Grounded

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
gundam
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Grounded

Post by gundam » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Apparently, a game is going to come out next spring on Xbox one and Pc involving a shrunken kids survival open world rpg. Interesting

https://kotaku.com/obsidian-s-next-game ... 1839858401

lbh
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Grounded

Post by lbh » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Fun fact, Grounded was going to be the original title of "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" :)

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:40 am

Years ago I contributed to the game Smalland which was also build on this premise. My hope that it will get released has all but disappeared though

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:38 am

Bobascher wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:40 am
Years ago I contributed to the game Smalland which was also build on this premise. My hope that it will get released has all but disappeared though
I heard of that. Seems that game got abandoned, though. Oh well, this'll do.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:04 pm

If you're interested, the game's demo / early access has been released and there's a couple of videos on youtube with gameplay. Shrinking theme aside, it looks fun!

gundam
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gundam » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:42 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:04 pm
If you're interested, the game's demo / early access has been released and there's a couple of videos on youtube with gameplay. Shrinking theme aside, it looks fun!
Well I snagged the demo so I'll try it out and let you all know.

minitizer
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by minitizer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:40 am

Tried the demo. Pretty fun so far, but there is a 30 minute timer, it resets if you load a new game though.

I reckon I'll get it when it comes out for early access next month. The spiders are legit terrifying though.

gundam
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gundam » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:43 pm

minitizer wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:40 am
Tried the demo. Pretty fun so far, but there is a 30 minute timer, it resets if you load a new game though.

I reckon I'll get it when it comes out for early access next month. The spiders are legit terrifying though.
Yeah they even have a skip function for those with arachnophobia. You have to spend a good time sprinting to really get things done with the time limit so it gives you a great reference to how massive the field is. All the crafting and environmental effects of your body remind me of Fallout Vegas on hard mode

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:03 pm

Looks like they're making a TV series out of the game...

"The series, which exists in the same universe as the game, follows four friends, who the summer before high school, plan “big things” to elevate their social standing, but their plans are upended when they stumble upon shrinking technology that makes them two inches tall. Now the four shrunken friends must learn to survive in a towering backyard that’s a jungle full of enormous predators and hiding a vast corporate conspiracy threatening their entire town."

https://deadline.com/2022/07/xbox-video ... 235064968/

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:27 pm

Predators like bugs, frogs and reptiles, most likely.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:04 pm

kira123 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:27 pm
Probably, but they can't have the show be ONLY about "surviving while tiny", there has to be some interaction with normal sized humans down the line (hopefully).

Also, I don't know if it's a mistake but the articles say "'two inches tall", but in the game, they're about half an inch tall.

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrinky » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:20 pm

No process :(

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:01 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:04 pm
kira123 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:27 pm
Probably, but they can't have the show be ONLY about "surviving while tiny", there has to be some interaction with normal sized humans down the line (hopefully).

Also, I don't know if it's a mistake but the articles say "'two inches tall", but in the game, they're about half an inch tall.
2 inches tall, that's like the size of a pink eraser or something, isn't it?

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:33 pm

shrinky wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:20 pm
Uh, how do you know there won't be any? anyway this isn't The Process Forum, we can post size content even if it doesn't have "process", right?
kira123 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:01 pm
2 inches tall, that's like the size of a pink eraser or something, isn't it?
Yup, still 4 times bigger than in-game...

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:01 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:33 pm
Uh, how do you know there won't be any? anyway this isn't The Process Forum, we can post size content even if it doesn't have "process", right?
Absolutely! But thank goodness we don't have too many on here obsessed with the so called "process".

And if some are here and crave for it, then they know where to find it on that weird and wacky site that caters for their tastes. :(
sally g, reincarnated.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:10 am

Little Sal wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:01 pm
foreverlurk wrote:
Absolutely! But thank goodness we don't have too many on here obsessed with the so called "process".

And if some are here and crave for it, then they know where to find it on that weird and wacky site that caters for their tastes. :(
I mean as long as there are size comparisons, that's all that matters right?

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:54 am

I haven't been on the Process Production forums in a long time. Not much has changed over there. It's all the same thing, mostly focusing on Giantesses. I feel like the Giantess City gang took over that site too now, and I didn't notice it.

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrinky » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:20 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
shrinky wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:20 pm
I didn't mean to suggest that I think you shouldn't post anything for any reason. I was just expressing my disappointment. While I don't 'know' what the content will be, all info I can find about the game suggests that the shrinkees simply 'wake up' shrunk. That's a huge disappointment to me, that's all I'm trying to say.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:04 am

shrinky wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:20 pm
I didn't mean to suggest that I think you shouldn't post anything for any reason. I was just expressing my disappointment. While I don't 'know' what the content will be, all info I can find about the game suggests that the shrinkees simply 'wake up' shrunk. That's a huge disappointment to me, that's all I'm trying to say.
Fair enough, and based on recent content I'd say you probably have the right attitude (ie. expect disappointment), but let's hope for the best

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:24 pm

Don't know if the TV series will follow some or none of the game's plot, but here is a video showcasing the main storyline :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVriwuPNsEY

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:23 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:24 pm
Don't know if the TV series will follow some or none of the game's plot, but here is a video showcasing the main storyline :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVriwuPNsEY
So this isn't just a 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids' story. Its a 'Dr. Cyclops' scenario?

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:54 am

It's "Honey I shrunk the Kids' but with more insects to deal with and a mixed survival elements.
:?: Mysterious Stranger :?:

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:14 pm

SWS33K3R776 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:54 am
It's "Honey I shrunk the Kids' but with more insects to deal with and a mixed survival elements.
I already know that. I only said that because of that link to that cutscene with that doctor there.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:50 pm

Don't read below if you don't want spoilers for this game

In 1990, Pete, Max, Willow, and Hoops are the latest four teenagers in a string of disappearances. The teens wake up to find themselves shrunken down to the size of a small insect and trapped in a backyard, but have no memory of how they were shrunk or how they ended up in the yard.

As the teens explore the yard, they come across recordings left behind by a scientist named Dr. Wendell Tully, who invented the SPAC.R, which can shrink objects and people. The teens discover that they are in fact in Dr. Tully's backyard and find the SPAC.R. However, the device malfunctions and causes an explosion in a nearby oak tree. The teens head over to investigate the explosion and find an entire miniature lab built inside of the tree. Inside, they find Dr. Tully's robotic assistant, BURG.L. Unfortunately, the explosion damaged BURG.L's memory, so it cannot help them repair the SPAC.R until the teens recover its memory backup chips stored in Dr. Tully's labs scattered across his backyard. Despite its memory loss, BURG.L assists the teens by providing them blueprints and knowledge on how to survive in the wilderness and defend themselves from hostile insects.

As the teens locate Dr. Tully's labs and recover the memory chips, they also begin to recover their memories, and recall that they were kidnapped and experimented on by a company called Ominent. Once they were shrunk and the experiments were complete, the project's leader Director Dalton Schmector ordered the teens to be disposed of. However, one of the scientists took pity on the teens and secretly smuggled them into Dr. Tully's backyard, as he is the only person that can help them. BURG.L recovers its memories and explains that a side effect of using the SPAC.R is a condition called Raisining Syndrome, where the shrinking process goes out of control and the person suffering from it eventually shrivels up like a raisin. Ominent was experimenting on children since they appeared to be immune to the effects of Raisining Syndrome, and managed to find a cure. However, Ominent still has been unable to replicate Dr. Tully's secret Embiggening Formula, which is needed to reverse the shrinking process.

BURG.L sends the teens to Dr. Tully's last known location. They find a recording left by him explaining that he had begun to suffer the effects of Raisining Syndrome and retreated to an underground lab in an effort to find a cure. The teens head into the lab and find Dr. Tully barely being kept alive by a life support pod. Dr. Tully further explains that Schmector used to be his supervisor before he left the company to work on the SPAC.R, and is angry that Ominent already built their own version. Seeing the predicament the teens are in, Dr. Tully instructs them on how to formulate the Embiggening Formula. However, Dr. Tully also warns the teens that once they start mixing the formula, Ominent will become aware of it and send their army of mind controlled insects to attack. The teens then have the choice of going ahead with the mixing process or confront Schmector's surveillance robot first. If the robot is defeated, the teens will recover a disk containing all of Ominent's research data, including a cure for the Raisining Syndrome.

The teens then mix the Embiggening Formula and reactivate the SPAC.R to return to normal size. However, the ending depends on whether they confronted Schmector or not.

* If the teens did not confront Schmector, then they will have no evidence to prove any of Ominent's wrongdoing. Schmector reveals the SPAC.R to the public and takes all of the credit for its invention. The teens try to return to their normal lives despite being accused of faking their disappearances, while Tully reunites with his family but remains in his shriveled form.

* If the teens confronted Schmector and recovered his research data, then they turn it in to the authorities, and both Ominent and Schmector are put under investigation for illegal human experimentation. The teens are hailed as heroes and Dr. Tully is cured of his Raisining Syndrome and is recognized for his invention of the SPAC.R.