A Nice Surprise

SW stories that include violence or extreme injuries etc.

DISCLAIMER: Many of the stories within are at the border of what is legal to post. Venture forth at your own Peril
Zenra_Yade
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

A Nice Surprise

Post by Zenra_Yade » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:01 am

A Nice Surprise

Kim Mason couldn’t wait to get off work. Her day behind the counter of Ginorddio’s Mini Emporium stretched long enough for her to grow bored. Most days, Kim worked alone. Her nineteen-year-old manager, Greg, only ventured out of his office to wield his power over her. Kim looked at the clock on the wall. She only had fifteen minutes until she could head home. A jingle sounded as a young man entered the establishment. When he approached the counter, Kim recognized him as her friend’s son. “Owen?”

“Hi, Miss Mason. How long have you worked here?”

“I started about a year ago. How’s college?”

“School’s school.” Owen shrugged. “I can’t complain.”

“Look at how tall you’ve grown.”

“Yeah, well, it’s been a while since you saw me last.”

“Too long. How’s your mom going?”

“She’s fine, kind of. Mom broke up with her boyfriend. Other than that, she’s fine.”

“Oh no. Nicki broke up with Trevor? That’s terrible.”

“Good riddance, I say. After god know how long, Mom finally wised up to his sleaziness.”

“Mm, yeah. I didn’t like him either. I only put up with Trevor for your mother. Tell her I’ll come by for a visit this weekend. Now, what can I get you today?”

“Right, I almost forgot. A practical assessment for my modern biology class requires me to vivisect a live mini on camera. So, I’ll take one without enhancements.”

Greg exited his office and set a box on the counter in front of Kim. “Sorry to interrupt, but I need you to minimize. The lab sent us a woman they minimized to seven-hundred-and-twentieth her full-size, and I can’t find her. They say she stood five-foot-six before they shrank her, so-”

“She’s about two-point three millimeters tall, give or take.”

“That sounds about right, sir.” Greg nodded at Owen, then looked back at Kim. “So, I thought you could shrink to mini-size and grow her to mini-size too.”

“You know I don’t mind helping, but I’m in the middle of a sale.”

Owen held up his hand. “Don’t mind me. I’m in no big rush. Besides, it sounds fun to see the minimization process.”

“Thank you, sir.” Greg half-bowed to Owen. As Kim climbed onto the counter, she sighed. After Greg minimized her, he waited until Kim nodded before he wrapped his hand around her. Once Greg placed Kim in the box, he shrunk the scaler and handed it to her. Both young men stared as the four-inch-tall Kim regrew the woman in the corner of the box to mini-size. “There she is.”

When Greg reached into the box and took the scaler off Kim, Owen leaned close to him. “Before you regrow Kim, could I talk to you in private?”

Greg smiled at the customer, placed the scaler on the counter, and ushered Owen to the entrance. “What is it, sir?”

“How much for the two minis in the box?”

“It’s against company guidelines to sell employees, sir. We only sell perma-minis in this store.”

“Would one-hundred dollars each change your mind?”

“No, I’m sorry, sir. Kim’s not for sale.”

“How about one-fifty each?”

“Mm, I-”

Owen pulled a wad of cash from his pocket and held it in front of Greg’s face. “Two-fifty each.”

With a smile, Greg flipped a sign on the door from open to closed. “You have a deal, sir. But, I want to reiterate this isn’t our normal procedure. Can you promise to keep this between us?”

Owen thrust the money into Greg’s hand. “Whatever you say, boss.”

"Thanks, sir. Give me a moment to process them, and you can get out of here.”

Greg pocketed the cash, snatched the box and scaler from the counter, and brought them into his office. With the flip of a toggle and twist of a dial, Greg deactivated the rescaler chip in his former employee. Kim glared at the teen in wide-eyed horror. “What have you done? You don’t have the right to sell me. I’m not a perma-mini, I’m a free woman. This is illegal. I don’t even have a perma-chip implanted in- Aah!”

The pain of the probe’s violation of the back of Kim’s neck made her realize Greg chipped her. “I’m sorry, Kim. The customer offered so much, I couldn’t turn him down. Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll find happiness in your new life.”

After Greg placed a lid on the box, he returned to the counter and handed it to Owen. “Here you are, sir. Oh, and here.” Greg gave Owen a blister pack of leashes and harnesses. “My gift to you.”

“Thanks, they’ll come in handy.”

“Have a nice day, and remember. If you need anything else, consider Ginorddio’s for all your mini needs.”

“I will.” Owen remarked as he exited the establishment. While Owen walked home, he lifted the lid and smiled at his purchases. “I guess you’ll see mom a little sooner than you think.”

Kim glared up at him. “What the hell, Owen?”

“Hey, if you don’t play nice, I can always use you as the subject of my modern biology assessment instead of that other mini. So, I guess you have to decide, mom’s pet or my project. The choice is yours, Kimmy.”

Sumguy14
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: A Nice Surprise

Post by Sumguy14 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:21 pm

magnificent to read your work again. Great vignette.
Neat!