Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:33 pm

New episode tonight and renewed for S2, let's hope Emma gets out ok.

xrattletrapx
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by xrattletrapx » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:49 am

Emma's safe this episode, too, don't worry.

No SW this week, too. Though it wouldn't make much sense with her relationship with Sam going on.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:36 am

xrattletrapx wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:49 am
Emma's safe this episode, too, don't worry.

No SW this week, too. Though it wouldn't make much sense with her relationship with Sam going on.
I meant the season. Lizze confirmed she's in S2 but had to delete the message in case of SAG violation.

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:30 pm

Missed opportunity for her to shrink slightly during sex due to the amount of calories being used.

And yes, I get it, this is supposed to be wholesome, normal sex for her. That's important for her character. But there's still no reason her character traits should disappear, and that shrinking can't play into her normal life in a positive way.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:35 pm

Jeebus wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:30 pm
Missed opportunity for her to shrink slightly during sex due to the amount of calories being used.

And yes, I get it, this is supposed to be wholesome, normal sex for her. That's important for her character. But there's still no reason her character traits should disappear, and that shrinking can't play into her normal life in a positive way.
I think the issue here is they haven't explained how the powers work and I think they fully intend to keep it vague so they can be as inconsistent as they feel on a whim.

Modern TV and movies seem to love skull fucking canon and consistency whenever they please and as someone on the spectrum it drives me insane. Why have any world building? Why have any consistency? Why not string random fucking words and events together incoherently because your director's ego isn't satisfied with the already few existing rules in your world you've chosen to not ignore?

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:09 am

Nope, nothing again but the next one is the Season Finale and looks like the school vs. the clean up crew.

So we will see.

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:37 am

We did at least get to see a drawer full of her tiny panties, ranging from half-sized to doll-sized. This show really knows how to tease.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:42 am

Jeebus wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:37 am
We did at least get to see a drawer full of her tiny panties, ranging from half-sized to doll-sized. This show really knows how to tease.

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:45 am

Thanks, eddie! We've talked about the problematic nature of her different sizes within the mainstream psyche, but that scene demonstrates an understanding of the subtleties of SW in a very intimate way. I like to think this bodes well for their line of thinking for future moments with Emma.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:25 pm

EDIT: Ignore this post, look below.
Last edited by eddiegiantman on Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:26 pm

Jeebus wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:45 am
Thanks, eddie! We've talked about the problematic nature of her different sizes within the mainstream psyche, but that scene demonstrates an understanding of the subtleties of SW in a very intimate way. I like to think this bodes well for their line of thinking for future moments with Emma.
Yeah, she's prepped for these occasions for sure, like the moment from EP1 wasn't likely her first time, the question remains if we will see more of Little Cricket after this?

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:51 am

Synopsis of the finale.

“In a surprising season finale twist, Sam teams up with Cate, spreading terror on campus. Andre has a life or death choice to make while Marie and Emma learn new ways to utilize their powers. It’s a show stopping civil war of supe against supe, friend against friend showdown, and nothing will ever be the same for our young heroes.“

Hmmmm, insta Shrink/Grow? I think some of us called this.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:03 pm

I'm guessing they're going to focus on her growing. Maybe her incident at chuck'e'cheese (or whatever) was foreshadowing and she'll end up eating people to grow or something fucked up like that... which makes me wonder if hee Mom calling her a monster implies she, like, ate other girls her age during that party or something. Fucking yikes.

IDK, I think Little Cricket is dead and this is the age of Enormous Emma from here on out. They definitely seem to want to link her shrinking and Marie's blood bending to self harm so I'll be VERY surprised if they don't make it so Marie never uses her own blood ever again and Emma never shrinks again.

Then again maybe Emma goes micro and rides a drop of blood to infiltrate someone and the eat them from the inside out in order to "ant-man" the person. Who knows. The writers are so committed to trolling expectations it's hard to tell.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:29 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:03 pm
I'm guessing they're going to focus on her growing. Maybe her incident at chuck'e'cheese (or whatever) was foreshadowing and she'll end up eating people to grow or something fucked up like that... which makes me wonder if hee Mom calling her a monster implies she, like, ate other girls her age during that party or something. Fucking yikes.

IDK, I think Little Cricket is dead and this is the age of Enormous Emma from here on out. They definitely seem to want to link her shrinking and Marie's blood bending to self harm so I'll be VERY surprised if they don't make it so Marie never uses her own blood ever again and Emma never shrinks again.

Then again maybe Emma goes micro and rides a drop of blood to infiltrate someone and the eat them from the inside out in order to "ant-man" the person. Who knows. The writers are so committed to trolling expectations it's hard to tell.
We will see, tonight is the night.

See you all on the other side.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:07 am

I was right. Just not the way we expected. Hope Mercurius gets the scene.

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrinky » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:39 am

"What the fuck?"

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:28 am

eddiegiantman wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:07 am
I was right. Just not the way we expected. Hope Mercurius gets the scene.
Hell, even just the snapshot. That was rad!

xrattletrapx
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by xrattletrapx » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:59 am

What was that, a poof-shrink? Shrinking triggered by negative emotion? Woulda been nice if she didn't get benched for this episode, but this was a great show overall.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:09 am

xrattletrapx wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:59 am
What was that, a poof-shrink? Shrinking triggered by negative emotion? Woulda been nice if she didn't get benched for this episode, but this was a great show overall.
2nd one.

She is a side lead and the focus isn't on her per se but yeah, as I said before, episode 3 was basically her episode focus.

ROGU3_20
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ROGU3_20 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:22 am

eddiegiantman wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:09 am
xrattletrapx wrote:
2nd one.

She is a side lead and the focus isn't on her per se but yeah, as I said before, episode 3 was basically her episode focus.
i just pray she gets more scenes in season 2.

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:25 am

Summary
SpoilerShow
Sam joins Cate in freeing The Woods prisoners and rampage across campus. Emma confronts him in the stage room, but he leaves her, saying she only saved him to make herself feel worthwhile. Alone and crushed, she starts crying but then quickly realizes she's changing and ends up about 1 foot tall surrounded by her clothes. We don't see her again until after the last scene when she's normal sized and she, Marie, Andre, and Jordan are captured.

Yay, she's alive! And no more puking!
The Moment
SpoilerShow

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:38 am

ROGU3_20 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:22 am
eddiegiantman wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:09 am
xrattletrapx wrote:
2nd one.

i just pray she gets more scenes in season 2.
Heck she might be in the Boys S4 since the stinger sets up
SpoilerShow
Butcher surveying the Woods which might be where the 4 are at.
rscholar wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:25 am
Summary
SpoilerShow
Sam joins Cate in freeing The Woods prisoners and rampage across campus. Emma confronts him in the stage room, but he leaves her, saying she only saved him to make herself feel worthwhile. Alone and crushed, she starts crying but then quickly realizes she's changing and ends up about 1 foot tall surrounded by her clothes. We don't see her again until after the last scene when she's normal sized and she, Marie, Andre, and Jordan are captured.

Yay, she's alive! And no more puking!
The Moment
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
If you want it in better quality.

Mercurius
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mercurius » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:26 am

Sorry for the late timing, and I just saw the season finale myself.

So, here's the progressive shrinking scene, which Emma encountered her new way to shrink!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1imm9CF ... sp=sharing

Firewall
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Firewall » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:44 am

Called it! I figured there would be another trigger for her shrinking. I wouldn't be surprised if the show plays around with her shrinking a bit smaller than her normal height.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:44 am

Mercurius wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:26 am
Sorry for the late timing, and I just saw the season finale myself.

So, here's the progressive shrinking scene, which Emma encountered her new way to shrink!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1imm9CF ... sp=sharing
Thanks Merc, I'm return, I got the new Senshi Dolls issue. Thank you.