 pm

Earlier this month, the Fall 2023 release window has been confirmed:
AND SO IT BEGINS. #GenV coming Fall 2023. Website link below. (Trailer, premiere date, all of it being diligently worked on. It'll be worth the wait. Hold onto your dicks & vaginas). #TheBoys #TheBoysTV
@TheBoysTV @genv
https://twitter.com/therealKripke/statu ... 5423793152

Hopefully we'll get a full trailer before September (most likely August), and see more of shrinking Supe / YouTube influencer Emma Shaw.

Zecacizeiro

Post by Zecacizeiro » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:03 am

Is there anyone else that thinks Starlight is the shrunken girl in the trailer? On instagram, her acrress has the exaclty same screenshot of the bloody girl looking up…

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:25 pm

No, it’s not her. She just posted the Gen V trailer on her feed

vash!!!
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by vash!!! » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:04 pm

Firewall
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Firewall » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:20 pm

vash!!! wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:04 pm
So the new trailer is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmkLMXN ... PrimeVideo
Our lovely little lady shows up in this for a SHORT bit. I get the feeling she won't get a lot of screen time this season but will probably a lot more if people respond well to her character. It's nice to see SW getting the mainstream spotlight for a bit again.

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:27 pm

vash!!! wrote:
I love her already! Obviously there's so much they could do with her and I can't help feel her cheery intro possibly points to her becoming the "kill the fun one to raise the stakes" sacrifice within a season or so, but I'd be happy with some more makeshift tiny living arrangements like her toy boxing ring and maybe a quip or two about when she first discovered her powers.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:01 pm

vash!!! wrote:
Yeah from this trailer I get a feeling the SW is getting the axe pretty early in the season. That tiny yellow shoe drenched in blood being examined doesn't bode well. I just hope we get a few cool scenes (trying to keep my expectations in check here).
Last edited by foreverlurk on Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.