Tinkerbell casted for live-action 'Peter Pan and Wendy' movie

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Tinkerbell casted for live-action 'Peter Pan and Wendy' movie

Post by Little Sally » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:47 am

Bobascher wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:35 am
Little Sally wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:25 am
Bobascher wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:08 am

Traditionally she was a spot light on a wall in a theater. She has only been a blonde humanoid in Disney tradition. Remember Julia Roberts played her in Hook as a brunette.
Thank you Bob I wasn't aware of that. But I think most people who aren't complete nerds on the subject think of her as a little (animated film) blonde.
I think most people who aren’t completely trying to be rosy on the matter realize that those complaining don’t care about her hair as much as her skin. See all the complaints about Halle Berry playing Ariel with red hair.

And yes, I will take “complete nerd” as a compliment.
Lol! I was about to make an edit and absolve myself of suggesting you're a "complete" nerd, and that nerd is in no way a derogatory term. But seeing as you're happy with it, it doesn't matter. :D

As for the other thing, I'm not suggesting some might not think that way, but I prefer to be fair and not make assumptions of people's motives. Text can be a dangerous tool and can often be misinterpreted (or misunderstood).
sally g, reincarnated.

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:32 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:47 am
Lol! I was about to make an edit and absolve myself of suggesting you're a "complete" nerd, and that nerd is in no way a derogatory term. But seeing as you're happy with it, it doesn't matter. :D

As for the other thing, I'm not suggesting some might not think that way, but I prefer to be fair and not make assumptions of people's motives. Text can be a dangerous tool and can often be misinterpreted (or misunderstood).
I will always and forever accept a Little Sally edit! They are precious as gold and just as rare!

I used to appreciate the mindset of giving people the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I’m jaded living in today’s America but I just can’t when it comes to race issues :/

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:22 pm

Bobascher wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:32 pm
Little Sally wrote:

I will always and forever accept a Little Sally edit! They are precious as gold and just as rare!

I used to appreciate the mindset of giving people the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I’m jaded living in today’s America but I just can’t when it comes to race issues :/
:D Agreed! :D

(image back in the archive)
Last edited by Little Sally on Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sally g, reincarnated.

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:50 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:22 pm
Bobascher wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:32 pm
Little Sally wrote:

:D Agreed! :D
The best magic!

ROGU3_20
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ROGU3_20 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:50 am

two recently new trailers and footages have been released in the movie around last week and 2 days ago.
I'll admit, I wasn't expecting a lot of Tinker Bell footage this time (compared to what we got before) but it a good welcome.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:00 am

ROGU3_20 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:50 am
two recently new trailers and footages have been released in the movie around last week and 2 days ago.
Ah, beat me to it! "I don't think that's a bug!"... nice grab and handheld scenes, I hope there's more.

Here are the links:

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-5sVX7MRj8

Featurette:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_wwamyl4w4

ROGU3_20
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ROGU3_20 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:32 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:00 am
ROGU3_20 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:50 am
Ah, beat me to it! "I don't think that's a bug!"... nice grab and handheld scenes, I hope there's more.
my favorite was when the kid grabbed Tink while she's in the middle of making wendy float.

ROGU3_20
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ROGU3_20 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:56 am

a new clip focusing on tinker bell just got released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDsj-OjR4GU

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:49 am

Bobascher wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:35 am
Little Sally wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:25 am
Bobascher wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:08 am

Traditionally she was a spot light on a wall in a theater. She has only been a blonde humanoid in Disney tradition. Remember Julia Roberts played her in Hook as a brunette.
Thank you Bob I wasn't aware of that. But I think most people who aren't complete nerds on the subject think of her as a little (animated film) blonde.
I think most people who aren’t completely trying to be rosy on the matter realize that those complaining don’t care about her hair as much as her skin. See all the complaints about Halle Berry playing Ariel with red hair.

And yes, I will take “complete nerd” as a compliment.
Just like The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan is fictional fantasy, so Tinkerbell could be purple for all most people care. Look at most fairy art.....they are usually ghostly white, blue, yellow or any other color and no one complains. I think people, even a lot of progressive people, are getting tired of "first _______" getting rammed down our throats every day. Just cast the actress and let her talent sell herself.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:23 pm

I just skimmed over the movie and there's not a lot of Tinkerbell scenes.

The handheld from the trailer is a bit longer and really well done (love the way she lands on Wendy's hand). There's also a cute scene of her next to miniature toy soldiers, she gets angry about Wendy's comment on her size, and knocks one of the toy soldier down:

There's also a short perspective shot when Wendy picks up an object near Tink, she steps back as the giant hand startles her:

These look better in motion (should make some GIFs later), but the whole movie is so ridiculously dark I can't enjoy it... upped the exposure on those screenshots. The vignetting is so strong I thought my TV was having problems!

ROGU3_20
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ROGU3_20 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:20 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:23 pm
I just skimmed over the movie and there's not a lot of Tinkerbell scenes.

The handheld from the trailer is a bit longer and really well done (love the way she lands on Wendy's hand). There's also a cute scene of her next to miniature toy soldiers, she gets angry about Wendy's comment on her size, and knocks one of the toy soldier down:

There's also a short perspective shot when Wendy picks up an object near Tink, she steps back as the giant hand startles her:

These look better in motion (should make some GIFs later), but the whole movie is so ridiculously dark I can't enjoy it... upped the exposure on those screenshots. The vignetting is so strong I thought my TV was having problems!
i enjoyed the movie regardless. all in all i like that tink got to interact with others. the one where she was shoving wendy's hand with the needle is adorably funny to me.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:47 am

ROGU3_20 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:20 am
i enjoyed the movie regardless. all in all i like that tink got to interact with others. the one where she was shoving wendy's hand with the needle is adorably funny to me.
True, that scene was nice, we really can't be too picky about SW content. Still, the "artistic" darkness sucks (in all movies):

https://www.polygon.com/23661749/why-mo ... matography