Lily Collins to play Polly Pocket in the movie adaptation

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Lily Collins to play Polly Pocket in the movie adaptation

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:31 pm

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/len ... sion=true
“Emily in Paris” star Lily Collins will put her own spin on Polly, and will produce the film in addition to playing the title role.
The film will center on a young girl and a pocket-sized woman who form a friendship.
At least we have a backup in case the Barbie movie lacks in Tiny moments.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Lily Collins to play Polly Pocket in the movie adaptation

Post by foreverlurk » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:49 pm

Oh, nice!

Wonder if there's gonna be any shrinking process involved, or if she's just going to be tiny from the start...

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:29 am

So this will be Polly as an adult? Sounds interesting. I guess Lily will be dying her hair blonde for the role, she is normally very dark haired.

user241
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by user241 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:23 am

Every time I hear about a potential new tiny movie, I get excited, and then immediately realize there's going to be ABSOLUTELY NO EROTIC STUFF involved.

They probably believe in some insanely stupid stuff like "A TiNY CAn nEveR giVe cOnSeNT BecaUse SIZE DIffereNcE meaNs thEy'RE In a LOw PosiTioN" (no pun intended), as if every G/t duo (ESPECIALLY the M/f ones) are the equivalent of the CEO and the office worker, or the teacher and the student etc. etc. Or at the very least, they fear a tw@tter hate mob that will use such reasons.

It sucks that SW microphilia is so rarely accepted in mainstream society...

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:32 am

user241 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:23 am
I get why you're upset.

There's been a lot of discussion here on this topic, but yes in general giantess are more socially acceptable than SW. It's simply more popular and mainstream, just look at the mini-giantess Lady Dimitrescu in the latest Resident Evil game (Twitter really went crazy for her), or the ratio of F/m stuff out there. I don't know if it's because of the reasons you stated, but it would make sense.

I don't think it's something that's going to change overnight, sadly. As for the erotic stuff, well it depends... I don't think Disney intended Alice shrinking out of her clothes to be erotic, otherwise the movie wouldn't be PG. But yet, here we are.

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:12 am

user241 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:23 am
Every time I hear about a potential new tiny movie, I get excited, and then immediately realize there's going to be ABSOLUTELY NO EROTIC STUFF involved.

They probably believe in some insanely stupid stuff like "A TiNY CAn nEveR giVe cOnSeNT BecaUse SIZE DIffereNcE meaNs thEy'RE In a LOw PosiTioN" (no pun intended), as if every G/t duo (ESPECIALLY the M/f ones) are the equivalent of the CEO and the office worker, or the teacher and the student etc. etc. Or at the very least, they fear a tw@tter hate mob that will use such reasons.

No erotic stuff is fine by me, I've never really been into the erotic SW stuff that much. I just prefer some nice interaction like handhelds or being played with like a doll. But I do agree that SW is rarely accepted. We really get screwed for content. It annoys me that GTS seems more popular, to the point where they "steal" our SW characters, like the Wasp becoming Giant Girl or Shrinking Violet becoming LeVIathan. They have plenty of their own content without having to steal ours.

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:58 pm

^it seems that is because there are simply more people of all genders that are into large women. Polls at SizeCon reinforce that. Supporting them is this false narrative that by imagining the woman large is in some way more feminist because they are celebrating the feme and putting a woman in a position of extreme power. They view shrinking women as objectifying women and leaving them in their traditional gentrified roles.

My response to them is that this is all a fantasy. How I act in the real world is completely different than how I fantasize (which is why even if I had a shrink ray right now, and someone was begging me to shrink them, I likely would not). Further, GTS art often objectifies the woman as much, or more, than SW can. Masked collager did an excellent story showing this during CruelJan20 SizeRiot called "Feat of Strength". It is worth the read - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_tp ... vn7ao/edit

That is not an excuse, though, for either SW or GTS in how women in the community are treated. There is a lot of room for improvement in accepting art and other content written from the perspective of the woman's voice. For instance, in a lot of places vulvas can be shown in the art without much backlash. Penii cannot. I have often experienced art that I make that is made from the woman's eyes being reported, or some other adverse response. Some people need to learn to just move along if it isn't the content they like instead of expecting someone to change their art to suit the tastes of the viewer. Frankly, that was part of the reason I stopped posting to this board, and there are other places like GiantessCity that are even more toxic.

This hasn't even begun to discuss the challenges to non-binary individuals. Where are all the shrunken enbys at?

Back to the point of the thread - user241 is absolutely right that there will be no erotic content in this movie. NONE. So don't pretend there will be, harass the people that make this movie in some vain attempt to make this pipe dream true. Don't email or message Lily Collins. We have had other great projects RUINED by people of the size community because they are too thirsty. THIS IS A KIDS MOVIE. Accept it as it is or move on. If you want an erotic shrinking movie, then pay one of the fantastic creators in the community for their work or, better yet, put on your creative hat and make it yourself. There is always room for another great creator in the community and I believe that every person reading this has that capability.

/soapbox

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:11 pm

Expecting ero stuff in this kind of film is ridiculous. What I'm hoping for is some actual G/t interactions, handhelds, and some clever special effects that might give us something to look forward to in a more adult film/series.
"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:56 am

jeffrey-dallas wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:11 pm
Expecting ero stuff in this kind of film is ridiculous. What I'm hoping for is some actual G/t interactions, handhelds, and some clever special effects that might give us something to look forward to in a more adult film/series.
Indeed, but we can still hope for a surprise...an unintentionally intriguing scene that we can interpret appropriately. A good example is in Ant-Man and the Wasp when Scott's suit is malfunctioning and he grows to mini-giant size in the school. There is a great blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot of Hope climbing up onto him to fix his regulator and she looks about 1/4th his size. If you freeze the right frame and let your imagination go, you can easily imagine her little hands are heading somewhere else entirely...

user241
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by user241 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:17 pm

My apologies everyone. I read Lily Collins as the titular SW character and immediately thought it would be some kind of dark Netflix movie that would have excellent potential for erotic SW stuff but of course they wouldn't have any for all of the absolute BS reasons those studio execs believe in...

I'd completely forgotten that Polly Pocket is inherently a Barbie-style toy movie: adult as the toy human, but a kid is the normal human – a.k.a. a kids movie – so it would be absolutely horrible to feature any erotic stuff here.

But as Dr. Minimizer said, I hope there's still some intriguing parts (like Polly and an adult, maybe the kid's dad?) that can be interesting.

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Wanting to see lots of this...

and this...

and this...
"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:13 pm

Nothing really new to report, but I've found this interesting update from last October :

https://movieweb.com/lena-dunham-polly- ... y-collins/
Dunham told The Hollywood Reporter that she is currently finishing a second draft of the script and teased some early details about the film's plot, saying, "we have a lot of fun with the idea of what happens when a small person encounters a big world."
Also this part where they discuss her size in the movie :
And Dunham revealed just how small Collins would be to the THR reporter. "Let’s just say Polly Pocket was at her best when she was the original teensy tiny ’90s size," Dunham said, describing the character as adorable and delightful. "They made her a little bigger now, which I support, because of choking hazards. But I’m writing ’90s tiny."
So she's planning the 90s version, which is 3" tall, instead of the modern 6" size.

scidram
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by scidram » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:19 pm

http://onlypollypocket.com/Doll_ID/doll_id.html

According to this, the original Polly Pocket dolls through 1997 were ONE INCH tall!

We're gonna have a cutie who's really tiny! Who else is super stoked about this?

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:41 pm

Nah, I think 3/6 inch feels likely.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:56 pm

scidram wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:19 pm
http://onlypollypocket.com/Doll_ID/doll_id.html

According to this, the original Polly Pocket dolls through 1997 were ONE INCH tall!

We're gonna have a cutie who's really tiny! Who else is super stoked about this?
You are right! So depending on what she means by "the 90s", it could either be 3" or 1".

Honestly I don't mind Lily Collins at either size... it's better than the micro size the HISTK reboot will probably go for again (yawn).

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:22 am

With the box-office success of Barbie, the Polly Pocket movie is getting more buzz in the media this week. Good news, we learned it has a final script; bad news is they haven't started filming and with the strikes it might be a few years away. At least it's not cancelled like the HITSK reboot.
Riding the tidal wave of Barbie’s recent billion-dollar box office success, Mattel has a new project in mind starring another familiar doll: Polly Pocket. A new film, based on the micro-doll of the same name, is looking to capitalise on the success of Greta Gerwig’s Barbie. And who better to star as the miniature Mattel icon than Emily in Paris star Lily Collins?
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/barb ... 235680302/

As a reminder, they're going for original-sized Pocket, so between 1" to 3" tall:
According to Dunham, Collins’s take on the popular toy will be “adorable and delightful” and, perhaps more importantly, as minuscule as they come, so be ready to squint. “Let’s just say Polly Pocket was at her best when she was the original teensy tiny ’90s size,” Dunham told The Hollywood Reporter in 2022. “They made her a little bigger now, which I support, because of choking hazards. But I’m writing ’90s tiny.”

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:04 am

Yeah, looks like post strike the movie will likely start filming barring Collins schedule. She has a Hulu show and Emily in Paris also lined up.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:50 am

I found a couple of leaked pictures of Collins between takes.