Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:05 am

Jeebus wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:01 am
SW gets nothing for itself
You called it. Think Scholar did too.

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:32 am

So disappointing. We were this close to having a full SW beloved character in a mainstream show

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:33 am

Jeebus wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:32 am
So disappointing. We were this close to having a full SW beloved character in a mainstream show
We will likely get more Tiny Emma, it ain't over, I just had a big feeling
SpoilerShow
she was a sizeshifter the whole time.
I hope Mercuius got the small stuff from the recent episode and loads it up.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:00 am

Jeebus wrote:
Exactly - and if I can rant for a second - why did they even bother with her whole character concept as "Little" Cricket, with her YT channel, being tiny/shrinking and all..? I guess the writers think they are cleverly subverting expectations? Or is it the good old perception that SW == bad (when she's feeling abused/depressed), GTS == empowering (when overcoming her issues)?

Allright, enough salt and bitterness.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:03 am

foreverlurk wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:00 am
Jeebus wrote:
Exactly - and if I can rant for a second - why did they even bother with her whole character concept as "Little" Cricket, with her YT channel, being tiny/shrinking and all..? I guess the writers think they are cleverly subverting expectations? Or is it the good old perception that SW == bad (when she's feeling abused/depressed), GTS == empowering (when overcoming her issues)?

No I think we will see that the little stuff is because Little Cricket was a persona the mother placed on her, again, don't panic just yet, we still have 4 more episodes.

Have faith.

Shrinkms
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Shrinkms » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:22 am

eddiegiantman wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:03 am
foreverlurk wrote:
Jeebus wrote:

No I think we will see that the little stuff is because Little Cricket was a persona the mother placed on her, again, don't panic just yet, we still have 4 more episodes.

Have faith.
Episode 5 teaser shows her waking up in a pool when she is tall. Other clip shows she is normal

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:30 am

Shrinkms wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:22 am

Episode 5 teaser shows her waking up in a pool when she is tall. Other clip shows she is normal
Yeah I pointed it out. Plus this is likely the puppetvision episode. Time will tell though.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:14 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Jeebus wrote:

So small is being controlled by her mother and giant is good and empowering...

I mean let's not all pretend that's exactly how most of us write SW vs GTS...
Shrinkms wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:22 am
eddiegiantman wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:03 am
foreverlurk wrote:

Have faith.
I'm gonna guess she goes from cute and awkward girl to college party girl as a response to "liberating" her size from her controlling mother. Honestly I can't say I'm entirely surprised.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:00 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:14 pm

I'm gonna guess she goes from cute and awkward girl to college party girl as a response to "liberating" her size from her controlling mother. Honestly I can't say I'm entirely surprised.
Nah I'm gonna guess there is more to it than that. We will likely get both Emmas throughout till the finale. Especially from the reviews I read about the first 6 episodes. Some stuff hasn't happened yet.

She only did this as a last resort against a violent Sam.

But yeah she is basically The Boys Cassie Lang. I know you guys are bummed out but this was always a possibility. Be glad we already got 4 episodes of tiny stuff and hopefully more.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:38 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:14 pm
So small is being controlled by her mother and giant is good and empowering...

I mean let's not all pretend that's exactly how most of us write SW vs GTS...
I know that's what most people see in this. Personally I kinda like SW to be resilient, resourceful, etc. despite their size. Maybe because I'm on the gentle(r) side of things, but I can understand the power dynamics and how mainstream media might interpret size vs personal agency.
eddiegiantman wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:00 pm
But yeah she is basically The Boys Cassie Lang. I know you guys are bummed out but this was always a possibility. Be glad we already got 4 episodes of tiny stuff and hopefully more.
Right, just my knee-jerk reaction and disappointment talking... but I'm still going to watch it at some point. Maybe I shouldn't criticize the show without having actually seen it entirely, too. :lol:

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:41 pm

Someone on Giantess City uploaded the Giantess scene. Without the SW scene.... cuz we can all go fuck ourselves, lol.

I'm only half pretending to be doubly bitter for comedic effects. Math checks out, trust me.

Firewall
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Firewall » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:59 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:41 pm
Someone on Giantess City uploaded the Giantess scene. Without the SW scene.... cuz we can all go fuck ourselves, lol.

I'm only half pretending to be doubly bitter for comedic effects. Math checks out, trust me.
Speaking of GTS City, The Soviet Hybrid has a good point on why her growing probably won't be much of a thing in the show. They said "I'm guessing she'd turn into a food devouring fatty otherwise. She'd constantly have to eat to get big and stay big kind of defeating the purpose of going to school and interacting with her peers/friends."

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:05 pm

Firewall wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:59 pm
Raso719 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:41 pm

Speaking of GTS City, The Soviet Hybrid has a good point on why her growing probably won't be much of a thing in the show. They said "I'm guessing she'd turn into a food devouring fatty otherwise. She'd constantly have to eat to get big and stay big kind of defeating the purpose of going to school and interacting with her peers/friends."
Yeah I hope they spin it where her large size uses more calories so she can't be very big for very long...

I'm sure folks are also considering scenarios where she starts eating people and building and grows insane sizes...

theangelofdeath1986
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by theangelofdeath1986 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:54 pm

She looked like she wasn't sure if it would work but can see her burning through it quickly and shrinking pretty quick just hope it doesn't overshadow her and they make her a giantess instead which would suck. We never get anything that's just purely shrinking which sucks

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:13 pm

theangelofdeath1986 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:54 pm
She looked like she wasn't sure if it would work but can see her burning through it quickly and shrinking pretty quick just hope it doesn't overshadow her and they make her a giantess instead which would suck. We never get anything that's just purely shrinking which sucks
There is a tease next episode where she is still big but it's likely just the aftermath like last time. Again, I think we still will get Little Cricket Emma over this one.

Being big has worse disadvantages compared to smallness though. So that GTS City poster maybe on to something that this might only be the last resort. I could see her hungover, puking and overshrinking.

Here's Tiny Emma from the start of Episode 4 though.
https://youtu.be/eea5DUK06VU?feature=shared

theangelofdeath1986
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by theangelofdeath1986 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:48 pm

Yeah that's true, but it's still a shame they went down to that so quick. But she's still the best character in the show regardless of the size changing.

Womenshrinker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Womenshrinker » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:51 pm

Let’s hope we get more tiny Emma rather then giant Emma

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:08 pm

theangelofdeath1986 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:48 pm
Yeah that's true, but it's still a shame they went down to that so quick. But she's still the best character in the show regardless of the size changing.
Also remember, this is already the halfway point of the season, 4 more episodes to go.
Womenshrinker wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:51 pm
Let’s hope we get more tiny Emma rather then giant Emma
Exactly, we will likely see why the giant side won't be as used. Probably because the puke involved.

Also if you wondering why the big scene in episode 1 was off for Emma...it was meant to be off.
Going back to the premiere episode when Emma is hooking up with Liam, was the giant penis real or CGI?

Fazekas: We have a practical, five-foot penis and we enhanced it with visual effects.

Kripke: It’s not our style to CG a penis. I think it’s important for verisimilitude that we create these penises practically. When we were writing the pilot, that scene, as shocking as it is, is about Emma’s self- esteem. It’s about being goaded and pressured into doing something sexually that she’s not comfortable with, and that really costs her something. Again, we’re never like, “Hey, we blew up a dick in ‘The Boys’ so let’s have a tiny person climb a dick in this one.” We’re always talking about, “She’s going through it” and this was a bold way to dramatize that.

lurkerk
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by lurkerk » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:37 pm

I agree that The Min overhyped us here to what even could be called an irresponsible level.
I'm feeling very disappointed with the tiny content so far.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:25 am

Irresponsible? Overhyped? Please tell me how many SW sex scenes have appeared in mainstream TV or movies prior to this show. I'll give you a hint: it is less than one.

Please take a deep breath and try to appreciate the sea change that is happening here. We have a female character who can change sizes and the writers aren't afraid to show her in sexual situations in the process. This has never happened before in the history of this fetish. Just because this one is not 100% to your liking doesn't mean I was irresponsible or overhyped the moment. Keep in mind I had seen only the first two episodes and had no way of knowing yet how Emma's powers worked or that she could grow as well as shrink, or that she was capable of casually murdering a guy by crawling through his brain. I stand by every word of what I said at the time.

Mercurius
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mercurius » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:42 am

OK, guys. Prepare for disappointment.

Here's Episode 4's Little Cricket SW scene...and yep, it's just one. After this, she grows back up...and becomes a GTS for a short period of time.

So, here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zNhUmz ... sp=sharing

Now, since this is a SW forum and not a GTS forum, I will not post a video with that scene.

Thanks and enjoy.
Last edited by Mercurius on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nropyub
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Nropyub » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:43 am

lurkerk wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:37 pm
I agree that The Min overhyped us here to what even could be called an irresponsible level.
You’re overreacting a lot.

Overhyped? 4k SW scenes with a Hollywood budget.

Irresponsible? He saw two episodes and told you about you child. He didn’t say he saw the season and that you should go out and get a prime subscription for 8 episodes of primo tailor made fetish content. Grow up and learn some manners.

Tinkerbell’s Bf
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tinkerbell’s Bf » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:52 am

Honestly from a selfish standpoint, if we at least get a shot of her bare butt (teeny or giant) I’ll consider it all worth it

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:59 am

Mercurius wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:42 am

Here's Episode 4's Little Cricket SW scene...and yep, it's just one. After this, she grows back up...and becomes a GTS for a short period of time.

Now, since this is a SW forum and not a GTS forum, I will not post a video with that scene.

Thanks and enjoy.
Aside from the aforementioned excellent use of wide shots, looking at this again I felt there was something so beautiful about when she was walking up to Sam as he was having his breakdown and promising to stay with him. Yes it was a sweet lovely scene by itself, but I swear somehow it's more endearing explicitly *because* she's so small, like her just standing there at that size was an act of vulnerability and baring herself to him. She's just a tiny little angel...a foul-mouthed, horney, blood-soaked little angel. :lol:

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:02 am

Mercurius wrote:

Thanks and enjoy.
Thanks Mercurius. Pretty sure we will get more Little Cricket over GTS Cricket.
lurkerk wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:37 pm
Go back to what he said, everything he posted was to the T what happened, he didn't say Emma wasn't nude but he would have told us if she was anyways. You got this big moment in SW action from EP1 to 4, literally even bigger than Wasp or Cassie Lang...and you blame Min?
rscholar wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:59 am
Mercurius wrote:

Thanks and enjoy.
Aside from the aforementioned excellent use of wide shots, looking at this again I felt there was something so beautiful about when she was walking up to Sam as he was having his breakdown and promising to stay with him. Yes it was a sweet lovely scene by itself, but I swear somehow it's more endearing explicitly *because* she's so small, like her just standing there at that size was an act of vulnerability and baring herself to him. She's just a tiny little angel...a foul-mouthed, horney, blood-soaked little angel. :lol:
She's literally the angel on his shoulder...and later on the angel who has to keep him down.