(Announcement) My next Gumroad release will be (you can't guess it)...

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

(Announcement) My next Gumroad release will be (you can't guess it)...

Post by pokonota » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:59 am

SpoilerShow
The Dive 2 - By Minimizer

This is a commish and collab with The Minimizer.
Yes, the legendary founder of the first SW site and an absolute artist.

This is a historic work of SW art, since it's Min's first AND last hand-drawn pencils comic with lengthy, full nude sw content (beautifully drawn and no, there will be no more), and I can't wait to finish preparing it for release. The sw nude art is very tasteful, but very intentful, as you have come to expect from my works as well. The scenes are intense!

The release will take another week or two.
Because, while I have all the source pages at the moment, it's going to take a while to edit and assemble them into the story I have in mind.

Min was incredibly kind to give me the copyrights to The Dive to produce more, and so, for example, you'll find included a bonus character study drawings of Melanie in my style (the style you can see in the animations)

In the meanwhile, you can check Min's Gumroad and here it is:
https://doctorminimizer.gumroad.com
Last edited by pokonota on Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
I make SW 2D hand-drawn animations, manga and comics (F/f) :-D, please check them out on my Gumroad: https://swanims.gumroad.com

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: (Announcement) My next Gumroad release will be (you can't guess it)...

Post by foreverlurk » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:55 am

Oh nice - I remember that comic from way back when.
My memory's a bit hazy, but I'm not sure Min has ever drawn nude SW... did he?

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:33 pm

I have on occasion, but only rarely.

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:46 am

3/27 Update:
Sorry it's taken so long guys. But we're working on the last details of The Dive 2 assembly, because the story changed a bit since then.

In the meanwhile, I'll release a special The Dive 1 package, which will contain extra original art, such as my own versions of some of the pages (a 'what if?' of if the wife hadn't called and inadvertently saved Melanie from being fully undressed)

Idk if you're excited about The Dive series. And let us know, please

(Edit: oh, also, about the Gumroad situation, they haven't deleted my store, so I'm just gonna ignore whatever they said and keep posting my stuff. If they delete it later, fine. Idc. I'll just keep making the art I want)
I make SW 2D hand-drawn animations, manga and comics (F/f) :-D, please check them out on my Gumroad: https://swanims.gumroad.com

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 am

pokonota wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:46 am
3/27 Update:
Sorry it's taken so long guys. But we're working on the last details of The Dive 2 assembly, because the story changed a bit since then.

In the meanwhile, I'll release a special The Dive 1 package, which will contain extra original art, such as my own versions of some of the pages (a 'what if?' of if the wife hadn't called and inadvertently saved Melanie from being fully undressed)

Idk if you're excited about The Dive series. And let us know, please

(Edit: oh, also, about the Gumroad situation, they haven't deleted my store, so I'm just gonna ignore whatever they said and keep posting my stuff. If they delete it later, fine. Idc. I'll just keep making the art I want)
I'm game since it is supposedly Min's last comic with nudity.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

Yes there was actual nudity in Part 2, which I don't believe was ever shared on my original site (I could be wrong). Don't expect more of it because for some weird reason drawing nudes makes me quite uncomfortable.

The art for the Dive part 1 was so bad I'm actually reworking it right now, but it's going to take a while. Some of my first works were pretty embarrassing, truth be told.

Just for fun, if you want to see how someone's art can change over the course of 22 years (but still have a recognizable style), check out this original page from the first Dive comic, and then this new panel I just drew a couple of days ago...

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am
Yes there was actual nudity in Part 2, which I don't believe was ever shared on my original site (I could be wrong). Don't expect more of it because for some weird reason drawing nudes makes me quite uncomfortable.

The art for the Dive part 1 was so bad I'm actually reworking it right now, but it's going to take a while. Some of my first works were pretty embarrassing, truth be told.

Just for fun, if you want to see how someone's art can change over the course of 22 years (but still have a recognizable style), check out this original page from the first Dive comic, and then this new panel I just drew a couple of days ago...
Ooh that looks good but man, that 1st style brings me back but I get evolution is key.

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 am

eddiegiantman wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm
Dr.Minimizer wrote:

Ooh that looks good but man, that 1st style brings me back but I get evolution is key.
I echo Eddiegiantman's sentiment that the 1st style is not only NOT bad, it's great. I'd even go as far to say I like it maybe even more than the new style. Min, I think you're self-criticizing too much when you say "The art for the Dive part 1 was so bad"... it's not bad, it's amazing. Everyone loves it

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 pm

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Adding my voice to the choir, I think both styles are great, and your old style is forever tinted with sweet nostalgia, even if I can notice the technical improvements in the new.

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:25 am

Ok guys. The release date is April 4 for "The Dive 1 + extra content (drawn by me)"

In a few weeks, Min should finish the last panels to complete The Dive 2

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:36 pm

Dive 1 remake...hmmm.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:21 am

Here is a preview of the cover...

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:34 am

Yes, I commented to Min that that cover is amazing and I totally love it: the body language of tiny Melanie, the facial language of the giant, the situation where Melanie's smallness and sense of scale is emphasized by the surroundings and like she is just another little weird fish... it's just amazing

And so, oh, the release schedule for The Dive series on my gumroad (as long as it doesn't get nuked) is:

4/4: The Dive 1 original comix + new content drawn by me (namely a Melanie full color character study + 15 hi quality single-panel pages showing a 'What If' scenario, if a certain event had turned differently in page 12)
5/4: The Dive 2
??/??: The Dive Redux (the new remake version that Min is showing above, which will have new scenes and show more of the characters and world)

If there's popular demand, I'll make a The Dive 3, but for now you can see we have a lot of work to do with the 3 projects (comix are also hard to make, you know)