Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Post by eddiegiantman » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:11 pm

I thought we mentioned she's actually one of the main characters it is likely she's captured for most of the series.

Torper8
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Torper8 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:38 pm

Well something happens to her sadly, if I'm not mistaken this is a tiny shoe he's looking at

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:40 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:11 pm
I thought we mentioned she's actually one of the main characters it is likely she's captured for most of the series.
Yes we did confirm that - I just feel in our post-GoT world that being designated a main character doesn't necessarily give someone plot-armor anymore and, being a longtime SW cynic, the showrunners could make any excuse to get rid of her. Obviously I'm praying I'm wrong but it just feels like that's how things go with our little hobby.

ROGU3_20
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ROGU3_20 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:30 am

Torper8 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:38 pm
Well something happens to her sadly, if I'm not mistaken this is a tiny shoe he's looking at
i saw this too but then i realized this is just a somewhat extended footage of the first teaser. its there too. the bloody person scene is also there, the latest trailer is zoomed out more.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:23 pm

Zecacizeiro

Post by Zecacizeiro » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:35 pm

I’ve read that Emma Meyer is half an inch size supe whoncan grow to regular size. If that is true, is gonna be fun to watch…

Torper8
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Torper8 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:51 pm

Zecacizeiro wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:35 pm
I’ve read that Emma Meyer is half an inch size supe whoncan grow to regular size. If that is true, is gonna be fun to watch…
Her power is to become a normal sized person :lol:

vash!!!
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by vash!!! » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:45 pm

Zecacizeiro wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:35 pm
You mean Emma Shaw? This explains why she is not naked when small, Unlike termite from the original serie.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:24 pm

Her outfit looks like doll clothes. Perhaps suggesting that her clothes don't shrink with her, and she has to change? That would give her reasons to be stuck small in difficult situations.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:22 pm

Prof Sai wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:24 pm
Her outfit looks like doll clothes. Perhaps suggesting that her clothes don't shrink with her, and she has to change? That would give her reasons to be stuck small in difficult situations.
I was about to comment on her clothes, they do look like dolls. But half an inch is smaller than most dolls I know of (unless she can control her height and 1/2" tall is simply her minimum). I also wonder how she found out about her power.
Last edited by foreverlurk on Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:48 pm

She looks extremely adorable inside that miniature boxing ring in her toy clothes... universe, please don't do this to me, giving me hope and then snatching it away (hopefully it will have lots of quality SW content)
I make SW 2D hand-drawn animations, manga and comics (F/f) :-D, please check them out on my Gumroad: https://swanims.gumroad.com

Firewall
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Firewall » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:23 am

Torper8 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:38 pm
You know....looking at this picture and seeing our shrinkee in a drain might have me a bit galaxy brained but I feel like this is a Incredible Shrinking Woman reference.

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrinky » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:37 am

Looks to me like she's the first casualty of the show. I don't think that was her in the drain, either. I could be wrong, hope I am. I guess we'll have to wait until late September to find out.

Drdoom
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Drdoom » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:39 am

As I was reading up more on this character, it also appears that she is a YouTuber. Maybe they will have a promotional channel?

Zecacizeiro

Post by Zecacizeiro » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:14 pm

She’s one of the protagonist. I doubt she’ll die early! I think she is gonna be an eyewitness of the first murder and probably a key figure of this first season. I’m very optimistic about her!

vash!!!
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by vash!!! » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:40 am

Zecacizeiro wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:14 pm
She’s one of the protagonist. I doubt she’ll die early! I think she is gonna be an eyewitness of the first murder and probably a key figure of this first season. I’m very optimistic about her!
If you watch the boys, "protagonist" says nothing lol.

Rapsta09
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Rapsta09 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:48 pm

I don't think she's getting killed I think she killed someone. If you watch "The Boys" then you know exactly what I'm talking about...

vash!!!
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by vash!!! » Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:05 pm

Rapsta09 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:48 pm
I don't think she's getting killed I think she killed someone. If you watch "The Boys" then you know exactly what I'm talking about...
She is probably the weakest supe and the easiest to get killed by anyone.

In addition with the shows massive budget limitations, she is also the most expensive to keep around with all the special effects needed.

If the show is willing to kill off fan favourites such as black noir, I dont have high hopes she will live long on the show.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:02 am

vash!!! wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:05 pm
Rapsta09 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:48 pm
She is probably the weakest supe and the easiest to get killed by anyone.

In addition with the shows massive budget limitations, she is also the most expensive to keep around with all the special effects needed.

If the show is willing to kill off fan favourites such as black noir, I dont have high hopes she will live long on the show.
Your fear is justified but I think she'll be okay, she was captured in one scene in the first trailer so maybe that will come into play.

Then again, these shows love to be nasty.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:19 am

Entertainment Weekly description of Emma Shaw
"Marie's roommate at Godolkin is Emma Meyer (Lizze Broadway), a.k.a. Little Cricket. Emma has the Ant-Man-like ability to shrink her size. She's described as insecure and naive, but helps Marie navigate the mysterious dangers at the school."

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:02 pm

https://youtu.be/uhjJ5brX-bY?si=IX-JwKGX_Qd9LzCy

New Red Band trailer features 3 new(ish) scenes:

-Emma actually running across the floor tiny 1:18

-Closeup of Emma being caught under the plastic cup 1:38

-We finally see why Emma's covered in blood 1:53

One thing I've realized is, since she seemingly has to wear doll clothes when shrunk, we may not actually see much in the way of process and it'll all be cutaways. I'm still hoping she has a flashback of her first using her powers or something - I imagine there could be at least 1 or 2 scenes of tasteful nudity.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:39 pm

rscholar wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:02 pm
One thing I've realized is, since she seemingly has to wear doll clothes when shrunk, we may not actually see much in the way of process and it'll all be cutaways. I'm still hoping she has a flashback of her first using her powers or something - I imagine there could be at least 1 or 2 scenes of tasteful nudity.
"No tiny action hero shit" :lol:

And I mentionned the same about the doll clothes, so fingers crossed for a good scene.

Mercurius
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mercurius » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:53 pm

I captured the screenshots of her specifically...and I love her character. :D

Firewall
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Firewall » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:31 pm

I imagine with being the roommate of the protagonist gives you a bit of plot armor. At least for a season or two.

Then again, this is a Boys spinoff so anything can happen.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:40 pm

So, in wikipedia and a few other sources, Emma Meyer is really described as "a half-inch sized Supe with the ability to grow to regular size". So being tiny is her natural size... I guess? Doesn't make sense, but we'll see.

At a glance, it seems like Godolkin student Emma Meyer possesses the ability to shrink, similar to the ill-fated Termite from the first episode of season three of The Boys (if you know, you know).

That’s not quite the case, though; Emma’s actual power is the ability to grow as big as a regular-sized person, meaning her half-inch-tall form is her true, unpowered state of being.

It’s a cheeky way to lampoon the sizeshifting power trope, and will no doubt be the source of a gag or two in Gen V, but it will still make Emma a cut above the rest when it comes to espionage and surprise attacks.