Quantumania!

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Quantumania!

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:02 am

So I went to see Quantumania today for the opening. Great movie...they really created some amazing scenery and did some really fantastic world building. Plus all the characters had something to do so nobody who was in the film got left out. (Sorry, no sign of the comic relief characters this movie, but it still had plenty of funny moments anyway.) I wish there had been more scenes with Wasp (Evangeline Lily) but she still looks great in the outfit. And the debut of the main villain worked really well to set up the next Avengers storyline. There is a cameo with an old actor favorite, which was quite surprising, and the return of an old villain, which actually sort of freaked me out a little, but considering what happened last time we saw him, it makes perfect sense.

For SW fans there are several great scenes that mostly involve Ant-Man/Scott's daughter Cassie Lang, who has grown up and now has her own suit courtesy of her friends at PymTech (see photo below). (Before any of you freak out about her age, the actress playing her, Kathryn Newton, is 26 years old.) Near the start of the film (avoiding spoilers here as much as possible) there is a great scene where Scott grows in order to catch her and we get an actual handheld! Then later she is seen cowering underneath his giant feet. There are also numerous scenes where she shrinks, although most of these are only momentary. It's too early to get decent screenshots but I eagerly await this film's appearance on Disney+ so I can have a closer look. (Oh and giantess fans, you're in for a treat!)

In short (lol) go check it out in theaters!

TheBigG
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Quantumania!

Post by TheBigG » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:10 pm

Well I’m sold

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:21 pm

That's curious. The critics were really dumping on this film. I liked the first two movies and was looking forward to this.

Some Wanderer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Some Wanderer » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:31 pm

Well that sounds promising. I'm seeing it Sunday so it will be radio silence for me from here on out. Size content aside I'm hoping for just an entertaining sci-fi experience from this one. We'll see.
"There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter."
https://www.deviantart.com/somehatter54

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:39 pm

Oh, the critics were bad but this sounds actually worth my time. I just wish the shrinking scenes weren't so blink-and-you-miss-it.

Enigma12
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Enigma12 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:20 pm

Eh, stopped trusting critics years ago. Movie was actually pretty good, not the best yet still pretty good and exciting.

Some Wanderer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Some Wanderer » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:53 am

Critics and I have never seen eye to eye; then again I could say the same thing about internet culture. That being said, I can't say I've been a fan of the MCU as of late (with the exception of one). So I'm hopeful about Quantumania but cautiously optimistic.
"There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter."

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:03 am

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:02 am
Before any of you freak out about her age, the actress playing her, Kathryn Newton, is 26 years old.
They could make such a funny gag about the CHARACTER being 26, and Lang thinking she is still in high school due to the time skip.

Some Wanderer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Some Wanderer » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:11 pm

I just got back from Quantumania and I enjoyed it-for the most part. The story was a bit spotty (especially at the beginning ) and the characters' directions could be unclear in places, but the movie did have its moments. As for size content, the film did not disappoint. While I would have liked some moments to be shot differently or just have a little more them, I still appreciated the size changing.