Lola dan Liliput

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
NaOH_r2
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Lola dan Liliput

Post by NaOH_r2 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:43 am

Lola and the Liliputs was an Indonesian television series about a crew of stranded tiny aliens and their adventures with ordinary humans, particularly Lola. She is eventually shrunk to their size at the very end of episode 29 and remains so through episode 30, the last of the series. She is apparently permanently shrunk. There are a couple of female tiny aliens who are in most episodes, not just the last ones.

In this link, Lola's shrinking occurs after approximately 19:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw-WL7edBqY

norlakte3rd
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Lola dan Liliput

Post by norlakte3rd » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:35 am

Awesome find! Do you know if there are any episodes after this one or is her getting shrunk basically the finale?

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Hey I remember that series!

If I recall correctly they were able to stay human sized for a short while when needed (by drinking lots of milk, I think?). In the episode you linked, she gets back to normal but then shrinks again in front of her friend (around 33m39s). If you turn on the closed captions, and then auto-translate to English, you can sort of understand what they are saying.

Love that she stays shrunken at the series end, too.

Granelex
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Granelex » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:55 pm

I believe that's right the little aliens can only grow when they have milk. Apparently only for an hour and a half. From the episode it seems like Lola tried to trap one of them but then the alien lady turned it around on her fairly quickly and shrinks Lola down. I like that they shrink her and her clothes as well. Though why Lola would reach for the glowing cover I don't know. It shrinks her down but then she gets bigger where the little alien explains that Lola is now affected but the same problem that they have. Lola is distressed because at first she thinks they shrunk her to to take her and her friends away. Can't blame them if I was a little alien I would try to find a way to shrink her down as well.

Olo
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Olo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:49 pm

The most memorable thing about this series is the ridiculous blurring imposed upon the actresses' chests by the Indonesian censors lest they expose cleavage.
Links to all my Stories and Images may now be found here.