SW in Live Action Television Compilation

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: SW in Live Action Television Compilation

Post by foreverlurk » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:42 pm

Orid1232 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:12 pm
please tell me you have the clip or the whole episode of Dina shrinking in Wicked Science
All the previously posted links are now dead, and the only version I could find is in French:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8tq07m

We had so much SW content on TV in the early 2000s : Wicked Science, Blake Holsey High, Charmed...

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:29 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:42 pm
Orid1232 wrote:
please tell me you have the clip or the whole episode of Dina shrinking in Wicked Science
All the previously posted links are now dead, and the only version I could find is in French:

We had so much SW content on TV in the early 2000s : Wicked Science, Blake Holsey High, Charmed...

This is probably one of the best SW special effects in a made for TV series.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:52 pm

DocRick wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:29 pm
foreverlurk wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:42 pm
Orid1232 wrote:

This is probably one of the best SW special effects in a made for TV series.
It's the practical set they made for this and the included near effects at the time.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:58 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:52 pm

It's the practical set they made for this and the included near effects at the time.
The door looks old and abused, not pristine like in LOTG and many other sets. And the blending of the slamming cup and her ducking under the door is seamless.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:11 pm

DocRick wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:58 pm
eddiegiantman wrote:

The door looks old and abused, not pristine like in LOTG and many other sets. And the blending of the slamming cup and her ducking under the door is seamless.
It's details like that are missed but people just want to do it on computer. Or sets became a lost art.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:48 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Agreed, not only the blending is very well done (for a TV show with limited budget), but the practical effects give it a more natural look than just green screen CGI. Episode's script wasn't bad either, some fun dialogues ("Not a mouse... a rat!"), also loved that they bring a cage for her for the next day. I have to say the fact that Dina's shrinking is treated semi-seriously also helps, there's some elements of fear and the danger that she'll stay shrunk forever. Refreshing to see instead of it being used purely for comedy.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:23 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:48 pm
eddiegiantman wrote:
Agreed, not only the blending is very well done (for a TV show with limited budget), but the practical effects give it a more natural look than just green screen CGI. Episode's script wasn't bad either, some fun dialogues ("Not a mouse... a rat!"), also loved that they bring a cage for her for the next day. I have to say the fact that Dina's shrinking is treated semi-seriously also helps, there's some elements of fear and the danger that she'll stay shrunk forever. Refreshing to see instead of it being used purely for comedy.
Yeah which is why this is a feat, it mixes what was done and what was gonna be the norm. Similar to Blake Holesy High to Gen V and I guess that SM Flash episode but I don't think that was really set based for that stuff.

tecks
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by tecks » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:11 pm

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet but there's a brief bit of shrinking in the first episode of season 2 of Extraordinary, where a waiter shrinks the main girl down to get into a tiny restaurant. (Also a moment where here weird boyfriend looks in the tiny restaurant window at a couple of shrunk women dining.)

I don't know if there's more in the rest of the season as I've not finished it but I doubt it.
Check out my Patreon for all my stories, books and new artwork.

Orid1232
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Orid1232 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:34 am

eddiegiantman wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:39 am
Orid1232 wrote:
foreverlurk wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:58 am

Thank you, good Sir. That has to be my 2nd favorite australian SW (after Dina in Wicked Science, of course).
Quick question, where does your avatar come from? Looks familiar.
Don’t know, picked it up from google