Youtube Vid - Itty Bitty Izzy

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
norlakte3rd
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Youtube Vid - Itty Bitty Izzy

Post by norlakte3rd » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:06 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zU3VZVKilrU

Cute vid - gamer girl in onesie gets shrunk by a malfunctioning game, and has to avoid her cat whilst trying to get back to normal size. Fairly meh effects and minimal interaction sadly but still it's something.

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Youtube Vid - Itty Bitty Izzy

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:41 pm

I mean it's better when there's some use of the environment and railing then just reactions alone. Plus the ending sells it as irony. I'll give the video props for being interesting in its own right.
:?: Mysterious Stranger :?:

wayyellow
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by wayyellow » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:58 pm

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed this one. Honestly, I tend to enjoy narratives that happen to involve shrinking than 99 percent of the videos targeting it as a fetish.

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:43 pm

I actually really enjoyed this, a lot. It was funny, inventive & surprisingly arousing....

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:09 am

It always saddens me how folks grasp at any straw to get some comfort from their shrunken woman fantasy, as in this example.
I'm not knocking it for goodness sakes, but it seems relying on efforts like this is where we're at nowadays.

Unless things change in the way "shrinking" a human being is viewed and portrayed in a more erotic way in the future (which would mean a brave move to make for major producers in the film industry), then this type of thing is the best we can hope for I guess.
sally g, reincarnated.

wayyellow
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by wayyellow » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:20 am

Again, I much prefer this to an "erotic" version. Apologies if that saddens you.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:04 am

wayyellow wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:20 am
Again, I much prefer this to an "erotic" version. Apologies if that saddens you.
Agreed. Call me crazy but sometimes I like shrinking media even more when they're not made with the SW fetish in mind.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:20 pm

wayyellow wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:20 am
No it doesn't sadden me in that sense Wayyellow, and by erotic I wasn't meaning sexual activity per se, but more a sense of a less than bland and innocent take on the subject (such as the golden opportunities missed with Downsizing for example). I perhaps should have said erotic innuendo instead, or maybe intrigue.

I was more meaning that any morsel of video with shrinking content (regardless of its quality) is greeted like manna from heaven, that's the part I find a bit sad.

I mean no offence with my comments of course, and if folks are genuinely happy with watching clips of that nature, then that's all that really matters.
sally g, reincarnated.

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:22 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:20 pm
I was more meaning that any morsel of video with shrinking content (regardless of its quality) is greeted like manna from heaven, that's the part I find a bit sad.

I mean no offence with my comments of course, and if folks are genuinely happy with watching clips of that nature, then that's all that really matters.
I hate that you feel this way, but we are in a golden age of size content. Both the last Marvel and DC movies featured size interactions. Taylor Swifts Anti-hero, Selena Gomez’s last video, Katy Perry’s “Play” residency - size is all over the place right now. In the next few years the Barbie movie, Polly Pocket and the Honey I shrunk the kids sequel will all drop. If this is manna from heaven, then I’m gonna nom it all up.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:14 pm

Bobascher wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:22 pm
Little Sally wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:20 pm

I hate that you feel this way, but we are in a golden age of size content. Both the last Marvel and DC movies featured size interactions. Taylor Swifts Anti-hero, Selena Gomez’s last video, Katy Perry’s “Play” residency - size is all over the place right now. In the next few years the Barbie movie, Polly Pocket and the Honey I shrunk the kids sequel will all drop. If this is manna from heaven, then I’m gonna nom it all up.
Lol! Nom nom nom away! (only kidding) :D

No don't get me wrong, I think it's great if you're into the superhero thing or snippets in music videos and the like, but it's not for me to be honest. I get more satisfaction from the old pulp magazine covers, which admittedly had nothing to do with the stories within usually. But just imagining what was stirring the imagination of the artists has always fascinated me.

I hope you're right about there being a golden age of size content in the offing, and if you're into the Marvel and DC stuff that sounds the most likely to supply your needs. I'm just hoping we'll eventually get something a little bit darker and thought provoking, maybe like a sequel to Downsizing. I mean, what could possibly go wrong with being reduced in size and living in an experimental community with other shrunken folks. The rest of the normal size world would surely ensure that no harm came to their smaller neighbours, wouldn't they?

Fancy making a start on the script, Bob? ;) :)
sally g, reincarnated.

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:00 am

I think with the avant garde horror that is popular, there may be a real place for something like that. A small town where all of a sudden people start disappearing, then corpses are found smashed flat, with odd rumblings now and again. The movie ends when the protagonists discover their entire town had been shrunken and the monsters they were scared of were just normal sized people.

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:13 am

Alternatively they could green light Tabitha King’s Small World

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:21 am

Bobascher wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:13 am
Alternatively they could green light Tabitha King’s Small World
Indeed they could, in fact there's a huge range of ready made scenarios out there in our own writing community, and something like "Desperate Measures" by Scidram would fit the bill nicely. With a nice mix of sci-fi and skulduggery and even a bit of romance going on.

I think like me you'd be loathe to go down the horror and gore route, but something toned down but menacing would be interesting. I seem to recall Minimizer has a story where some people begin shrinking inexplicably for no apparent reason (I think on a worldwide scale), and some shrink faster or get smaller than others who are affected. It all starts to get rather sinister as it progresses, when steps have to be taken to decide what to do with all the "little people" (some shades of Downsizing, but a much more interesting scenario).
sally g, reincarnated.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:48 am

That's "The Man Who Shrank the World" (originally titled "Stage Three") in which people shrink by about 1/3 in stages, each months apart, and nobody knows what's causing it. Anyone reaching the third stage is sent off to a mini-city where tiny people are being resettled, expecting that one day everyone will ultimately be that size. (Or will they?)

Anyway, that book would make a good movie, but I bet Hollywood would make a lot of changes (there would probably be a gun battle at the end, and they'd probably work in a car chase somehow...everything's better with a good car chase).

I always thought TDL's "Toobin' Down the River" (later revised and retitled "Shenandoah Surprise") would make a good movie also. And there are plenty of other ideas to choose from if size films really catch on.

Some Wanderer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Some Wanderer » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:01 am

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:48 am
That's "The Man Who Shrank the World" (originally titled "Stage Three") in which people shrink by about 1/3 in stages, each months apart, and nobody knows what's causing it. Anyone reaching the third stage is sent off to a mini-city where tiny people are being resettled, expecting that one day everyone will ultimately be that size. (Or will they?)

Anyway, that book would make a good movie, but I bet Hollywood would make a lot of changes (there would probably be a gun battle at the end, and they'd probably work in a car chase somehow...everything's better with a good car chase).

I always thought TDL's "Toobin' Down the River" (later revised and retitled "Shenandoah Surprise") would make a good movie also. And there are plenty of other ideas to choose from if size films really catch on.
I've been trying to remember what that story was called.
"There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter."
https://www.deviantart.com/somehatter54

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:53 pm

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Thanks, that jogs my memory nicely, and I remember getting quite hooked on it back in the day. I have in fact read most of what you've written over the years (your early stuff anyway), despite the fact your size tastes usually conflicted with my own. But that's an author's privilege of course.
Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Sad thing is, you'd probably be proved right. But we could put up with that if it ever got made.

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Can't say I'm familiar with that one, but as you say there is a wealth of decent stuff written that would work. Let's keep hoping eh! :)
Last edited by Little Sally on Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
sally g, reincarnated.

Prisoner #6
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Prisoner #6 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:24 am

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I agree it could have easily been improved if only her significant other had made it home before she grew back to normal size. They should have made it a 2 player game.
Be seeing you.