Candy Cane Lane (Quasi-SW?)

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Candy Cane Lane (Quasi-SW?)

Post by eddiegiantman » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9d2G3l3UO4

So a new movie coming from Amazon Prime which has given us a lowkey SW stuff from I Am Virgo and of course Gen V, basically a man makes a deal with a evil elf for the best Christmas only she lies and gives him a miserable one and basically will transform him into a figurine by then unless they can stop the elf, they get help from her previous victims and one of them is a woman figurine and the trailer promises action with the figures so we may get some size action with her.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Candy Cane Lane (Quasi-SW?)

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:15 am

I was able to watch this tonight at another one of those in-theater Prime preview nights (with free popcorn). The characters in the image are about 4" high and are CGI animated to look like painted glass/porcelain figures come to life. They are (if you pardon the expression) a big part of the movie and you get to see them interact with normal size people quite a lot. There is one scene in particular where the lady figurine is hiding under a bed in her miniature home when someone reaches a hand in and starts poking around trying to find her...this and a few other tidbits might set off a few creative imaginations among our viewers. But for the most part I found it difficult to get excited about CGI porcelain figurines. YMMV.

Notable line - after the miniature lady complains about having been turned into a figurine: "But I do have a two inch waist!"

I got a few laughs out of it. It's an amusing family movie, but don't get too excited about the quasi-SW.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:24 pm

Does the villain get turned into a figurine?

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:08 pm

Well...
SpoilerShow
Yes, but not until after the credits roll.