Aly Riceman in: The Toy Gymnast (2D animation in my gumroad)

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Aly Riceman in: The Toy Gymnast (2D animation in my gumroad)

Post by pokonota » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:34 pm

Just published this new animation on my Gumroad.
It's 2D traditional hand-drawn style, with my first use of music, sound and dialogue.

Please check it out and if you get it, please don't forget to give it a rating.
It could really help! And let me know any feedback. Thanks

Note: I'm already working on a continuation straight from the ending of this one.
Note 2: At the moment, I'm incredibly sleep deprived because I just wanted to finish it, so if I missed any details, let me know, please

https://swanims.gumroad.com/l/erqhcn
I make SW 2D hand-drawn animations, manga and comics (F/f) :-D, please check them out on my Gumroad: https://swanims.gumroad.com

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Aly Riceman in: The Toy Gymnast (2D animation in my gumroad)

Post by eddiegiantman » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:36 pm

Wasn't a fan of the AI voice and some recycled animation at the end but I enjoyed it, I was also hoping there was animation of Aly getting shrunk. But I dug it and wishing for more.

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:46 pm

Thank you, eddiegiantman

Yes, about voices, I used my own for Aly, because I really needed emotion in the "Put me down, please!" lines, which AI can't deliver, but for the other character, I had to use an AI voice for the giant because it's hard getting an actress to say those lines (and/or I need money to commission that lol). But yes, if my funds increase, I'll commission more voices in the future (and maybe a tweener). This AI voice I found tho, I thought it was surprisingly good, so I used it to taunt Aly a lot, which I found really fun.

With regards to shrinking sequences, that's really hard for me for some reason. If I can get it right, I'll let you know. For now, my next anims don't have the shrinking process tho, and the settings are more like the human finds herself in a gigantic world, rather than getting shrunk (which I personally love as a setting)
I make SW 2D hand-drawn animations, manga and comics (F/f) :-D, please check them out on my Gumroad: https://swanims.gumroad.com

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:53 pm

pokonota wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:46 pm
Thank you, eddiegiantman

Yes, about voices, I used my own for Aly, because I really needed emotion in the "Put me down, please!" lines, which AI can't deliver, but for the other character, I had to use an AI voice for the giant because it's hard getting an actress to say those lines (and/or I need money to commission that lol). But yes, if my funds increase, I'll commission more voices in the future (and maybe a tweener). This AI voice I found tho, I thought it was surprisingly good, so I used it to taunt Aly a lot, which I found really fun.

With regards to shrinking sequences, that's really hard for me for some reason. If I can get it right, I'll let you know. For now, my next anims don't have the shrinking process tho, and the settings are more like the human finds herself in a gigantic world, rather than getting shrunk (which I personally love as a setting)
It's just the AI voice sounds stilted at times and kinda breaks the illusion, honestly, you could just do your own voice only bring it up a pitch.

I do hope you come back to this though. A shrunk adult gymnast isn't touched on as much subject wise.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:20 pm

pokonota wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:34 pm
Just published this new animation on my Gumroad.
It's 2D traditional hand-drawn style, with my first use of music, sound and dialogue.

Please check it out and if you get it, please don't forget to give it a rating.
It could really help! And let me know any feedback. Thanks

Note: I'm already working on a continuation straight from the ending of this one.
Note 2: At the moment, I'm incredibly sleep deprived because I just wanted to finish it, so if I missed any details, let me know, please

https://swanims.gumroad.com/l/erqhcn
Do we have to pay to view it? I didn't see any other option.
sally g, reincarnated.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:06 pm

Very nice! I loved the playful teasing and the shrunken gymnast/athlete theme should be used more often.

I'm with eddie, the AI voice was a bit jarring. I have tried Murf.ai in the past and it does require some tweaking in order not to sound too robotic. You could probably use AI but with your own voice as a base, then modify it to sound different (rather than just pitch-shifted), something like :

https://elevenlabs.io/voice-changer (check out the demo vid)

And of course a shrinking sequence in this style would be awesome.

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:26 am

Ok guys, I'll try replacing the AI voice with a human voice actress. Then I'll update the file in gumroad so you can enjoy the new version (without any further payment, of course). But it may take some time finding such a voice actress, so please be very patient with me

I'm also doing other SW works at the moment, such as The Dive 2 comic from Minimizer, which is technically done (he made it), but I need to letter it, and that's much harder than you'd think. So I'm on it. And I have been making another 3D comic, so maybe that'll be next in the pipeline

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:44 am

pokonota wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:26 am
Ok guys, I'll try replacing the AI voice with a human voice actress. Then I'll update the file in gumroad so you can enjoy the new version (without any further payment, of course). But it may take some time finding such a voice actress, so please be very patient with me

I'm also doing other SW works at the moment, such as The Dive 2 comic from Minimizer, which is technically done (he made it), but I need to letter it, and that's much harder than you'd think. So I'm on it. And I have been making another 3D comic, so maybe that'll be next in the pipeline
All sound like good reasons to wait for awhile, can't wait.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:15 pm

pokonota wrote:
I'm also doing other SW works at the moment, such as The Dive 2 comic from Minimizer, which is technically done (he made it)
Heh, I forgot all about that, so don't worry that I'm sitting here tapping my fingers waiting. Take as much time as you need!

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:15 pm

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:15 pm
pokonota wrote:
I'm also doing other SW works at the moment, such as The Dive 2 comic from Minimizer, which is technically done (he made it)
Heh, I forgot all about that, so don't worry that I'm sitting here tapping my fingers waiting. Take as much time as you need!
Oh my gosh, I'm sorry Min! It is just, and I was chatting with Foreverlurk abt this in Discord but, I've been unable to contain myself and I have like 7 SW projects rn and I've been suffering anxiety bcs of that (because obvi I couldn't finish even just one, being spread all over the place). But now I finally got this anim out. So I feel relieved a bit

The Dive 2 is an amazing comic and I absolutely love it. Thank you so much for doing that commish 🙏

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:38 am

pokonota wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:15 pm
Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:15 pm
pokonota wrote:
Oh my gosh, I'm sorry Min! It is just, and I was chatting with Foreverlurk abt this in Discord but, I've been unable to contain myself and I have like 7 SW projects rn and I've been suffering anxiety bcs of that (because obvi I couldn't finish even just one, being spread all over the place). But now I finally got this anim out. So I feel relieved a bit

The Dive 2 is an amazing comic and I absolutely love it. Thank you so much for doing that commish 🙏
Again, don't push yourself too hard, I have anxiety issues too, it's rough.

pokonota
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by pokonota » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:30 am

I have uploaded a new version with a voice actress instead of an AI voice. I left the AI voice version too, so there's 2 files.

Let me know what you think. Even tho Gumroad may delete my store soon : (