Shrunken girl captured

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Shrunken girl captured

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:51 pm

Found this SW video on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efqq7CETfck

Anyone knows the movie/tv show it is from?

Thanks!

norlakte3rd
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Shrunken girl captured

Post by norlakte3rd » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:27 pm

Yep, from this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R6RHeqdYAbo&t=509s

Like the Carrie Fisher Thumbelina, I only discovered this today. I'm having a good day 😂

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:41 pm

Thanks, what a strange coincidence... :shock:

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:16 am

There's another good SW episode of that series, Wansapamataym, called Mini Mimi. About a model that gets shrunk because of her childhood friend that's in love with her. They don't have the full episode, but there's a 16 minute highlight video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0G1l8E0k0I

It doesn't have one of the best parts though, when the main character's little sister finds her and takes her.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:00 pm

goodshrnker wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:16 am
It doesn't have one of the best parts though, when the main character's little sister finds her and takes her.
So many new videos in the past few days.

Love that SW trope, ie. the tall, confident, sucessful model being shrunk down. You say there's more to this vid? I'll go digging...

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:24 am

Never mind, the video was blocked worldwide. Anyone have a better idea for video sharing?

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:42 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:00 pm
goodshrnker wrote:
So many new videos in the past few days.

Love that SW trope, ie. the tall, confident, sucessful model being shrunk down. You say there's more to this vid? I'll go digging...
Yes, there is more. A really great handheld scene where the girl find the SW in her brother's room and thinks she's a doll for her. The episode is titled Mini Mimi. I think I might even have it downloaded somewhere on my computer lol.

I also wondering if there's any more SW related episodes in this series now. I'm going to have to find an episode list and see what else there is.
eddiegiantman wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:24 am
Never mind, the video was blocked worldwide. Anyone have a better idea for video sharing?
What video was it?

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:11 pm

goodshrnker wrote:

What video was it?

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:55 am

eddiegiantman wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:11 pm
goodshrnker wrote:

What video was it?

Aw man, that is the scene I was talking about. Can't believe it's blocked when other episodes are easily available.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:29 pm

That's YouTube for ya... 😑

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:49 pm

About the image (screenshot) in the original post above:

I want to explore the idea of enclosures for the miniature woman. This could be good to add backgrounds, situations and interaction ideas to my next animations.

If you have any ideas about what to put a tiny woman in, please tell me
I make SW 2D hand-drawn animations, manga and comics (F/f) :-D, please check them out on my Gumroad: https://swanims.gumroad.com

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:19 pm

animationfan wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:49 pm

I want to explore the idea of enclosures for the miniature woman. This could be good to add backgrounds, situations and interaction ideas to my next animations.

The obvious is a dollhouse. Doll clothes.

What else? Hmmm, what are your plans?

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:50 pm

A dollhouse setting is something I'm exploring, yes.

For my Heidi Haack character, if you checked out her story setting, she is in an unknown alien planet she teleported herself to by accident, so I was thinking of an enclosure for Heidi where the giant puts alien things that she thinks little Heidi might like or just to see her reactions.

So for example, in this post, in the image you see the little woman has some things in her cage like the plant. So I was wondering about things like that but alien, to see how they interact with the little human
I make SW 2D hand-drawn animations, manga and comics (F/f) :-D, please check them out on my Gumroad: https://swanims.gumroad.com

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:40 pm

animationfan wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:50 pm
A dollhouse setting is something I'm exploring, yes.

For my Heidi Haack character, if you checked out her story setting, she is in an unknown alien planet she teleported herself to by accident, so I was thinking of an enclosure for Heidi where the giant puts alien things that she thinks little Heidi might like or just to see her reactions.

So for example, in this post, in the image you see the little woman has some things in her cage like the plant. So I was wondering about things like that but alien, to see how they interact with the little human
If the aliens are humanoid/Land of the Giants style, I guess you can match a terrarium.

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:44 am

animationfan wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:49 pm

I've always preferred a hamster cage. Can be much more functional for her needs than a dollhouse, a water bottle so she can have a drink without waiting for someone to get it for her and you can even set up a sort of toilet in there for her, again so she won't have to wait for someone to bring her to the bathroom. You can also furnish it to look like a nice bedroom. Line it with a piece of carpet and put a doll bed and maybe a chair in there. Maybe even mount a smartphone inside to work as a TV.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:44 pm

I like the idea of the SW being kept in a zoo, as a novelty for the giant aliens. So some sort of terrarium, like at the end of this episode of "Goosebumps". Of course in his books, R.L. Stine makes them shrink out of their clothes (also in "Night of the Giant Everything"), but on TV that's impossible of course :mrgreen:

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:04 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:44 pm
I like the idea of the SW being kept in a zoo, as a novelty for the giant aliens. So some sort of terrarium, like at the end of this episode of "Goosebumps". Of course in his books, R.L. Stine makes them shrink out of their clothes (also in "Night of the Giant Everything"), but on TV that's impossible of course :mrgreen:

What episode is that in the pic? I remember a few shrinking episodes of Goosebumps, but they weren't really that good. Just the typical stuff you always see, green screens, running from giant animals, etc. And not much interaction, like handhelds or anything.

norlakte3rd
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by norlakte3rd » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:24 am

goodshrnker wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:04 am
foreverlurk wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:44 pm

What episode is that in the pic? I remember a few shrinking episodes of Goosebumps, but they weren't really that good. Just the typical stuff you always see, green screens, running from giant animals, etc. And not much interaction, like handhelds or anything.
It's from the end of "How I got my shrunken head part 2". At the end the family of villains (dad, mum and daughter) get chased onto the platform overlooking the pool of shrinking liquid. Whilst backing away from the crowd pursuing them all 3 of them lose their footing and fall in. It then cuts to the above scene in the near future with the 3 of them now shrunk to mouse size and living in a tank in the main character's bedroom.

The time jump was very frustrating, as in the book their shrinking was actually witnessed and described whereas in the show it just skips over that part completely.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:07 pm

The TV version didn't show the actual shrinking, sadly. Here is the shrinking part in the book (and if her hat didn't shrink with her, we are to assume the rest of her clothes didn't...)
“Huh?” I uttered a startled cry when I realized that he was shrinking. Dr.
Hawlings’ entire body was shrinking, growing smaller and smaller!

I raised my eyes to Kareen and Carolyn. They were shrinking, too.
Shrinking down to the ground.

Kareen disappeared under the straw hat. Then she came running out from
under the brim. A tiny Kareen, about the size of a mouse.

All three of them—Kareen, Carolyn, and Dr. Hawlings—scampered over
the grass. Mouse-sized. Squeaking angrily in tiny mouse voices.

I stood beside the pile of heads and watched them scurry over the ground.

Squeaking and squealing. I watched them until they disappeared into the jungle.