Resident Evil Village - Shadow of Rose

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
Boundy22
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Resident Evil Village - Shadow of Rose

Post by Boundy22 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:04 am

From the newest Showcase of Resident Evil Games , we got some footage for Shadow of Rose DLC for Resident Evil Village Game , and Seeing the footage below ( at 35:09 ) , It seems Rose got shrunk looking at her Size compared to the Door

https://youtu.be/9e_U2Uz_hr8

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Resident Evil Village - Shadow of Rose

Post by pokonota » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:16 pm

Nice find, and timed link here: https://youtu.be/9e_U2Uz_hr8?t=2100

By the sound of it, it's going to be a whole gameplay sequence where I guess the girl chara has to hide from and escape from the giant dolls
I make SW 2D hand-drawn animations, manga and comics (F/f) :-D, please check them out on my Gumroad: https://swanims.gumroad.com

ailyn
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by ailyn » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:26 am

As a huge RE fan I was so excited to see this yesterday! But on the flip side, I'm really worried my fetish is gonna rip me away from enjoying the game the normal way I do. Confusing! :) either way, cool to see "canon" sw in that universe. Hope it inspires art!

norlakte3rd
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by norlakte3rd » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:02 pm

Looking good! Reading the synopsis it seems the entire DLC will take place in a sort of dream world, so that would make it absolutely canonically possible that Rose does actually get shrunk (at least in dream form) instead of the usual distorted background looking giant whilst the character stays normal sized.

Looking forward to the inevitable mod that makes her shrunk for the entire thing!

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:45 pm

You know, a whole horror game based around the main character shrinking would be crazy good I think, regardless of our interests. I've yet to experience a game where the shrunken perspective was properly done... Grounded, maybe? But that's too tiny. I'd like the 6" to 12" range to be explored, I think you'd need two sets of assets and textures to properly display the giant objects. Maybe VR would be the way to go.

Sucks that shrinking is usually used as comic relief and not the traumatising / horror experience it should be.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:49 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:45 pm
You know, a whole horror game based around the main character shrinking would be crazy good I think, regardless of our interests. I've yet to experience a game where the shrunken perspective was properly done... Grounded, maybe? But that's too tiny. I'd like the 6" to 12" range to be explored, I think you'd need two sets of assets and textures to properly display the giant objects. Maybe VR would be the way to go.

Sucks that shrinking is usually used as comic relief and not the traumatising / horror experience it should be.
I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentiment, the creators of films or tv which touch upon the subject seem to shy away from the grittier possibilities. Maybe they think it's too risky to go down that road for censorship reasons? Who knows. But we have to live in hope that one day someone will be brave enough. Like maybe a sequel to "Downsized", when future developments in that scenario revael that being small can be something the participants hadn't bargained for.

Apologies for butting into the topic, I'm not a gamer and know nothing about the core subject.
sally g, reincarnated.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:17 pm

Managed to find footage from the DLC, not too bad honestly.

The "shrinking" occurs offscreen, she's in an elevator and the lights go out. When the elevator doors open she's about a foot tall. She's mostly hiding from dolls, but after a while a full sized mannequin starts chasing her. Starts around 1h21m31s until 1h30m45s:

https://youtu.be/kFPQ217d1j0?t=4892

Also, is it me or does she shrinks a bit more near the end of the sequence, just before she's almost grabbed?

unawaregtsfan
Visitor
Visitor

Post by unawaregtsfan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:35 am

Just imagining her shrunk while being chased by normal sized Ada, Jill, or Claire 😃 (I'm sure someone could do a mod for that)