Violet Goes to the Beach

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
ensmallen
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Violet Goes to the Beach

Post by ensmallen » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:42 am

Haven't seen this shared here, really lovely romance-themed series from an artist calling herself Pacthesis. Ongoing with 81 chapters in.

A tale of Moby Dick and Thumbelina searching for Neverland: Harley meets a tiny woman with no memory of who she was but unexpectedly begins falling in love with her. What treasures will the pair discover as they dive deeper into the land of tears during their turbulent voyage of relearning to live?

https://www.webtoons.com/en/canvas/viol ... isode_no=1
https://violetgoestothebeach.carrd.co, DA page: https://www.deviantart.com/pacthesis/ga ... -the-beach

foreverlurk
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: Violet Goes to the Beach

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:12 pm

This is in my top SW story of all time, even if it's all fluff. I have been following it ever since stumbling upon it by pure luck, and while I guess it's not for everyone, it deserve at least give it a try. I have a few personal theory about what's really going on in the story but I won't spoil anything right now.

(That chapter with the fake Wonderland trial really hit close to home)

Btw the author, Amy aka Pacthesis, used to create romance video games (of otome / dating sim genre) and was somewhat well-known. When Violet Goes to the Beach first started to gain some traction she had some bad interactions with the more... millitant fringe of our community. My take is that she's a normie, she doesn't have the kink, so please don't spam her about SW/GTS or G/t stuff.

This is how I would summarize the story (and a very 'realistic' take on my own reaction to this situation hehe):

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:12 pm

That's actually a cute story. Some guys into SW think how cool it would be to have a tiny girlfriend, but if it happened in reality, they would be scared poopless. Thus the reason most of the SW is not warm and fuzzy, but more cold and prickly. The idea of fantasy is to escape reality, but if the fantasy came true, it would much closer to their actual reality, if you catch my drift.

foreverlurk
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:13 pm

DocRick wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:12 pm
The idea of fantasy is to escape reality, but if the fantasy came true, it would much closer to their actual reality, if you catch my drift.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but IRL I would never act like I do in my fantasies, although there is some overlap as I do love the protective giant trope. I enjoy the "slice of life" stories and comics too, they do offer an escape from reality but in a more grounded way. I really love to dream about how a multi-size relationship would work, and dealing with all the struggles.

But Violet... IMHO is about much more than just SW or size difference, it's about dealing with grief, thus why I mentionned having some theories on the subject (the author dropped some clues too).

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:18 pm

I think Littest Lilly's stories show the sort of trauma being a tiny GF and having a tiny GF lead to. If you truly care about her as a person, having your partner shrink is actually a really horrific experience for both of you.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:18 pm
I think Littest Lilly's stories show the sort of trauma being a tiny GF and having a tiny GF lead to. If you truly care about her as a person, having your partner shrink is actually a really horrific experience for both of you.
Exactly. Parts of the story remind me of her story "Out of Their Element".

foreverlurk
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:55 pm

Raso719 wrote:
I get it, and I'm not saying it's easy, but you make it sound like it's impossible. Sometimes even IRL you don't get to choose, though (if, say, your partner has an accident with disabling injuries). Like any relationship that is out of societal norms (ie. able-bodied person with disabled person, same-sex relation, multi-racial, etc). I'm under no illusion that it would be idyllic all the time, trust me, I've spent a lot of time imagining how that would go, and damn if I wouldn't give it my everything to make it work. I wouldn't stop loving her if she became tiny - or became disabled - that is one of the few certainties I have.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:09 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:55 pm
Raso719 wrote:
I get it, and I'm not saying it's easy, but you make it sound like it's impossible. Sometimes even IRL you don't get to choose, though (if, say, your partner has an accident with disabling injuries). Like any relationship that is out of societal norms (ie. able-bodied person with disabled person, same-sex relation, multi-racial, etc). I'm under no illusion that it would be idyllic all the time, trust me, I've spent a lot of time imagining how that would go, and damn if I wouldn't give it my everything to make it work. I wouldn't stop loving her if she became tiny - or became disabled - that is one of the few certainties I have.
Oh I'm not saying it couldn't work or that it would be grounds for separation, but it especially if it was out of everyone's control it would be traumatic for everyone. The loss of freedom, the constant danger from everything, having to maybe get rid of pets or keep her away from her own children if they are too young to understand, keeping her hidden for fear of her becoming a government experiment or target for stalkers and so on and so forth.

Having a little woman as a pet is a hole different ball game than having a shrunk GF or wife.

foreverlurk
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:09 pm
The loss of freedom, the constant danger from everything, having to maybe get rid of pets or keep her away from her own children if they are too young to understand, keeping her hidden for fear of her becoming a government experiment or target for stalkers and so on and so forth.
If there's one thing that can triumph over trauma and fear, it's love.

Maybe I'm an idealistic dreamer or my size kink is blinding me, but there's nothing that can't be fixed with love, and time. Loss of freedom? Think of ways to fix the house and adapt it to make it more accessible, to give her back some agency and control. Children? They are the most delicate and considerate creature I've seen, even with tiny insects, I hate the trope in size fiction where kids are always cruel or careless. I also have a daughter who I have to protect from this world (well, not in the same sense, but you get it) and I learned that humans adapt to new situations and challenges so quickly, that's our main strength as a species. Danger? Smaller mammals exist and can live in this world, even with the danger surrounding them. Plus, our role as giants and caretaker is to protect tinies at all costs. :D

Honestly my fantasies are much more in the fluff side of things - keeping a tiny lady as a pet is not something I think about often, unless I want/need a quick fix...

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 pm
Raso719 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:09 pm
The loss of freedom, the constant danger from everything, having to maybe get rid of pets or keep her away from her own children if they are too young to understand, keeping her hidden for fear of her becoming a government experiment or target for stalkers and so on and so forth.
If there's one thing that can triumph over trauma and fear, it's love.

Maybe I'm an idealistic dreamer or my size kink is blinding me, but there's nothing that can't be fixed with love, and time. Loss of freedom? Think of ways to fix the house and adapt it to make it more accessible, to give her back some agency and control. Children? They are the most delicate and considerate creature I've seen, even with tiny insects, I hate the trope in size fiction where kids are always cruel or careless. I also have a daughter who I have to protect from this world (well, not in the same sense, but you get it) and I learned that humans adapt to new situations and challenges so quickly, that's our main strength as a species. Danger? Smaller mammals exist and can live in this world, even with the danger surrounding them. Plus, our role as giants and caretaker is to protect tinies at all costs. :D

Honestly my fantasies are much more in the fluff side of things - keeping a tiny lady as a pet is not something I think about often, unless I want/need a quick fix...

Yeah all of that can be overcome with effort, work and love. Doesn't mean it won't be traumatic.

foreverlurk
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by foreverlurk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:00 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 pm
Doesn't mean it won't be traumatic.
Are you... I never said it wouldn't be! :roll: It's not easy to recover from trauma. And I know the stats for real life are brutal - 80% of marriages end in divorce following the loss of a child - same after debilitating injuries / quadriplegia, war vets with PTSD, etc.

Almost all size fiction story where a partner shrinks end up with the "good ending" being said partner getting restored. And that's fine and good. I just think that's the easy way to a happy ending that has been done many, many times before.

Bloodthirstybutcher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bloodthirstybutcher » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 pm

Littlest Lily suggested this tome when when we first met and I fell in love with it immediately
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people, Jeremy."

-Super Hans, Peep Show

scidram
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by scidram » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:22 pm

I absolutely adore this story and have been waiting patiently for her to continue with it. Glad to see it getting the shout-out and some love here.