Elizabeth Banks to Star in "The Miniature Wife"

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Elizabeth Banks to Star in "The Miniature Wife"

Post by rscholar » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:49 pm

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Elizabeth Banks to Star in "The Miniature Wife"

Post by Little Sally » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:53 pm

rscholar wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:49 pm
https://tvline.com/news/elizabeth-banks ... 235192397/

Guys......GUYS....THIS IS IT!!!
Wow! This sounds very promising indeed.

Thanks for the share! :)
sally g, reincarnated.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:56 pm

rscholar wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:49 pm
Guys......GUYS....THIS IS IT!!!
Holy shit... please please please let there be some good interaction, handhelds, and shrunken woman action!

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:31 am

This is very exciting! I hope they take some liberties with the story, it seems she's almost microscopic in the original. Hopefully she's at least a couple inches tall

ensmallen
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ensmallen » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:36 am

I know Gonzales is more into magic realism and not SW per se, but this could be big for everyone writing actual SW stories. Damn.

https://www.vqronline.org/fiction/miniature-wife
https://snapjudgment.org/story/the-mini ... the-brink/

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrinky » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:13 pm

Sadly it's just 'poof-shrink'. Andrew Kaufman's Tiny Wife would have been a bette choice, but this should still be pretty fun to watch. I'm definitely looking forward to it and hope it doesn't die in development.

scidram
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by scidram » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:28 pm

First off, OH MY GOD!
Jeebus wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:31 am
This is very exciting! I hope they take some liberties with the story, it seems she's almost microscopic in the original. Hopefully she's at least a couple inches tall
They're definitely going to be taking liberties with the story if they're doing it as a limited series. The story is a short, maybe 20 or so pages, so extending this over at least a few episodes is astounding!

I don't remember her being microscopic in the story. He provides a dollhouse for her, even boarding her up inside it if I remember correctly, so she's got to be a few inches tall. Oh, this is amazing fantastic news!

shrinky wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:13 pm
Sadly it's just 'poof-shrink'. Andrew Kaufman's Tiny Wife would have been a bette choice, but this should still be pretty fun to watch. I'm definitely looking forward to it and hope it doesn't die in development.
And yeah, I'd love to see Kaufman's The Tiny Wife produced as well, but who knows? This may open that door. Also, with Elizabeth Banks attached, I see less chance of it dying in development. She's a producer, she's motivated, and she's pretty well-respected. If she wants to get this done, it'll happen.

SO EXCITED!

shrinkwrapped
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by shrinkwrapped » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:01 pm

Jeebus wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:31 am
The repeated phrasing the author uses is "the size of a coffee mug" so I'd say that's the benchmark.

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:46 pm

shrinkwrapped wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:01 pm
The repeated phrasing the author uses is "the size of a coffee mug" so I'd say that's the benchmark.
Oh shit, I must have read a very generic description. That's great news, this could be epic!!

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:47 pm

scidram wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:28 pm
They're definitely going to be taking liberties with the story if they're doing it as a limited series. The story is a short, maybe 20 or so pages, so extending this over at least a few episodes is astounding!
That's my hope too, they can't have enough material as it is, they'll have to add some meat to the story, hopefully sizey-related. I'm also very curious how normies will react... can't wait!

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:32 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:47 pm
scidram wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:28 pm
That's my hope too, they can't have enough material as it is, they'll have to add some meat to the story, hopefully sizey-related. I'm also very curious how normies will react... can't wait!
Yes, I'm sure they'll stretch it out with lots of stuff we aren't expecting, but I won't be holding my breath for anything too erotic (hope I'm wrong though).

When I realised what a small size scale was involved, it kind of took the edge off it for me. :|
sally g, reincarnated.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:40 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:32 pm
Yes, I'm sure they'll stretch it out with lots of stuff we aren't expecting, but I won't be holding my breath for anything too erotic (hope I'm wrong though).
Well in the story when she shrinks she ends up naked, but otherwise that's not really the focus of the story. Then again, I'm not expecting too much but just a nice handheld would be wonderful.
Little Sally wrote:
When I realised what a small size scale was involved, it kind of took the edge off it for me. :|
I don't know why everyone think she'll be microscopic? I'm fine with micro sizes myself, but I think here she's more like 3-4 inches tall?

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:18 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:40 pm
Little Sally wrote:
Well in the story when she shrinks she ends up naked, but otherwise that's not really the focus of the story. Then again, I'm not expecting too much but just a nice handheld would be wonderful.
By erotic I wasn't meaning anything sexual per se, but maybe some darker undertones of the situation in which she finds herself. Like loss of independance, power, and reliance (or otherwise) on someone else. Should be interesting what they do with the theme though.

foreverlurk wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:40 pm
Little Sally wrote:
I don't know why everyone think she'll be microscopic? I'm fine with micro sizes myself, but I think here she's more like 3-4 inches tall?
No I didn't think she'd be as small as that (I did read a snippet of the story), but 3 to 4 inches or coffee mug size, is still way too small for my own tastes. But each to their own, as ever. :)
sally g, reincarnated.

Torper8
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Torper8 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:51 pm

I really don't want to get my hopes up too much
But there's been a recent drought in SW, especially in live action media, (besides Gen V)
And, I remember reading this story like 2 weeks ago, never would I have imagined a series was going to made about it lmao!
Any SW will do

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:03 am

Little Sally wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:18 pm

No I didn't think she'd be as small as that (I did read a snippet of the story), but 3 to 4 inches or coffee mug size, is still way too small for my own tastes. But each to their own, as ever. :)
Hey, now............. :lol:

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:35 am

Well, I just read the story and well, I don't know what to make of it. It's just kind of depressing.

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:34 am

Prof Sai wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:35 am
Well, I just read the story and well, I don't know what to make of it. It's just kind of depressing.

I find it very weird that they're labeling it a "dramedy." It's absurd in its own way, sure, but at best it's dark humor based on how crazy the whole thing becomes. I mean, by they end they're literally trying to kill each other - I never pictured it as exactly funny.

I'm just in it to hopefully watch a mouse-sized Elizabeth Banks get put in a dollhouse then go prowling the house in a makeshift toga and hunting insects with a sewing needle.

scidram
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by scidram » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:34 am

rscholar wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:34 am
I find it very weird that they're labeling it a "dramedy." It's absurd in its own way, sure, but at best it's dark humor based on how crazy the whole thing becomes. I mean, by they end they're literally trying to kill each other - I never pictured it as exactly funny.

I'm just in it to hopefully watch a mouse-sized Elizabeth Banks get put in a dollhouse then go prowling the house in a makeshift toga and hunting insects with a sewing needle.
I've also seen it labeled as a--get this--"romantic comedy." Yeah, it will be dark comedy. Consider The War of the Roses with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. They were trying to kill each other by the end. If this goes that route, then count me in (especially if tiny Elizabeth Banks is in a makeshift toga).

Elizabeth Banks is gonna be the SW that future generations mention when they recall early memories of first experiencing "that shrinking feeling." Wow, it's a great time to be a SW fan!

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:12 am

"These dolls clothes really itch. What are they made of?"

ensmallen
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ensmallen » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:45 pm

With the world going crazy over AI, wonder if the technology's advanced enough to pull off something like Nishi-Ogikubo in live action. The setting & the basic conceit involving an SW trying to hide underfoot from a normal-sized pursuer is basically the same here. The story also says she turns uber-athletic when she goes feral, so they'll have to demonstrate that somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALls1MmrOg0

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:17 pm

scidram wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:34 am

I've also seen it labeled as a--get this--"romantic comedy." Yeah, it will be dark comedy. Consider The War of the Roses with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. They were trying to kill each other by the end. If this goes that route, then count me in (especially if tiny Elizabeth Banks is in a makeshift toga).

Elizabeth Banks is gonna be the SW that future generations mention when they recall early memories of first experiencing "that shrinking feeling." Wow, it's a great time to be a SW fan!
Time will tell.

I think there'd be more of a wow factor if they televised "Desperate Measures".

Which has a far better scenario, and size of the shrunken subject. :)
sally g, reincarnated.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:45 pm

rscholar wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:34 am
Oh that's such a nice mental image you gave me there, hehe. I'll try to keep my expectations low but this would be perfect. :shock:
ensmallen wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:45 pm
With the world going crazy over AI, wonder if the technology's advanced enough to pull off something like Nishi-Ogikubo in live action.
It's not quite ready for prime time, but SORA has incredible potential for sizey stuff. I've seen the latest demos and I can't wait to get my hands on it (I doubt it'll be cheap, though).

Sumguy14
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Sumguy14 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:20 pm

Prof Sai wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:35 am
Initial reaction for me is kind of the same. The word "bleak" keeps popping into my head though I'm not sure it is that.

For the interests of the forum/community it has miles of potential. I just hope that the nudity and violence don't get dulled down too much... in combination with the madness and chaos it could make for some compelling images and performances.

As has been said already, time will tell. Should make for great discussion threads at the very least.
Neat!

MollySmalls
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by MollySmalls » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:09 pm

After reading this story online, I have come to the conclusion that this will be the closest thing we get to an "Incredible Shrinking Woman" remake. The author does continue mentioning she will be "the size of a coffee mug" but clearly states the height of 3 inches tall. I feel beyond excited, if this actually goes the way we think it can go. The story has much room for adaptation, it will be interesting if they make her a mother and have her friend's come over from time to time to interact with her.

On a side note: If Peacock somehow manages to mess this up, to the disappointment of "Downsizing" - I personally will leave the SW space until A.I is able to make customizable 4k shrunken women content based off commands (which might be relatively soon!)