The Family Palmer

SW stories that include violence or extreme injuries etc.

DISCLAIMER: Many of the stories within are at the border of what is legal to post. Venture forth at your own Peril
Zenra_Yade
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

The Family Palmer

Post by Zenra_Yade » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:13 pm

When Nelson heard a scream echo from his neighbor's house, he leaped the fence and entered the back door. A three-foot-tall Misses Palmer stared into the kitchen. "What's wrong?"

The little woman squealed, and she pointed to the kitchen. "Help!"

Stephanie clung to the open freezer door. She looked shorter than her mother. Nelson set Stephanie on his hip as he would a small child and closed the freezer. "Are you okay, Steph?"

Her tiny arms coiled around his neck and she kissed his cheek. "I'm fine, thanks to you, Nelson."

"Why didn't your dad help?" Jessica shot her daughter a look, though Stephanie didn't pay attention.

"Dad was the first one afflicted. He's about the height of a Ken doll."

"Stephanie!"

"Oh right, sorry. Dad didn't want anyone to know we caught the virus. Could we keep this between us?"

"Sure, I won't tell a soul."

Jessica walked over to Nelson. "Thanks. I'm sure you've heard those horrible stories about what people do to shrinkies like us. I don't even want to know what happens at those mini-clinics."

"From what I've heard, those places are worse than concentration camps."

Stephanie's stomach grumbled under her oversized T-shirt. "When did you guys eat last?"

"About three days ago."

"Three days! That's ridiculous. I'll order us a pizza."

Jessica dropped to the floor and convulsed. "Are you alright, Misses Palmer? What's happening to her?"

"It’s a shrinking spell. She'll be all right."

"Is that how you got stuck on the freezer?" Stephanie blushed.

"Yeah, but, I only lost enough to lift me out of the chair." Jessica’s seizure ended.

"It looks like she's finished. We get super weak after a shrinking spell, and that was the biggest one I’ve seen. I don’t know how to ask you, but, when you put me down, could-"

Nelson set Stephanie on the floor, placed a finger to her lips, and crouched to her level. "I get it, Steph. Take a deep breath." Stephanie smiled as Nelson scooped up her mother and carried her into the lounge room. A doll-sized Mark Palmer slept atop a pile of tissues on the coffee table. Once Nelson laid Jessica on the couch, he sat cross-legged on the floor. Stephanie stood opposite him. "Wow, your dad is small. Is that how small you and your mom will get?"

"I don’t want to think about it. I don't know what we’ll do when we get that tiny. This whole thing is so fucked up."

"I shouldn't have brought it up. Why don't we cross that bridge when we come to it? I'm here for you, and I'm not going anywhere. You don't have to go through this alone anymore."

Stephanie threw herself at Nelson. "You don't know how much that means."

"That's all right, Steph." He sat her on his lap as he pulled his phone out and opened the pizza app.

"Could you help me pick the pizzas?"

Stephanie giggled and wiped tears from her eyes. Her hunger pangs became almost unbearable as he scrolled through the food. After they placed the order, they watched television. Nelson tried to quell his enjoyment as it prodded against Stephanie’s back. The doorbell woke Stephanie's parents. Nelson placed Stephanie on the couch beside her mother. Mark, draped in a makeshift tissue toga, stormed to the edge of the coffee table. "What is Nelson doing here, and who the fuck is at the door?"

"Stay here and stay quiet. I'll be back in a minute."

Mark glared at his wife. "What is going on here, Jessica? Why is the fucking neighbor here? He rang a clinic, didn't he? I knew he'd do something like this."

"That fucking neighbor saved your daughter's life."

"Huh?"

"It's true, daddy. He rescued me, ordered us a pizza and promised not to tell anybody about us."

"That doesn't explain why he's here."

"I went to the kitchen, saw Steph dangling from the freezer, and screamed. Thankfully, Nelson ran to her aid. Without him, Steph might have hurt herself, or died. We owe him our gratitude."

“All right, you're right."

The trio jumped as the front door slammed shut. Nelson returned with the pizzas. "Hey, where should I put them?"

Stephanie set her father on her lap while Jessica cleared the coffee table. The warm aroma enveloped the room as Nelson set them down. "Thanks, Nelson. I don’t know how we can repay you."

Nelson smiled. “I have a few ideas. How about you show me how limber your little body is in your bedroom, Misses Palmer while the others enjoy their meal?”