Phantom Spirits cartoon

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
CaptainAtila
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Phantom Spirits cartoon

Post by CaptainAtila » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:32 pm

There was a cartoon named Phantom Spirits (Esprit fantômes in french) and I remember vaguely there was an episode with the two human protagonists shrunken to doll size. That cartoon is available on Amazon, but unfortunately, not in my country.

If someone of the States, France or UK could track the episode would be great :D

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Phantom Spirits cartoon

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:00 am

I swear at some point there was a topic on this board about the show and even a link to the episode, but I can't find it... looks like it was deleted? Strange.

NaOH_r2
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by NaOH_r2 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:43 am

I found two episodes with SW, although there could be others. The first link, from season 2, has it starting about 3:40, the second, from season 1, at about 15:48.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If60KA8 ... t&index=15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5_-CcY ... r&index=23

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:21 pm

NaOH_r2 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:43 am
I found two episodes with SW, although there could be others.
Yes, that second link was posted back then, and at the time we were still searching for the first one, which was posted recently. Thanks for sharing!

In the other thread that mysteriously vanished, there was talk of **another** French SW cartoon... can't remember the name but it was about a superheroine getting shrunk (out of superhero costume), and not wanting to blow her secret identity. I think she had some magic items, like magic shoes(!?), or something? I know le_frenchie said he was going to look for it... argh, can't remember... rings a bell, anyone?
Attachments
6bvrqm.gif
6bvrqm.gif (3.95 MiB) Viewed 4658 times

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:46 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:21 pm
NaOH_r2 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:43 am
I found two episodes with SW, although there could be others.
Yes, that second link was posted back then, and at the time we were still searching for the first one, which was posted recently. Thanks for sharing!

In the other thread that mysteriously vanished, there was talk of **another** French SW cartoon... can't remember the name but it was about a superheroine getting shrunk (out of superhero costume), and not wanting to blow her secret identity. I think she had some magic items, like magic shoes(!?), or something? I know le_frenchie said he was going to look for it... argh, can't remember... rings a bell, anyone?
I believe that one is called Enigma, and we're still waiting and searching deep for that episode. No luck. 😕

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:42 pm

I think this is the sort of thing that rather benefits from not knowing what the characters are really saying. ;)

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:04 pm

kira123 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:46 pm
I believe that one is called Enigma, and we're still waiting and searching deep for that episode. No luck. 😕
YES!!!! OMG thank you that's the one.... it sounded great, hope we can find it one day.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:54 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:04 pm
kira123 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:46 pm
YES!!!! OMG thank you that's the one.... it sounded great, hope we can find it one day.
Well, I just randomly remembered this was a thing we were trying to find. Found some episodes on Youtube, but I'm not sure which one it could be. Do we even know the name of the episode in question?

Enigma12
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Enigma12 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:28 am

I swear we are going to need a section just for stuff from French comics and animation…welp going to check if Radiant had anything.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:26 am

Enigma12 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:28 am
I swear we are going to need a section just for stuff from French comics and animation.
Ça me va.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:26 pm

chocolatejr9 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:54 am
Well, I just randomly remembered this was a thing we were trying to find. Found some episodes on Youtube, but I'm not sure which one it could be. Do we even know the name of the episode in question?
I haven't seen the episode myself, it was someone here who claimed they had seen it. No description was given beyond something like "she's shrunken and can't use her superheroine alter ego because otherwise everyone will know it's her".

There are 52 episodes, 2 seasons of 26 episodes. Nothing in the titles really caught my eyes :
http://www.planete-jeunesse.com/fiche-688-enigma.html

Playlist with 13 episodes from Season 1 (foreign dub over original French)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... iMi3hKvab0

Channel with 6 episodes from Season 2 (French):
https://www.youtube.com/@enigmafr9013/videos

Very good quality version of first episode of Season 2 in English that someone posted a few weeks ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrybMbOh9FQ

Soooo.... 20 episodes so far, and nothing. Maybe ask for more episodes from that last one?

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:31 pm

Episodes of the Enigma cartoon has been very hard to come by. We've searched for complete seasons of the show for years, and no luck. Some even got caught in the BS Copyright Purge from YouTube.