Rose Parade King Kong

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
_PickUp_Artist

Rose Parade King Kong

Post by _PickUp_Artist » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:20 am

Anyone remember the King Kong rose parade floats, with the live girl struggling in his grip? Once stumbled on an article from the 1987 float that talked about the actress they got, who told stories of always wanting to be picked up in a giant hand, how she'd pretend to be Fay Wray when she was a kid, etc.

Weirdly, there''re virtually no pics or videos of any of the Kong floats, beyond just one I keep finding. If anyone stumbles on them, or has them recorded, let me know! Thanks.

johno0023
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Re: Rose Parade King Kong

Post by johno0023 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:24 am

I do remember hearing about the King Kong Rose parade floats but I can't seem to find any footage of them. I did read an article about the actress from the 87 King Kong float. Her name was Cezanne Trimble and she had some roles in soap operas. She talked about how she was a huge King Kong fan and always dreamed about being carried off in the clutches of the giant ape. She also said she practiced kicking and screaming for her big debut she sounds like my kind of gal!!! Also I found some info on another King Kong float from the 90s that featured an anamotronic King Kong with a woman screaming in his hand. I can't find any info on who the woman was. Supposedly the UW Wisconsin cheerleading squad posed for some photos with the Kong float and a couple of the cheerleaders sat in Kong's hand. I sure would like to find some pictures or footage of these floats.