Elizabeth Banks to Star in "The Miniature Wife"

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Elizabeth Banks to Star in "The Miniature Wife"

Post by Little Sally » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:40 pm
Then again, I'm not expecting too much but just a nice handheld would be wonderful.
Just in case we have to wait (and I even curbed my size preferences just for you!) :D

And perhaps a better view here: https://www.deviantart.com/stash/0enhbana7qt
Last edited by Little Sally on Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sally g, reincarnated.

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 pm
foreverlurk wrote:
Then again, I'm not expecting too much but just a nice handheld would be wonderful.
Just in case we have to wait (and I even curbed my size preferences just for you!) :D

That is an AMAZING pic!!!

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Thank you, that's very kind and I love it so much!

I'm keeping my expectations low but this would be sooo good.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm

Aussie_Lurker wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 pm
That is an AMAZING pic!!!
foreverlurk wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 pm

Thanks Aussie and Forever, it's a fun idea isn't it (and thanks to Elizabeth for just the right amount of sass!) :D

I really hope we'll get something similar when the show appears.
sally g, reincarnated.

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 pm

I hope the moment of shrinking is really intense. That first interaction is the pièce de résistance for me.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:37 pm

Bobascher wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 pm
I hope the moment of shrinking is really intense. That first interaction is the pièce de résistance for me.
(image)

sally g, reincarnated.

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 pm

Little Sally wrote:
foreverlurk wrote:
This is getting me so stoked. Really nice pic!! It's a shame that media seems to shy away from anything bigger than an an inch or two. Here's hoping they ignore the 3 inch limit and grab a tall coffee mug.
Bobascher wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 pm
Could not agree more. If anyone can pull this off with the realism and enthusiasm it requires, it's Elizabeth Banks. She's got serious range and acting talent, and as others have pointed out, a penchant for the absurd. I'm reminded of Zack & Miri where she's thrust into an unfamiliar world, and reacts with very believable honesty and humor.

She was actually cast as Ms. Frizzle for a live-action remake that never was, so who knows, this may even be a passion piece for her. But I know that's a stretch, and don't want to speculate.

scidram
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by scidram » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 pm

Sally & Bob,

Thanks for those pics and for whetting our appetite for however long we'll have to wait!

It's got an IMDB page now, with this great description: "A technological accident serves as a catalyst for Lindy and Les, a married couple, to re-evaluate their relationship's power dynamics, leading to a dramatic showdown as they vie for control in their marriage."

Can I say again that I can't wait? I think I have to.

I CAN'T WAIT!

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 pm

I can't wait, either! No release date on the page, has anyone seen anything about a timeline? And forgot to say, that's a great picture, too, Bob!

Who are you ?
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Who are you ? » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:42 pm

I wonder how the special effects people in Hollywood have reacted to the last three years with AI. Today, almost anyone can generate anything at home, so the special effects (and of course the story) have to step up a gear so that no one at home says ... "I could have done that".
ImageImage

(two different image hosts now, one should work)
Last edited by Who are you ? on Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:16 pm

Who are you ? wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:42 pm
I wonder how the special effects people in Hollywood have reacted to the last three years with AI. Today, almost anyone can generate anything at home, so the special effects (and of course the story) have to step up a gear so that no one at home says ... "I could have done that".

Your image links might be broken Who.
Jeebus wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 pm
I can't wait, either! No release date on the page, has anyone seen anything about a timeline? And forgot to say, that's a great picture, too, Bob!
Likely since they just gave the greenlight, 2nd half of 2025 to 2026 probably.

MollySmalls
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by MollySmalls » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:41 pm

Amazing work on the Elizabeth Banks SW content. It's almost surreal how incredible of an SW she makes, and the fact that we are actually getting something like this. Given modern day SFX, It just might be some of the best content the community has ever gotten.

After reading the mini-story several times, a few things have come to mind. First off, the storywriters of the Peacock series will have some work to do, to fill out the storyline and make it more interesting for viewers. Some ideas that came to mind that could possibly be implemented (granted this is all dubious speculation and wishful thinking), would be to paint the husband under a bad light, making the viewer sympathize with the shrunken wife and her perspective. One way they could do that would be to write in a flirtatious "friend of the family", a woman who has a thing for the husband and jumps in when she finds out Elizabeth's character is shrunken. Sparking an all out war between not only the husband, but the woman as well. Interaction between the two would be hostile, if the mistress ever catches the shrunken wife. Or if the wife seeks revenge while the woman is at the house, like setting traps for her, putting things in her shoes to step on etc.

The way most narratives are nowadays, I believe they will make the husband seem very chauvinistic, and find ways to empower the wife. One thing is for sure, the writers of the series have a lot of screen adaptation ahead of them. Which direction they choose will be interesting to see play out.

ensmallen
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ensmallen » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:12 pm

They could make the husband a serial shrinker. Flesh out his backstory, he had a troubled childhood, he became a scientist because science gave him the power to fix things and get them the way he couldn't as a kid. Shrinking the wife is just his last desperate attempt to fix his marriage, what does he do if it stays unfixed? Try again with someone else, only he's shifted his fixation from getting relationships right, to getting shrinking women and turning them into compliant pets right.

Firewall
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Firewall » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:51 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 pm
Little Sally wrote:

I'm also going to keep my expectations low. Though Gen V did show that SW can be something we can have more of on the big and small screens. With that said, I'm going to keep the mind set of MJ from the latest Spider-Man movies until we get some footage: Expect disappointment and you'll never be disappointed.